UnevenEdge

Footlong mystery meat

tsar4

lol, I just had a tuna sub from Subway about a week ago, and when I bought it I was thinking of this ordeal. Maybe this is a PR stunt for Impossible Foods or something . . . or maybe it's just something like horse meat. Whatever the case, it tastes similar enough to "normal" tuna salad.

• Like 1

I fucked that pay wall a couple of times to read it and it just drones on about the history of subway and how tuna is fished....so is it tuna or not.

I mean, I'm sure the shit you buy in Walmart isn't just "tuna"....I don't even trust the prepackaged filets 100 percent, but at the end of the day, I don't care either. 

Hell, I'll eat a hungry man dinner and it says 100% Angus beef. We know that's a lie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

another article

According to The Washington Post, the class-action lawsuit – filed in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California – alleged that based on independent lab tests of "multiple samples" taken from Subway locations in California, the tuna is "a mixture of various concoctions that do not constitute tuna."

The two plaintiffs of the complaint, Karen Dhanowa and Nilima Amin, sued Subway for fraud, intentional misrepresentation, unjust enrichment and other claims, according to The Washington Post. Dhanowa and  Amin argued they "were tricked into buying food items that wholly lacked the ingredients they reasonably thought they were purchasing."

Edited by discolé monade
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, discolé monade said:

another article

According to The Washington Post, the class-action lawsuit – filed in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California – alleged that based on independent lab tests of "multiple samples" taken from Subway locations in California, the tuna is "a mixture of various concoctions that do not constitute tuna."

The two plaintiffs of the complaint, Karen Dhanowa and Nilima Amin, sued Subway for fraud, intentional misrepresentation, unjust enrichment and other claims, according to The Washington Post. Dhanowa and  Amin argued they "were tricked into buying food items that wholly lacked the ingredients they reasonably thought they were purchasing."

Figures that there'd be a "Karen" involved, don't it?

• Haha 3