UnevenEdge

Gen:Lock Season 2 premieres November 4 on HBO Max

Jman

I kinda hope Toonami airs Season 1 again before Season 2. Maybe this time uncut for time as a marathon on January 1st, but if not, one of the late night slots would do fine.

They DID say HBO Max would get exclusivity for the first 60 days, right? If that's the case, then a January 8th Toonami premiere would seem to make sense to me. Air it and Blade Runner: Black Lotus back-to-back in the Midnight hour to REALLY piss off the 2D animation purists! 🤣

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, elfie said:

Well it's out. Is anyone here planning to watch it?

The Reddit is not happy.  The animation is even worse (no one likes Dragon Prince for the animation, they like it despite that), and the plot is not good.

Toonami would be better suited getting AMAIM or Sakugan.

Edited by Jman

2 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

I take it this means they spent the whole season still not explaining who the Union is beyond "they're the enemy"?

They’re releasing one episode at a time, and now are going for an “all sides are bad” approach.

Episode 2 of Season 2 is out, and boy oh boy is it awful.   The Union’s origin is quite frankly one of the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

Go watch Sakugan or AMAIM.  If DeMarco is smart, he will stay far, far away, and Michael B Jordan will treat this series the way Will Smith treats Wild Wild West.

Edited by Jman
  • Haha 2

Episode 3 (minimal spoilers in case this trainwreck comes to Toonami anyway).

We have a full on sex scene.

With this animation.

Just try and process that, and then realize most Rooster Teeth fans, if they wanted to see a sex scene, probably wanted it to involve the girls from RWBY (you know I'm right!).

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jman said:

With this animation.

Just try and process that, and then realize most Rooster Teeth fans, if they wanted to see a sex scene, probably wanted it to involve the girls from RWBY (you know I'm right!).

Did they create a new position called Janky style?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jman said:

With this animation.

hawt

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

This show has become such a dumpster fire that the Reddit is starting to recommend people watch Eighty Six instead.  

And more Bardel animated sex scenes…which even an animator from S1 posted on Twitter to condemn.  (Granted, I condemn them because they look janky as shit).

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/5/2021 at 7:14 PM, Jman said:

They’re releasing one episode at a time, and now are going for an “all sides are bad” approach.

Oh god, that's the the lame trope that a ton of modern hack writers are trying now. They even did it in the Last Jedi, where it really made no sense since the other side had just blown up like 5 planets and taken over the galaxy. War is bad! Nobody wins when you go to war! All sides are corrupt!

13 hours ago, Jman said:

I dunno, DeMarco passed on Darling in the Franxx, and for all its metaphors, it didn't have straight up sex scenes.

Well.. they don't actually show sex but I mean... two underage teens fuck and the girl gets pregnant. That's kind of in the area?

• Haha 1

gen:Lock was just incredibly...blunt about it.  And the animation can't make it sexy, so it just comes off as creepy.

This is again why I kind of expect Jordan to never do any sort of animation again if it involves working with American writers.  Not that needs to work with Bardel anymore, dude's directing Creed III as his directorial debut.  Let's see if he can top Stallone fighting Hulk Hogan and Mr. T in the same movie.