UnevenEdge

Rick & Morty Season 5 June 20th...

Slightly surprised that no one else did this since there is a fan presence here. Thankfully not  dance-on-a-table-at-McDonalds-screaming-about-chicken-sauce levels but still. 

Anywho...just for the giggles, you too can re-invent yourself in the infinite for a slim chance of appearing in a massive blip that will be run during the premier. And potentially during the rest of the week as a regular depending on just how it's set up. No clue. 

Clickie noises on this *burp crap - https://www.gorickyourself.com/

Make with the stupidity and enter that avatar. You win nothing but you can option to have that horror immortalized on a t-shirt while you are at it. Wear yourself on yourself - it's like Inception only on whatever the budget is for a public access program or something. And feel free to share that horror here because what else are you doing? Taxes? Too late. 

Discuss!...

Nowhere to go from here but up, I guess.

Idk if it's just because I'm not paying attention to the right circles, but, kinda feels to me like much of the novelty shock value has worn off. The hype has moved on. Combined with the general waning interest in cable offerings, just doesn't seem like there's as much buzz anymore.

13 hours ago, rpgamer said:

Nowhere to go from here but up, I guess.

Idk if it's just because I'm not paying attention to the right circles, but, kinda feels to me like much of the novelty shock value has worn off. The hype has moved on. Combined with the general waning interest in cable offerings, just doesn't seem like there's as much buzz anymore.

Most of the buzz is via other social medias and in spurts. There were thousands of views during the episode on the youtube channel where people could watch the episode play on a mini screen in the Rick Drone they launched into space. So there was that. I think they would have broken the internet if they still had their streams with chat but blame the clown that had to buy all the companies and then started gutting everything to pay that bill. :| 

It also would have helped if there were some serious Cons currently going on with official R&M panels. 

I was sort of hoping that people would at least play with that character creator and share their pain. :D But maybe it was as buggy for others as it was for me. It was really laggy when I did mine [ too many people at the same time ] so maybe people gave up. 

• 1 month later...

Just saw the Go-tron (Voltron) episode last night, and it was complete and utter ass. Haven't really made it a point to watch R&M this season but I believe I have seen some here and there. I know I've seen the one where Rick feels his private toilet was violated and that was decent. But this one.... If this is any indication of where the show is going, it has jumped the shark. It feels like the whole writing team was fired and was replaced with writers all from TBS era American Dad (which is complete garbage too).

It's like Harmon was reading fan forums for ideas... "Yeah a Voltron episode could work... and we can shoehorn name-dropping Naruto in there for no reason for those weebs to jerk off to."

• 1 month later...

So we got Ricks origin story, which seemed obvious that the writers were baking in canon to support an ending that would fit with the previous seasons… but I liked it… had some feels… but what I got was, that bomb wasn’t meant for his wife and daughter, that was for him and he’s been taking bullets for the family ever since his family took that bullet for him . Sure, you get the sense of guilt and shame that basically controls his life, but they are trying to bring him to the center.

a non compliant Rick is a risk to the infinite Rick.

12 hours ago, Sawdamizer said:

So we got Ricks origin story, which seemed obvious that the writers were baking in canon to support an ending that would fit with the previous seasons… but I liked it… had some feels… but what I got was, that bomb wasn’t meant for his wife and daughter, that was for him and he’s been taking bullets for the family ever since his family took that bullet for him . Sure, you get the sense of guilt and shame that basically controls his life, but they are trying to bring him to the center.

a non compliant Rick is a risk to the infinite Rick.

I have one question concerning the finite curve of Ricks...if the whole idea of the Finite Curve was to insulate those dimensions where Rick was the smartest person in that particular dimension...how did Eats Shit Rick make the grade? :D:D:D I mean, he did appear to have a greater level of empathy [ almost early Rick levels at a later Rick age ] but that isn't likely to cut it if the whole insulation was based on mental intelligence with emotional intelligence being considered the least of anything.