UnevenEdge

Rick and Morty gets Emmy nomination for Outstanding Animated a program in a very competitive field

Jman

46 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

What sad-sack voters out there are still tossing The Simpsons a courtesy nom?

The same ones that presumably ask their kids what they like for the Animation Oscars because they can’t be arsed to watch “kiddie shit”.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2022 at 10:20 AM, Jman said:

I’d say the smart money is on Arcane, unless the board goes for the Simpsons’ legacy.

It should go to Arcane but it will probably go to The Simpsons, maaaaybe Bob’s Burgers. Who am I kidding, What If will get it before Arcane.

8 hours ago, Top Gun said:

What sad-sack voters out there are still tossing The Simpsons a courtesy nom?

I think they got in the habit of giving them awards and it's just a hard habit to break.

I was a huge Simpsons fan and I tried watching a new episode last year.... it's just awful. Don't think I even made it all the way through. New family guy episodes are better than new Simpsons eps.

I liked S4 a lot, but while S5 was hit-or-miss at least they blew the status quo up at the end so I believe it won't grind its gears as much / be beholden to rabid fans next season.

S5 and half of S4 had production problems too. Hell it tends to be the norm for Harmon productions to burn out early so we'll see.

Edited by MasqueradeOverture

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...