UnevenEdge

11/6 lineup FINALLY announced!

OwlChemist81

19 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

IMG_20211027_113836.jpg

As expected, double MHA.

Not surprising but still disappointing, Fena reruns replace a premiere. At least for now.

The shorts block is probably all the Rick & Morty anime shorts.

This forum continues to hate my posts.

Edited by Sketch

Or perhaps replays of Iron Maiden videos. It would be interesting if we got a Halloween-themed one buried among the Fenas this weekend, and then they replayed the entire trilogy in the bonus hour.

So, I'm thinking Midnight Run Special Edition 2021, just at 3 AM.

Another possibility is the original Blade Runner Black Out 2022 short as somewhat of a primer for Black Lotus.

Edited by OwlChemist81

I guess it was obvious to the dedicated fans, but it's nice to have confirmation. And at least they're using the DST hour again. Remember all those years ago when they aired the pilot of King Star King and people freaked out over it? I hope they have the balls to do something like that again, though for all we know it could just be reruns.

7 hours ago, Sketch said:

As expected, double MHA.

Not surprising but still disappointing, Fena reruns replace a premiere. At least for now.

The shorts block is probably all the Rick & Morty anime shorts.

This forum continues to hate my posts.

It's extra disappointing because we'll be coming back from a fena marathon(airing the episodes)

Fena Premiere run followed by a marathon followed by an encore run seems like overkill...but that's my opinion

11/13 is gonna be a really short toonami for me

I'll watch blade runner Yashahime and food wars but after that...meh

no interest in several reruns and naruto at this point is background noise for me(it's always a coin toss on If I'll actually pay attention or not)

14 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

couldn't they have waited until dr stone ended to insert a fena rerun?

that's what confuses me here....going straight into the rerun after a marathon doesn't make much sense

three reruns is a big ooof

They potentially could have waited, if they had another premiere ready to start. Take that as you will.

31 minutes ago, Sketch said:

They potentially could have waited, if they had another premiere ready to start. Take that as you will.

i just don't know how I'm suppose to feel about this except disappointed and annoyed that there's no real excitement or good news to come from the november schedule update

it's just "Double MHA to finish off the season and fena reruns to act as filler on the block"

which seems underwhelming after three weeks of the regular block being on hiatus and silence regarding what's happening with the schedule in november

toonami schedule updates are always shrouded in speculation and mystery these days....only for the reality to be predictable and disappointing

I'm getting tired of that myself to be honest

Edited by CountFrylock

Batman: The Long Halloween was anything BUT predictable and disappointing, even if you could argue the ratings may have been.

But strictly in terms of something I wanted to see, Fena and the Bat-Movies were all great. Well, except for Under The Red Hood, which I STILL haven't seen all the way through.

13 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

i just don't know how I'm suppose to feel about this except disappointed and annoyed that there's no real excitement or good news to come from the november schedule update

it's just "Double MHA to finish off the season and fena reruns to act as filler on the block"

which seems underwhelming after three weeks of the regular block being on hiatus and silence regarding what's happening with the schedule in november

toonami schedule updates are always shrouded in speculation and mystery these days....only for the reality to be predictable and disappointing

I'm getting tired of that myself to be honest

There’s nothing exciting about this update. We can only hope the show presumably starting November 20th is a great one. Whatever it is will probably be announced by next Friday if not a bit sooner but their focus is clearly on Black Lotus right now, which it should be. But that doesn’t mean they should avoid announcing anything else till Black Lotus starts airing.

• Confused 1

It's probably not going to be a total surprise, but debuting the new 12:30 show promo halfway through the Blade Runner premiere sounds like a pretty good stratagem to me.

59 minutes ago, Daos said:

Good god that's an awful lineup. The only good show with new episodes is going to be MHA from now on?

No, Daos, the only MHA premieres that are airing for the foreseeable future is that hour from 12-1 AM on 11/6, and the following week that is replaced by Blade Runner: Black Lotus, but otherwise I'm expecting the lineup to be the same with the exception of course of the bonus hour. Why don't you go back to torturing Lufia's ancestors or something?

2 hours ago, Sketch said:

There’s nothing exciting about this update. We can only hope the show presumably starting November 20th is a great one. Whatever it is will probably be announced by next Friday if not a bit sooner but their focus is clearly on Black Lotus right now, which it should be. But that doesn’t mean they should avoid announcing anything else till Black Lotus starts airing.

exactly if anything announcing them sooner would stop people from assuming there's no new shows coming or toonami's just struggling that much to secure them that they'll be down to the wire announcements

do we really need every schedule change to be treated like it's gonna be something amazing and a well kept secret?

no but the way toonami handles them gives off this vibe that they are

Edited by CountFrylock

7 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Batman: The Long Halloween was anything BUT predictable and disappointing, even if you could argue the ratings may have been.

But strictly in terms of something I wanted to see, Fena and the Bat-Movies were all great. Well, except for Under The Red Hood, which I STILL haven't seen all the way through.

batman the long halloween just felt....underwhelming and lackluster in my opinion

Part II dragged on way too much and villains were randomly thrown in just for the sake of having them appear even if it made no sense as was the case with the joker where his prior motivations went out the window in favor of being a henchman which for him seems weird as he doesn't seem like the kind of character to just play by someone else's rules

i only really care about schedule changes that affect the block in the long run and couldn't care less about one night events as it's a "One Night" Event that only affects that night

good or bad they are just temporary pauses on the regular block for one reason or another

Edited by CountFrylock

2 hours ago, Sketch said:

I don't get what you're saying by "nothing" exciting in this update. If you ask me, this is PLENTY exciting, although the excitement level is down considerably from the Batman movies.

8 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I don't get what you're saying by "nothing" exciting in this update. If you ask me, this is PLENTY exciting, although the excitement level is down considerably from the Batman movies.

this update is double MHA and a fena encore run(one week after the marathon so it isn't all that special)with naruto moved up and a bonus shorts block(which will probably be the rick and morty anime shorts)

I Don't see what's so exciting about that

5 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

this update is double MHA and a fena encore run(one week after the marathon so it isn't all that special)with naruto moved up and a bonus shorts block(which will probably be the rick and morty anime shorts)

I Don't see what's so exciting about that

I think he's on Demarco's payroll.

• Haha 1

I'm sorry, I'm actually kind of excited about the Double MHA and the return of Yashahime now that it FINALLY has a semi-coherent plot. Food Wars I can take or leave, and maybe because they spam it I'm into Shippuden more than usual, too.

Yes, I am a little underwhelmed that Fena sheepishly takes the 2:30 timeslot knocking Toonami back to 5 premiere slots. Who wouldn't be? But I feel that the shorts block will sort of make up for that if it contains new content and not just Rick & Morty shorts. I could see Cosmo Samurai and the Iron Maiden videos ending up replaying there too. Plus, my DVR recordings of the first 2 episodes of Fena screwed up, and now I know that if I can't get home in time for them All Hallows Eve Eve and if they screw up again, then I have a THIRD chance to capture them, something we didn't get with the FLCL sequels in 2018.

November 20th will be the true test to see if Toonami is stuck in a holding pattern with new anime acquisitions until the end of the year. If they sheepishly move up 1-2:30 AM to 12:30-2 AM and then throw on MHA Season 5 reruns at 2 AM, THEN I might be worried.

Edited by OwlChemist81

Look I know you like everything, but Yashahime is hot garbage and people don't like it. It's critical reception on MAL is ranked about.. 2500 spots lower than Fena, which was already really bad.

Food Wars is awful but people actually like it for some reason. Maybe the foodgasms and partial nudity? 

It's real disappointing that they aren't airing Black Out but I'm intrigued about the short that will be airing.

Basically no surprises in that November 13th schedule, they surely could have announced it with the November 6th one.

The big opening now is on November 20th, hopefully they announce something for that soon. It would be a real waste not to pair a new show with Black Lotus.

• Like 2