UnevenEdge

Attack On Titan The Final Season Episode #82 "Sunset" Discussion

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

I don't really. The circumference of the walls are MASSIVE. All 3 let alone the outermost one. And they're pretty close together, even in the artist depiction they were.

Was it ever said how large the island the walls are?

Well, if there are millions, there's no defeating them, even if Eldia sided with the rest of the world (and why should they?)

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Was it ever said how large the island the walls are?

Well, if there are millions, there's no defeating them, even if Eldia sided with the rest of the world (and why should they?)

I think back in season 1 one of the info cards had the wall measurements, but I don't remember for sure.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

I don't really. The circumference of the walls are MASSIVE. All 3 let alone the outermost one. And they're pretty close together, even in the artist depiction they were.

Yeah, but how big can an island penal colony be? Even if all colossal and shoulder-to-shoulder, we're talking about 176 Titans per mile if they have a 10-yard shoulder span. It would take a circumference of over 6000 miles to make a million Titans. And it seems to me they're actually a bit bigger than that.

Edited by OwlChemist81

23 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Boom. Confirmation Annie never believed in the cause.

So what does she believe in exactly?  Just wants to get back to her dad?

21 minutes ago, 3ngag3 said:

Because it's much harder to move around after transforming in a cramped space.

Is that all?

17 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Because it's still a risk if you have other options. They hoped she wouldn't take the chance of transforming with the potential of possibly getting crushed or cramped in and unable to move, and that way they'd have better odds of capturing her. From what I remember the place Armin lead her to, along with Mikasa and Eren, was a huge brick and stone structure so it would have been more dangerous.

I never took it that way.  I always thought it was because of the "darkness" weakness.  Especially with how big a deal it was about leading her in there.  But maybe you're right.

18 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

I think back in season 1 one of the info cards had the wall measurements, but I don't remember for sure.

Well without knowing the size of the island and walls it's hard to gauge.  But I also wasn't sure if the millions number was meant to be taken literally or was an exaggeration by Marley intelligence or the Eldian king.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

Have to say,Zeke vs Levi 3 taking place off screen feels pretty anticlimatic

Their third match wasn't off screen.

We saw him take him down really quickly in the forest after Zeke turned all his men with the wine when Levi chased him down.

His injury is from the exploding Thunder Spear he used to try to force Zeke to submit by tying it to him and Zeke just accepting he'd probably die and risked setting it off. Which was a really out of character mistake for Levi imo.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

So what does she believe in exactly?  Just wants to get back to her dad?

Is that all?

I never took it that way.  I always thought it was because of the "darkness" weakness.  Especially with how big a deal it was about leading her in there.  But maybe you're right.

The Beast Titan for example never had a problem at night when he commanded that attack on the castle and climbed the wall and threw the rocks to damage it.

The way he and his Titans he was using that night did that I always saw as a hint not all Titans were necessarily limited to only day time, particularly Shifters.

Yup, seems like that's all she wanted, to live and make it back to him.

Also, now that I think about it we actually heard her declare she saw through Marley's bullshit, and that they were just weapons for them, way back when she was initially beating the shit out of Reiner for trying to convince her they had to keep going with his "hero" shit after Marcel got eaten.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Their third match wasn't off screen.

We saw him take him down really quickly in the forest after Zeke turned all his men with the wine when Levi chased him down.

His injury is from the exploding Thunder Spear he used to try to force Zeke to submit by tying it to him and Zeke just accepting he'd probably die and risked setting it off. Which was a really out of character mistake for Levi imo.

Oh I see.  Sorry i was confused .I thought the one you were describing  right now was their second match in the series. Thanks for the refresher. I need to rewatch it .

Edited by Roymustang1990
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

Oh I see.  Sorry i was confused .I thought the one you were describing  right now was their second match in the series. Thanks for the refresher. I need to rewatch it .

Oh, is that so? No problem.

When you were asking about their third fight I figured you were counting like me where the second ended up being that "staged" one. (Which was still a pretty satisfying one-shot! lol), since the only 3 are their first fight, that staged one, and that one in the forest after the wine reveal.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Oh, is that so? No problem.

When you were asking about their third fight I figured you were counting like me where the second ended up being that "staged" one. (Which was still a pretty satisfying one-shot! lol), since the only 3 are their first fight, that staged one, and that one in the forest after the wine reveal.

I'm just misremembering the exact details. I forgot about the staged fight happening actually lol

Thinking about it more now,I made the mistake of lumping in their stage fight and the one in the forest as "their second fight in the series altogether" and didn't consider the forest fight as their third fight because...I'm not really sure why. Very sorry about that.

thank you for the brief refresher,DM!

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

I'm just misremembering the exact details. I forgot about the staged fight happening actually lol

Thinking about it more now,I made the mistake of lumping in their stage fight and the one in the forest as "their second fight in the series altogether" and didn't consider the forest fight as their third fight because...I'm not really sure why. Very sorry about that.

thank you for the brief refresher,DM!

Thanks.

And to be fair Round 2 was a complete DOMINATION! :D

Even though it turned out it was staged, in the moment it was still incredible when Levi struck with such perfect timing leaving Gabi and others in shock at how instantly he was taken out. The rage in Levi's eyes in that shot was so good.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Thanks.

And to be fair Round 2 was a complete DOMINATION! :D

Even though it turned out it was staged, in the moment it was still incredible when Levi struck with such perfect timing leaving Gabi and others in shock at how instantly he was taken out. The rage in Levi's eyes in that shot was so good.

maxresdefault.jpg

I finally saw round 2 of Levi vs zeke. I don't remember that fight happening. I think I might have accidentally missed it...somehow. It was pretty epic though despite being staged. Levi truly has the eyes of a killer indeed!

And yeah I do my best to avoid spoilers like not searching anything aot on youtube or twitter.  It can be inevitable at times though because I can get impatient . In any case,I 'm just glad I haven't spoiled myself to any major spoilers yet. Lol

Oh and hitch is a babe! <333

Edited by Roymustang1990
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ben0119 said:

They would eventually run out of fuel.

yeah, but they'd just have to move from in front of the marching titans to behind them. those titans aren't gonna turn around to stomp people they missed. they're jst gonna move forward until they reach the other side of the world

On 3/27/2022 at 3:17 AM, Roymustang1990 said:

And yeah I do my best to avoid spoilers like not searching anything aot on youtube or twitter.  It can be inevitable at times though because I can get impatient . In any case,I 'm just glad I haven't spoiled myself to any major spoilers yet. Lol

Oh and hitch is a babe! <333

Yeah, so far I've been pretty lucky as well avoiding any real spoilers!

Yup, she is!
As is Annie.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 5:15 PM, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, so far I've been pretty lucky as well avoiding any real spoilers!

Yup, she is!
As is Annie.

Finally saw the episode when Levi was strucked by his own thunderspear when trying to contain Zeke. That was very out of character for Levi. Its like Levi forget in that brief instant the consequences for staying that close to thunderspears or something.I don't know what to say.

I think Isayama wrote himself in a corner there as Zeke was never supposed to reach Eren no matter what,especially not under the watch of a very strong character like Levi.

Agreed and agreed. I wouldn't mind Hitch being the next female titan one day, in a what if scenario for fan fiction though xD

Edited by Roymustang1990
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

Finally saw the episode when Levi was strucked by his own thunderspear when trying to contain Zeke. That was very out of character for Levi. Its like Levi forget in that brief instant the consequences for staying that close to thunderspears or something.I don't know what to say.

I think I sayama wrote himself in a corner there as Zeke was never supposed to reach Eren no matter what,especially not under the watch of a very strong character like Levi.

Right? My thoughts exactly.

• Like 1