UnevenEdge

Official AEW thread

panic

STRAY THOUGHTS ON FULL GEAR:

• Miro will kill God and drain the world's oceans
  • Sometimes personal growth means saying "No, let ME hit this guy in the head with a chair"
  • stop trying to make face Cody Fetch happen, it's not gonna happen
  • To paraphrase the headline from earlier this week, Eddie Kingston Absolutely Got Business F****** Being Here
  • *ENNIO MORRICONE PASTICHE MUSIC FUCKING INTENSIFIES*
  • If you went back...let's say about three-four years ago and said "Hangman Page vs. Bryan Danielson is an upcoming World Championship match" past you would think "So wait, WWE let Page keep his name AND gave Daniel Bryan his old name back?" and be very confused

On 11/18/2021 at 5:30 AM, Seight said:

It only took 15-20 minutes of Dynamite to turn Bryan Danielson into a heel, and if he starts calling the fans FICKLE! again then just

Carl Chef Kiss GIF - Carl Chef Kiss Delicious - Discover & Share GIFs

HE DID THE THING

Also, its funny to me that CM Punk told MJF he would put him in the obituaries when calling him a "less talented Miz" is technically already attempted murder.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2021 at 10:14 AM, Nabreezy said:

Every moment Arn has been on tv in AEW has been absolutely humiliating, he's just an embarrassment and everything he says and does looks like shit

Almost as bad as when he fell off the ring apron. Can't believe they're still putting this old bloated idiot on tv. 

After not watching for months out of disinterest I just caught up on the last couple Dynamites & Rampage. I have problems with the AEW match style at the end of rare "actually important" matches just bc, I can't describe it but it gets telegraphed and hokey sometimes, and it did toward the end of this match for sure but still excellent outcome with Cody beating Sammy. Nobody wanted this, good. Let him get his shitty little belt back and keep pumping up his inflated win total. Heel cody ahoy. 

On 11/5/2021 at 9:30 PM, Nabreezy said:

Page vs Bryan just sounds insane to do right now. Shenanigans would absolutely have to be abound in the finish to that match, and just why would you do that. 

Well, here we are. If they do another hour stalemate and have the judges decide the winner. . . . Jesus that's just weird and basically an auto-rematch no matter what. Still don't get why Miro couldn't have been Page's first challenger, just push this Bryan world title crusade back a month. Is Bryan's unbeaten record (with two draws) which is about to be reset at the end of the year anyway really that important? Just beat him dirty, it's fine you don't lose anything, have him fight the Elite for a few weeks out of revenge for costing him the match and let Page get a strong title win over Miro. This feud just feels mistimed, since Bryan feels like he should be world champion in the relatively near future. 

Jesus that women's street fight on rampage. Just lol.

Cody's shirt in that It's Time For The Main Event promo. He's so bad at this it is funny how bad this is. Legitimately hateable cringe heel

It's always weird when Sammy does his notecard walk to the ring, then disappears without having a match or doing anything else. 

I don't know what else you'd do with Scorpio Sky, but I've hated whatever this effete heel character is the entire time

Bobby fuckin Fish

7 hours ago, Nabreezy said:

Jesus that women's street fight on rampage. Just lol.

Cody's shirt in that It's Time For The Main Event promo. He's so bad at this it is funny how bad this is. Legitimately hateable cringe heel

It's always weird when Sammy does his notecard walk to the ring, then disappears without having a match or doing anything else. 

I don't know what else you'd do with Scorpio Sky, but I've hated whatever this effete heel character is the entire time

Bobby fuckin Fish

I mean, it could be worse. Tony Kahn could have responded to Big Swole on-

*checks Twitter*

[Muscle Man voice] OH NO BRO

• 3 weeks later...

Worried every day they're going to let Jack Evans contract expire because of all the botches. 

Trying to predict the lineage of the world title from here is pretty difficult. Obviously you'd expect Bryan, Punk, MJF and Wardlow to all hold it at some point in the next few years, but for how long and who else. Team Taz guys?

Hard to see Christian ever winning the world belt now, but Jeff Hardy.....

I would actually like to see a Samoa Joe beats everyone AEW speed run. Let's literally just have half the card straight from 2005 ROH. 

I like Bobby Fish's energy but don't care about this NXT faction reboot, these guys feuding with the YB over friendship and whatever seems lame and clownish. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems like way too many dudes... Most of whom barely wrestle or appear because how can you possibly book all that + a women's division with 2-3 hrs of tv a week idk.

I know it's his thing but Keith Lee looks fatter than I expected. It's cool how he gets to be Limitless and use the same logo on his gear as the last time he was on tv, good. 

What even is this Andrade guy doing, this is obscene get it off tv. No need for this. 

I was hoping the black mist would turn Penta into a demon heel even more? But it seems like he's still being a good guy and fighting the...idk haven't really been paying attention tbh. 

Tony Khan is really treating his company like my booking saves as far as just hiring *everybody*... It probably doesn't even cost that much either just some low millions each year, change to them. 

3 hours ago, Seight said:

"Cody and Brandi Rhodes are leaving AEW, and Cody may be going back to WWE" was not a series of words I was expecting to see near each other

Ok I wanted the guy to be a heel but this is ridiculous. 

Almost feels like a work but that's likely wishful thinking. I mean the guy just won and lost a championship, and what was the deal with those recent Brandi promos then? Was Tony just humoring that horseshit to try to make the Rhodeses happy so they would stay...? The Codyverse is so stupid. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nabreezy said:

Ok I wanted the guy to be a heel but this is ridiculous. 

Almost feels like a work but that's likely wishful thinking. I mean the guy just won and lost a championship, and what was the deal with those recent Brandi promos then? Was Tony just humoring that horseshit to try to make the Rhodeses happy so they would stay...? The Codyverse is so stupid. 

If he goes back to WWE he'll be StarDust again by next WrestleMania, book it.

He was just getting stale in AEW, so he'll dip out for a bit, do reality shows and then come back to "save" or "ruin" as he wants in a couple months.

AEW really needs a third show or to move rampage to two hours in order to keep talent front. They have a great roster they just need the time to show it.

• 2 weeks later...

STRAY REVOLUTION THOUGHTS:

• lol nice work not shaking Eddie's hand Chris
  • Let's just lump "who beats Jurassic Express/Dr. Britt Baker DMD" together
  • SWERVE'S HOUSE
  • *Miseria Cantare intensifies*
  • MJF's gonna die so hard and I am HERE for it
  • A wrestling company...hold on, a "wrestling" company willing let someone as smart as William Regal leave on purpose
  • JESUS CHRIST STING! (also I guess we're just waiting for Jeff to show up now prolly)
  • Still in awe that a man who once thought "what if the SSP was standing AND backwards?" has put this all together in just a few years to where he has bangers as champ PPV after PPV

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Ginguy said:

Samoa Joe is in AEW now?

Is WWE trying to go out of business?

I haven't watched in a while but their developmental plan sounds like "Mark Jindrak and Sean O'Haire but we control them from the very beginning instead of buying another company" which...?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

STRAY DOUBLE OR NOTHING THOUGHTS:

• Wardlow just powerbombed MJF again
  • I'm more excited to have Stokley Hathaway than Athena in AEW, and that's less a knock on Athena and more a statement on how hilarious Hathaway is
  • JULIA HART, EVIL CHEERLEADER
  • *Adam Cole and Britt Baker DMD win the Owen Hart Tournaments* 'k
  • Please god let this American Top Team/Sammy Guevara thing be over finally
  • Rosa/Deeb was really good and really painful looking
  • I don't understand what Anarchy in the Arena was and I hope we never stop doing crazy shit like that here
  • Christian Cage playing the longest con here I guess
  • [LIVING COLOUR ROYALTY CHECKS INTENSIFY]
  • As for Hangman Page, I'm imagining the last minute or so of "Welcome To The Jungle" where Axl Rose keeps singing "Where do we go now?"
  • And now its on to Forbidden Door Wardlow just powerbombed MJF again

• 2 weeks later...

AEW is a cartoonishly overbooked mess. I would have quit this save and restarted a long time ago. There are a few cool things that happen once in a while because there are a few cool guys they pay to work there, and they've managed to make like 2.5 new guys but it just continues getting worse and lame to me. 

And I don't know or care about these old to ancient Japanese wrestlers who come in and look like shit and win or lose and then leave, so I'm going to check out for the next couple of months until this forbidden door ppv season is over. Probably see like gallows/Anderson return idk. I'm happy that for some people it's a dream crossover come true but it's not for me. Although I do like the idea of finally watching David Finlay after sometimes signing him in fantasy because Finlay's son. 

Jesus Christ that Jeff Hardy concussion story. It's the same exact thing that happened with Matt that time Sammy almost killed him. He got a serious head injury early in the match, was visibly disoriented and fucked up, briefly checked out by "Aew medical officials" or w/e and then allowed to continue the match which included doing extremely dangerous high dive shit outside of the ring. 

The best case scenario here is that there was no injury and Jeff was splayed out on drugs and they chose to just do the match with him in that state because the YB's don't have as much common sense as Sting does. 

That is the best case scenario.

What an awful company practice we've seen them employ several times now. And on the night of the Owen Hart tournament final? The NIGHT of the Owen Hart tournament. 

Christ now I just remembered that sickening Matt Hardy head injury way back after he left WWE the first time and was doing some ECW reunion show in Philly or NY and laid there for like 20 minutes while they tried to improv and act like everything was normal, I guess hoping he would eventually get up and be able to do something.....??  Where sandman came out and caned a bunch of people, saw that Matt had an extremely visible and serious head injury and was like WTF, stalled for awhile before leaving, and then came BACK out to do the exact same routine that he just did all over again. 

Then like a week later Matt was like yeah hahaha I was pretty messed up, rock and roll

Spoiler

My brain went "hey what if as part of this...whatever's happening here MJF showed up at Forbidden Door and/or New Japan and joined Bullet Club?" and I'm not sure if want even though I thought of it to begin with.

On 6/8/2022 at 7:16 PM, Nablonsky said:

The best case scenario here is that there was no injury and Jeff was splayed out on drugs and they chose to just do the match with him in that state because the YB's don't have as much common sense as Sting does. 

That is the best case scenario.

Jeff just got arrested for yet another DUI and, holy shit, the Hardys were scheduled for a tag team championship ladder match this week on tv? 

Jeff just got his shit rocked all concussed out in a match barely 2 weeks ago, and they were going to throw him in a ladder match on free tv with afaik no real build and and probably give the Hardys the tag titles?

Just, terrible all around. 

I watched the battle royale because I wanted to see who they went with. Why was half this match jobbers...? Good result but badly done match, especially from the final four sequence on. Just a terrible slog to sit through. 

4 hours ago, Nablonsky said:

Jeff just got arrested for yet another DUI and, holy shit, the Hardys were scheduled for a tag team championship ladder match this week on tv? 

Jeff just got his shit rocked all concussed out in a match barely 2 weeks ago, and they were going to throw him in a ladder match on free tv with afaik no real build and and probably give the Hardys the tag titles?

Just, terrible all around. 

I watched the battle royale because I wanted to see who they went with. Why was half this match jobbers...? Good result but badly done match, especially from the final four sequence on. Just a terrible slog to sit through. 

Officers administered a breath test and Hardy’s first sample read 0.294 of blood-alcohol content. A second sample read 0.291. The legal limit to drive in Florida is .08.

New Sting "i Agree" Gif. by BM516 - Meme Center

• Haha 1

In my dark mindscape, Tony saw this coming but didn't think it would get this bad this quick, so he tried to hotshot the perfunctory Hardy boy tag run for some sort of passing of the torch payoff, try to get in and get out and then book Jeff Hardy like Joey Janela/Johnny Dynamite before eventually not renewing his contract.