UnevenEdge

Obligatory Heavy Metal, and Hard Shit Thread./

I mean..It seems based on the "What R U Listening to thread"...that we totally need this like..HUMMn, yeah!

Exhibit A

and then. Uhh..You can follow with similarly hard and head bang your ass OFF ironically type stuff.. Get it, because it's supposed to be YOUR HEAD DROPPING OFF! ~ 😈/

image.png.25d28c2f70d7df8f61b9c4b7364f4de2.png ~ umheheheheheheh

Edited by PhilosipherStoned
...I mean come on. Ya gotta bang sometimes..

On 7/20/2021 at 12:27 AM, Ric said:

I've been digging Crystal Lake, only discovered them a year and a half or so ago.

New discovery for me as well. Youtube had it in recommended after jamming Ningen Isu a lot. Apparently these guys all have lineage to a New Zealand native tribe and making songs in that native tongue really got some eyes on them when they were just starting. These days they make songs in english as well..but man this is a real banger..

I found better lyrics that seemed translated better to be like.. well how the old native language I know describes things.. It's honestly really flamboiant in things like war..nature...all that shit that was life to the people back then. These lyrics seem dry compared to the in depth translation I found one day but.. These lyrics will do though I guess..

A war party, a war party!

Footsteps pound the sacred warpath

Many heads are sought

Many slaves are sought

This is the work of TÅ«matauenga.1

Behold

The chisel of Mataora2

The strong back

The base of the spine

The buttock spirals

The thigh

The war belt

The tattooed bodies of warriors

These are the omens of war.

A mighty battle to avenge us

Our ancestors gather to assist us

Our priests prepare the incantations

Behold

The chisel of Mataora2

The strong back

The base of the spine

The buttock spirals

The thigh

The war belt

Of TÅ«matauenga1

The cry of guns, the blows of the taiaha3

The sweet flesh of our enemies

The ovens fill our bellies with revenge

Behold

The chisel of Mataora2

The strong back

The base of the spine

The buttock spirals

The thigh

The war belt

https://lyricstranslate.com/en/kai-tangata-kai-tangata.html
lyrics..
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Ric said:

This just showed up in my feed, new from two weeks ago.

Umm feel bad since you beat me to it but yeah, apparently years ago the original drummer left Ningen Isu to work in natural gas in china or somethin.. Not sure.. That new drummer they got looks chinese still anyway...It's weird and I'm not a 100%on the facts  there, but their old drummer was amazing and garneredd a lot of attention when that happened, because he thought he could make more as a natural gas tech than being their drummer...

At any rate if the new guy drumming isnt him his stage presence is probably more charming.. He dresses like Jakie Chan on vacation and uses more than your standard drum set employing chinese gongs etc.. Def. one of my fav bands right now I posted "Toshishun" to my facebook even to try to get more americans to see how dope their metal is. 🙏

Also here's the friggin Japenese heavy metal father talking about being more active on YouTube and trying that since he's.. getting older..

dude. He's...so friggin modest as a death metal vocalist. His vocals take a gaijin likr me time to comprehend..

Someone fucked him up.. There should be english subtitles here but they just put it in japanese symbols again it looks to me wtf..

Lol damn gramps no eigo.. They lied to you. 

Kuso? T

43 minutes ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

Umm feel bad since you beat me to it but yeah, apparently years ago the original drummer left Ningen Isu to work in natural gas in china or somethin.. Not sure.. That new drummer they got looks chinese still anyway...It's weird and I'm not a 100%on the facts  there, but their old drummer was amazing and garneredd a lot of attention when that happened, because he thought he could make more as a natural gas tech than being their drummer...

At any rate if the new guy drumming isnt him his stage presence is probably more charming.. He dresses like Jakie Chan on vacation and uses more than your standard drum set employing chinese gongs etc.. Def. one of my fav bands right now I posted "Toshishun" to my facebook even to try to get more americans to see how dope their metal is. 🙏

I didn't even know they changed drummers. I've heard some of their older music but only seen vids from the last 6-7 years.

Edited by Ric
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ric said:

I didn't know they even know they changed drummers. I've heard some of their older music but only seen vids from the last 6-7 years.

Well I read that from an asian translator that was explaining deeper double ententres and shit to do with their japanese lyrics. They were from the old age of this group because this guys been the main vocalist for ages...I guess kinda like Black Sabbath and Ozzy... They've had their inner band shit as all great brands have is what I take from that// 

but again the transition between drummers was.. almost seemless. I want to start drumming again but its hard and loud.. idk. I can see their style evolve with the years but in some cases it's backwards from the u.s. and they still sound like an older "goth" band... from the U.S. I cant say anything for certain because we Gaijins listening to this I think. 😄

they fuckin rock though and basically that video I posted explained that normally he the vocalist wouldn't be making so much vidoes on youtube.. but he likes that it's easier to put stuff out so he's going to try especially with covid. Him and the band, to do that for a while....

Was what he was saying... He didn't disssapoint though because Toshishun was pretty dope.. 

I...my english typings there.... wtf. Just one more post saying I can, but do not follow completely because my japanese sucks.. All I know is apparently our lead vocalist is just like fuck...We're all about covid pandemics and disorder in a way...  (meanining hes like nah world goes on) They don't wan't none lol... and they still rockin'./

Much Kudos. 🙏

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is a sausage fest.

(I'm not a metal head, I just enjoy subverted expectations.)

Japan is clearly kicking ass in the metal scene.

Seven years of content, 32k subs. Even I'd say folks are really sleeping on this group.

Edited by rpgamer
  • Thanks 1

On 9/9/2021 at 6:03 PM, rpgamer said:

This thread is a sausage fest.

(I'm not a metal head, I just enjoy subverted expectations.)

Japan is clearly kicking ass in the metal scene.

Seven years of content, 32k subs. Even I'd say folks are really sleeping on this group.

This forum is a suasage fest kinda. Here maybe this'll help then. Japan isn't they only one with a good all female Death metal band.. These gals are the true queens of metal in my book. Your disney princesses handled themselves pretty well though.. Sucks that I can't find I live performance on youtube that doesn't sound like it was recorded on a trash cell phone from the time period. Kittie may be dead these days, but you'll never beat this cougar yowl in my book~

wait this was last year? Oh the video was posted last year.. Knew the song was old totally did.. 

Umm maybe there's hope.. The band had a lot of confilct and some members even died. Here's Morgan Lander though.

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/hear-kitties-morgan-lander-rage-we-are-pigs-new-song-moot

Not really diggin' it as much as Kittie music though have to say..B can scream though gotta admit. 

• 3 weeks later...