UnevenEdge

Found my old rucksack in the garage

Mix

Oh the memories....

- Unopened can of miller light (it time traveled to be here with me tonight, shame not to drink it)

- 500 rwandan francs (so basically fifty cents)

- Faded bronze zippo lighter (I thought this thing was bad ass then, I think it's bad ass now.....progression through the years = 0%)

- Torn Logg jacket from when I wrecked my bike (skin tax paid in full)

so.....should I burn this stuff or what

Edited by Mix

definitely not.  I hate hoarding shit, and I trash shit constantly and then one day I'm like "Damn, I wish I had kept that"

Keep the lighter and the jacket....the francs ain't shit and you drank the really old beer.  Now that I think about it, you may just want to bequeath that shit, you're gonna die.

5 minutes ago, Mix said:

Oh the memories....

- Unopened can of miller light (it time traveled to be here with me tonight, shame not to drink it)

- 500 rwandan francs (so basically fifty cents)

- Faded bronze zippo lighter (I thought this thing was bad ass then, I think it's bad ass now.....progression through the years = 0%)

- Torn Logg jacket from when I wrecked my bike (skin tax paid in full)

so.....should I burn this stuff or what

I call shenanigans. You not only don't own a 'rucksack', but I fail to believe you even packed those items they are too rare! Look I packed my rucksack with underwear and a spare pair of boots sometimes... or lots of socks for marching across rivers idk. How the hell you gonna tell me you put four items in a 'ruck sack' unless halfway through the journey you were like.. "you know what why'd I even bring this thing?" and tossed it. 

P.S. Please never use the word rucksack here again....

Respectfully, PhilosipherStoned.

3 minutes ago, BlackNoir said:

definitely not.  I hate hoarding shit, and I trash shit constantly and then one day I'm like "Damn, I wish I had kept that"

Keep the lighter and the jacket....the francs ain't shit and you drank the really old beer.  Now that I think about it, you may just want to bequeath that shit, you're gonna die.

it's junk

Even if it wasn't....the unwanted memories outweigh any value it other wise would have had

2 minutes ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

I call shenanigans. You not only don't own a 'rucksack', but I fail to believe you even packed those items they are too rare! Look I packed my rucksack with underwear and a spare pair of boots sometimes... or lots of socks for marching across rivers idk. How the hell you gonna tell me you put four items in a 'ruck sack' unless halfway through the journey you were like.. "you know what why'd I even bring this thing?" and tossed it. 

P.S. Please never use the word rucksack here again....

Respectfully, PhilosipherStoned.

First, I went shopping for a backpack that I could clip across my chest when I road my bike, the guy who sold it to me called it a rucksack....I don't care what you call it, I have it....

Second, you think the junk I didn't take out before I left it in the garage is rare? The can of beer or the twenty dollar lighter?

5 minutes ago, renjifan said:

I'm a packrat and have the hardest time getting rid of stuff, so I'd probably keep it out of nostalgia. But...if it's junk, and you have the ability to throw out junk you don't need, unlike me, then probably get rid of it 😋

What's the oldest thing you've kept through the years and how old is it?

7 minutes ago, Mix said:

First, I went shopping for a backpack that I could clip across my chest when I road my bike, the guy who sold it to me called it a rucksack....I don't care what you call it, I have it....

Second, you think the junk I didn't take out before I left it in the garage is rare? The can of beer or the twenty dollar lighter?

Nah just joking about the items being rare because why the fuck would you not take the junk out of a "rucksack" and fill it neccessary travel items..There's a good deal of comedic sarcasim I used in my post but, this is a rucksack to me...

4271yr.jpg

Obviously this is an exaggerated meme, but still.. Don't talk about ruck sacks plz. 🙃

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

2 minutes ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

Nah just joking about the items being rare because why the fuck would you not take the junk out of a "rucksack" and fill it neccessary travel items,,, There;s a good deal of comedic sarcasim I used in my post but, this is a rucksack to me...

4271yr.jpg

Obviously this is an exaggerated meme, but still.. Don't talk about ruck sacks plz. 🙃

oh, this is an army thing....and rucksacks are the bags you guys use to carry the things you need to survive....I get it now....I still don't care, but I get it......In fact I might care less than I did before if that's possible....

1 minute ago, Mix said:

What's the oldest thing you've kept through the years and how old is it?

Oh geez...lol. That's hard because I legitimately keep soooo much crap! I just finally threw out a craft I made in like kindergarten - a small garden pot that had been painted black, with foam wings attached to make it look like a bat. And the only reason I threw it away was because it was broken... 😅

But the oldest thing I can think of was something that I found recently while trying to clean/downsize - a headband I wore as a baby. I have no reason to keep it, but I just couldn't bring myself to get rid of it. 

4 minutes ago, Mix said:

oh, this is an army thing....and rucksacks are the bags you guys use to carry the things you need to survive....I get it now....I still don't care, but I get it......In fact I might care less than I did before if that's possible....

That one doesn't even seem like photoshop honestly, but that's more shit than I'd even feel comfortable signing for, and having on my clothing record. Fuck this guy and his smile. Also I'm glad you care less because I don't give a fuck, and that's my standard unit of caring. :|

Edited by PhilosipherStoned

23 minutes ago, renjifan said:

Oh geez...lol. That's hard because I legitimately keep soooo much crap! I just finally threw out a craft I made in like kindergarten - a small garden pot that had been painted black, with foam wings attached to make it look like a bat. And the only reason I threw it away was because it was broken... 😅

But the oldest thing I can think of was something that I found recently while trying to clean/downsize - a headband I wore as a baby. I have no reason to keep it, but I just couldn't bring myself to get rid of it. 

We're gonna get you some help :|

I know from personal experience that interventions don't work, so we'll start a go-fund-me and use the money to do to you what they do to gay people and white muslims in Indiana. Send you to be reprogrammed through christ....or waterboarding....i'm not sure how that all works. 

29 minutes ago, PhilosipherStoned said:

That one doesn't even seem like photoshop honestly, but that's more shit than I'd even feel comfortable signing for, and having on my clothing record. Fuck this guy and his smile. Also I'm glad you care less because I don't give a fuck, and that's my standard unit of caring. :|

idk, it certainly seemed like you burst in here chock full of care about how it's srs bsns what I call my bag

but hey, what do I know....I'm drunk.....and I just made scrambled eggs, ramen, and guacamole with no real idea if they would go well together

2 minutes ago, Mix said:

idk, it certainly seemed like you burst in here chock full of care about how it's srs bsns what I call my bag

but hey, what do I know....I'm drunk.....and I just made scrambled eggs, ramen, and guacamole with no real idea if they would go well together

It seems as though we had a failure to communicate then oh jeepers....

matthew-bailey-r-lee-ermey2.jpg?15247066