UnevenEdge

Disney Plus Is Getting Into The Anime Game, Becoming Yet Another Major Rival For Toonami

The1gairon

Realistically speaking, I don't think Disney would go after a lot of anime series, due to them being very focused on protecting their brand. Even if they were to license anime to dub, I wouldn't put it past them to censor either the script or visual things.

The majority of anime now of days having fan service, and scantily clad women, and fairly often now of days scantily clad loli's. I don't see Disney going after anime that has too much of that without doing some 4kids level censoring.

The good news is that we’re getting an adaptation of the visual novel where Disney villains are turned into sexy anime guys.

The bad news is that they got their hands on the Tatami Galaxy sequel, so if Disney is directly involved in its production or the other shows they have, they’ll likely be sanitized. 

I feel like the venn diagram of shows Toonami wants vs shows that Disney wants probably doesn't have a huge overlap. Knowing Disney, I imagine that they'll prefer to go the SW Visions and Twisted Wonderland route for the majority of their anime and just have something created that they own outright, so most of their potential shows would probably never be an option for any other platform.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 9:50 AM, Chapinator_X said:

The bad news is that they got their hands on the Tatami Galaxy sequel, so if Disney is directly involved in its production or the other shows they have, they’ll likely be sanitized. 

I really hope it isn't an exclusive deal. I don't think there's anything I desperately need Disney+ for so getting it for 1 shows kinda sucks.

Edited by naraku360

On 10/19/2021 at 11:39 AM, OwlChemist81 said:

I'm fully expecting FXX to be infiltrated by TV premieres of Disney+ action animation originals at some point in the near future.

That includes shows like Marvel What If, Star Wars Visions, and these anime series.

FX (before FXX) had one possible entry into action cartoons, and they turned it down when they didn’t pick up Attack on Titan.  I see no reason they would go in now.

• Like 1