UnevenEdge

why does it seem like there are fewer halloween specials and episodes every year?

CountFrylock

There's a lot of contributing factors.

Now of days it seems like fewer shows are created with cable tv in mind, and are part of a streaming service. Back in the day it was profitable for them to make a holiday themed episodes like Halloween and Christmas, but not so much anymore since cable tv viewership isn't what it once was, so there's no point in dedicating all the resources to making those. When it comes to cartoons, honestly I feel like there's much fewer cartoons made now of days than there were many years ago. I feel like one possible answer is back then when cable tv was more profitable, there were more holiday episodes because the network execs would interfere and make the show creators make those kind of episodes. Now of days I don't think those execs care, since they don't expect much revenue from those cable tv shows anyway.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2021 at 3:57 PM, DBAss said:

There's a lot of contributing factors.

Now of days it seems like fewer shows are created with cable tv in mind, and are part of a streaming service. Back in the day it was profitable for them to make a holiday themed episodes like Halloween and Christmas, but not so much anymore since cable tv viewership isn't what it once was, so there's no point in dedicating all the resources to making those. When it comes to cartoons, honestly I feel like there's much fewer cartoons made now of days than there were many years ago. I feel like one possible answer is back then when cable tv was more profitable, there were more holiday episodes because the network execs would interfere and make the show creators make those kind of episodes. Now of days I don't think those execs care, since they don't expect much revenue from those cable tv shows anyway.

i mean even on streaming services halloween specials are few and far between

i can think of that adam sandler netflix one and the muppets haunted mansion on disney plus but there really isn't a lot or at least not a lot being advertised online

On 10/16/2021 at 12:48 PM, André Toulon said:

You're still clinging to cable

/thread

i got three months of peacock premium for free and even looking on that....didn't see much in the way of new halloween content

Edited by CountFrylock