UnevenEdge

Melatonin is NOT for kids

fuggnificent

*sigh*....although melatonin in small doses does not seem to alter hormones in adolescents, there are currently no definitive studies to conclusively show positive or negative effects to development...IE who knows...talk to a doctor 

The label says not to give it to them so dont. The fact that even doctors dont know how itll fuck little timmy up should be even more of a deterrent.

The label says not to give it to them so dont. The fact that even doctors dont know how itll fuck little timmy up should be even more of a deterrent.

given that i deal with doctors everyday....them writing a script for amoxicillin is potentially deadly....they arent the brightest fucking crayons anyway....and to be fair OTC vitamins were created by a man who thought it would be a way to cheat his own death and marketed to the ignorant....and melatonin itself doesnt provide enough evidence to promote sleep...it MAY...but its not a promise nor will it help you stay asleep....the label should say 'ingest at your own risk' 

given that i deal with doctors everyday....them writing a script for amoxicillin is potentially deadly....they arent the brightest fucking crayons anyway....and to be fair OTC vitamins were created by a man who thought it would be a way to cheat his own death and marketed to the ignorant....and melatonin itself doesnt provide enough evidence to promote sleep...it MAY...but its not a promise nor will it help you stay asleep....the label should say 'ingest at your own risk' 

Melatonin has changed my life. My supervisor suggested because his bipolar brother takes it. It has worked miracles on allowing me to fall asleep and stay asleep. It also has stopped me from having nightmares every night. It may not work for everyone but it works for me.

Melatonin has changed my life. My supervisor suggested because his bipolar brother takes it. It has worked miracles on allowing me to fall asleep and stay asleep. It also has stopped me from having nightmares every night. It may not work for everyone but it works for me.

k....bet a placebo would do the same...lol like a fucking jelly bean.....

I took melatonin as a boy to help with sleep issues. There isn't really a definitive study on the effects of melatonin. It's the same with most over the counter supplements, they are largly untested. As such they are sold "as is", i.e. the disclaimers are legal warnings in order to cover them from lawsuits.

I'm not saying it's ok to give melatonin to kids, I'm saying I don't know and neither do they. I can tell you though that melatonin use was not even on the radar of things that fucked me up as a child.