UnevenEdge

Yoko Kanno confirmed for live action Bebop

This is good news to be sure, however I remain skeptical about this project.

Catching lightning in a bottle once is difficult enough, twice, and living up to the initial legend, is just about impossible.

In many ways I kind of wish they had just decided to keep the world setting and go with characters and story being new.

• Like 1

Getting Yoko Kanno or someone else who can create amazing music was a must, so I'm glad they did the smart thing and got Kanno. Cowboy Bebop with sub-par music simply will not do.

I'm starting to wonder about Ed. We have heard nothing about someone being cast as Ed so far. Maybe they aren't even going to include Ed in this version or at least this first season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Ginguy said:

This is good news to be sure, however I remain skeptical about this project.

Catching lightning in a bottle once is difficult enough, twice, and living up to the initial legend, is just about impossible.

In many ways I kind of wish they had just decided to keep the world setting and go with characters and story being new.

For sure.

I am not expecting anything to be as good as the original series, but I would not mind being pleasantly surprised. 

• Like 1