UnevenEdge

your daily reminder

mochi

I knew of the one where he made a Star Trek fan series with himself as Captain Kirk, but this just made my day. Wonder if any more of it leaked at any point or if it's regulated to after-dark convention screenings. Judging from the other actors, I can assume some of the other VA's got involved too in their best "Girugamesh" form.

After typing all this out, I went sleuthing around and found more on it:

https://lostmediawiki.com/Fullmetal_Fantasy_(lost_Fullmetal_Alchemist_short_film;_2005)

It automatically feels like a trip back to 2005 reading about MySpace pictures and con viewings. According to this, its only official release outside of con viewings was if you bought the Vic Mignogna Live in Concert DVD and got to the Extras where you could watch the fan film along with his 1993 Star Search audition.

Edited by Jiro_Dreams
  • Like 1

On 10/24/2020 at 9:52 AM, PokeNirvash said:

How strange, that I came upon this after watching an anime episode where Vic's character literally erased himself out of existence.

what anime was it >_> because that plot has weirdly been used in several animes including the Sequel to Eureka Seven that I refuse to accept as Canon because it makes the original Eureka Seven's ending negative

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

Air. Vic voices the MC, and he just... deletes himself from reality in episode 7. Ironically, it's for the sake of Monica Rial's character.

I wish I had not looked up what Air is because It turned out to be one of those early 2000's animes where the girls eyes are on the sides of their head and their nose and mouth are perfectly level with their eyes
 Air (anime) - Misuzu. | Facebook

edit: there's apparently a movie which is significantly less horrible looking
air the movie | Tumblr

Edited by mochi

On 10/24/2020 at 10:42 AM, Jiro_Dreams said:

I knew of the one where he made a Star Trek fan series with himself as Captain Kirk, but this just made my day.

My dad is an OG "Watched in premiere on TV" 1960's Star Trek fan and said this series was pretty good.  He has no idea who Vic is since he doesn't watch anime, but I hope to check this series out some day.

• Like 1