UnevenEdge

Attack On Titan: The Final Season Episode #63 Discussion

On 1/31/2021 at 3:38 AM, ben0119 said:

I thought that was the whole weakness of Titans is that they are dormant and weak without light.  That was why they chased Annie underground and probably why Reiner has been lead underground.  They wouldn't be able to transform, or their Titan forms would be useless.  But Reiner is still a highly trained warrior end Eren is missing a leg and an eye.  I'm not sure what the plan was here.

well, i mean, when Eren transforms, he'll be whole again. I'm betting the paradis eldians orchestrated a situation where eren could be maimed without transforming in the moment

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

well, i mean, when Eren transforms, he'll be whole again. I'm betting the paradis eldians orchestrated a situation where eren could be maimed without transforming in the moment

Yeah, I think so too.

Not sure but after I saw the leg last ep I was thinking he can probably control the timing of his healing now after 4 more years of practice, along the lines of how Annie showed us it was possible to focus hers (like she did by prioritizing healing one of her eyes) in her Titan form or like Reiner with his arm at the castle during that night attack.

I guess he could have been keeping up appearances after the arm bandage got put on but if not then he was seemingly able to hold off healing his arm until he was ready (we saw his arm emit smoke right after he took off the bandage and was preparing to transform when they revealed they were the Armored and Colossal), and now knowing that he was the Armored he was clearly able to hold back his transformation despite the pain of his arm getting bit into by that Titan, so I think it's possible maybe Eren can control his healing and better hold off his transformation since he's had 4 years to improve since we last saw him.

Loved this ep. Re-watched it and even on second viewing it still feels like lots of things in motion (Since I'm not watching ahead I feel like this is one of those deceptive ones that there's still more I haven't noticed yet that I might on future watches after we're further in lol) despite the calm before the storm and then there was all that feeling of shit's about to go down and kick things off with that tone toward the end and that post-credit cliffhanger.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Thanks 1

The scene with eren become an amputee kinda loses melodrama points as the viewers already know that Eren can just regenerate those lost body parts back by activating his titan powers.if eren didn't have access to his titan powers,the scene of discovering timeskip eren lost his leg would be alot more poignant

Also,without watching ahead and catching up to the japanese subs.

I think timeskip eren choosing not to regenerate not his leg and growing her hair long is all part of his deceptive facade disguise he's just playing up (of a much bigger plan at hand) which has helped him to successfully infiltrate the location  he's currently at without arising suspicion by zeke and reiner or whoever

On 2/3/2021 at 3:44 PM, Roymustang1990 said:

The scene with eren become an amputee kinda loses melodrama points as the viewers already know that Eren can just regenerate those lost body parts back by activating his titan powers.if eren didn't have access to his titan powers,the scene of discovering timeskip eren lost his leg would be alot more poignant

Also,without watching ahead and catching up to the japanese subs.

I think timeskip eren choosing not to regenerate not his leg and growing her hair long is all part of his deceptive facade disguise he's just playing up (of a much bigger plan at hand) which has helped him to successfully infiltrate the location  he's currently at without arising suspicion by zeke and reiner or whoever

Agreed. Probably why to me it didn't feel like they were going for all that much focus toward Eren's battered physical state which is why I was thinking about him blending in like you said once realizing that was Eren. That's true it's gotten him pretty deep in and has gone unnoticed by Zeke and Reiner (I don't think we've seen Pieck going out much) if they've ever been relatively nearby like perhaps when he and the other wounded were first coming in. Oh yeah, just remembered, or Porco too who now has Ymir's memories.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1