UnevenEdge

Official AEW thread

panic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Double or Nothing

So the AEW T-shirt company finally had their wrestling PPV, Double or Nothing. I thought it was a really good show overall. No stinker matches, great character work. Stuff looks set up for TV in October.

My match of the night was Cody/Dustin. I thought that match was absolutely perfect. Dustin bled, and I'm not always a fan of that, but for this match, I think it was necessary. The post-match moment was wonderful. I choked up a little bit.

Bucks/Lucha Bros. was good, but went on a little longer than it needed. JerichOmega was just fine, and accomplished what it needed to accomplish.

Spoiler

Jon Moxley coming out at the end and beating up Omega blew the fucking roof off the building. Great stuff. I can't wait to see that match, but I hope they don't do it straight away at the next PPV. You can save that and milk it.

What were your thoughts on it, marks? 

• 7 months later...

Best part of this week's episode: The Butcher and The Baker Blade start attacking The Young Bucks after losing to them and Kenny Omega makes the save.

Hangman Page comes in after, literally tells one of the YBs to Hold my beer, hits a lariat, takes the beer back and walks off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The finish to that Swagger match was stupid - I can buy him not noticing the ref counting the pinfall but how would he not notice the other guy's music playing while he's celebrating? Dude is just corny and it's obnoxious how much they protect both these guys but I will admit I'm ready for someone new to come in and beat the shit out of swagger and no sell all his moves, that would be nice. Cody should just get his ass beat lose that plastic crap toy title and turn heel already.

That Taz promo was awesome, and I am cool with Hangman joining the rednecks as a beer drinking heel stable to beat the Elite. Cassidy better go over next week

8 hours ago, Count Smackula said:

The finish to that Swagger match was stupid - I can buy him not noticing the ref counting the pinfall but how would he not notice the other guy's music playing while he's celebrating? Dude is just corny and it's obnoxious how much they protect both these guys but I will admit I'm ready for someone new to come in and beat the shit out of swagger and no sell all his moves, that would be nice. Cody should just get his ass beat lose that plastic crap toy title and turn heel already.

That Taz promo was awesome, and I am cool with Hangman joining the rednecks as a beer drinking heel stable to beat the Elite. Cassidy better go over next week

I feel like having Hager in 10+ minute matches is their first real misfire since...what, when Brandi Rhodes had Mel and Luther following her around as some kind of cult when they already had The Dark Order and The Butcher, The Blade, and The Bunny?

• 1 month later...

So now that I'm all caught up on past episodes, who is everyone's favorite talent on the roster? 

For me it's gotta be OC of course, but I also really like Evil Uno and Stu Grayson along with the Lucha Bros and Proud & Powerful, basically the entire tag team division, and I really hope they do something with the legend Christopher Daniels at some point. His feuds with the Dark Order and the Luchas kinda fizzled out once covid hit and he's basically disappeared unless I've been missing him on Dark, which I don't watch because it's basically all jobbers/squashes. PAC was awesome but he's been stuck in a castle because of the virus which is a letdown since that Death Triangle seemed promising even though there's about a hundred stables and trios already. I've been liking the slow burn heel turns for Cody and Page, wondering how Cody will cheat to beat Scorpio Sky this week.

In the women's division my favs are Penelope Ford and Emi Sakura (sadly MIA). I like Shida but pretty bored of her dominance by now. Nyla Rose is cool except when she talks, but that shouldn't be too much of an issue anymore. I was laughing pretty good when Vickie came out to that Eh-Eh-Eh-Eh-Eh entrance music as her new manager. 

Only things I don't like - the Britt Baker roll model stuff (is she legit hurt? wtf is going on it's been like six months) and absolutely anything Matt Hardy does (except when he bled profusely, that was cool but was all on Sammy.) I wasn't a fan of Jurassic Express but I'm coming around on them. Also where the hell is Jack Evans??

Edit: Forgot to mention MJF. Absolute legend shit, this guy should be on every week. I thought he would be the one to take Cody's title, but that doesn't seem too likely anymore. 

Edited by NaBarney
Also Taz rules ass.
  • Like 1

I think the best thing going right now is MJF challenging Mox for the AEW Title and treating it as if it were an actual political campaign.

btw Britt Baker did injure her leg, but I actually like the Roll Model because she hasn't fought in like two months and everyone still wants Big Swole to kick her ass.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/11/2020 at 6:34 AM, Seight said:

I think the best thing going right now is MJF challenging Mox for the AEW Title and treating it as if it were an actual political campaign.

btw Britt Baker did injure her leg, but I actually like the Roll Model because she hasn't fought in like two months and everyone still wants Big Swole to kick her ass

You see this yet?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj66Q7zBs6U

• panic pinned this topic
On 9/10/2020 at 6:34 AM, Seight said:

[Me during AEW Dynamite last night]

"Okay Kip, this is a little funny and all but get to the poHOLY SHIT IS THAT?!?"

I never saw Rusev in WWE so I'm patiently waiting for a reason to care about this guy... Mostly just hoping they don't go full TNA and hotshot the title onto him next year to help make Fandango want to jump ship or w/e

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, NaBarney said:

Idk how I feel about AEW associating with the stain of Impact (what are they even trying to do? How are they still in business?) But the match finish was nice, so far so good. 

I just, who in Impact would even be cool to see in AEW? MCMG is literally all I can think of. 

Spoiler

I saw a rumor that this could lead to Callis being Kenny's manager because his contract with Impact is coming up soon, and also possibly a Young Bucks-Good Brothers match, but it wouldn't actually be a full-scale invasion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I also want to point out the craziness of the final segment last night including:

• The AEW World Champion
  • The Impact Wrestling Tag Champions
  • The IWGP United States Champion
  • and the challenger to said US Champion and that was the shocking part of the segment

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I feel like its pretty big that they are both moving networks AND gaining a hour-long show after Smackdown on Fridays.

The question I have though is "do the 4 supercards on TNT replace the B/R Live PPVs or go along with them?"