UnevenEdge

Naruto Shippuden Episode 307 Discussion

Just now, Roymustang1990 said:

Her being a black ops anbu is  pretty kool though. I don't think there's any notable female in the cast who ever had a role like that in series history

Yeah.

Only other thing close was Anko leading those Anbu at the beginning.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

ROFL

If only she got more fights like this in the first two series so she could have actually gotten some fight highlights and been less useless in a fighting shonen.

It was pretty funny when she got that she-hulk strength during the time skip to Shippuden but still got sidelined after that lmao.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Have we seen the purple hair girl before?

Only twice that I'm aware of.

Once when she was one of those surrounding Tsunade during the invasion and these two images I posted in the OP as a recap of her story so far are supposed to be from the ep when they found Hayate's corpse back in Part I, when she had some lines.

b738b6aa2c74ab969347e56a3f8577d46547125f

a7b98fdfe70fa9f3db97e28d29cc16d45ae1e118

Edited by DangerMouse

6 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

Her being a black ops anbu is  pretty kool though. I don't think there's any notable female in the cast who ever had a role like that in series history

LOL but being a member of the Anbu isn't so prestigious.  Don't forget how "ELITE" they are. xD

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

Only twice.

Once when she was one of those surrounding Tsunade during the invasion and these two images I posted in the OP as a recap of her story so far are supposed to be from the ep when they found Hayate's corpse back in Part I.

b738b6aa2c74ab969347e56a3f8577d46547125f

a7b98fdfe70fa9f3db97e28d29cc16d45ae1e118

Oh, she didn't find the Sound Four or any of the Sand or Sound ninjas back then, did she?

Filler writers once again making use of Kishimoto's forgotten and sidelined characters lol.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

LOL but being a member of the Anbu isn't so prestigious.  Don't forget how "ELITE" they are. xD

Yeah,it was the authors fault for undermining the strength of the black ops in general. I think the only character that escaped this though was  itachi as he was a former black ops.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ben0119 said:

It was pretty funny when she got that she-hulk strength during the time skip to Shippuden but still got sidelined after that lmao.

Right? Her strength is such a TEASE for the most part!

Edited by DangerMouse

Yeah,it was the authors fault for undermining the strength of the black ops in general. I think the only character that escaped this though was  itachi as he was a former black ops.

It was meant to show how badass the enemy was that they could take down Anbu, but was too much and ruined the Anbu's credibility.  Especially since so many of the battles were off-screen or quick and made the anbu look like low-level security guards or something.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Oh, she didn't find the Sound Four or any of the Sand or Sound ninjas back then, did she?

Filler writers once again making use of Kishimoto's forgotten and sidelined characters lol.

Nope. Just his body and sword.

Yeah, once again they've taken what little they were given and at least wrote her back into the story a bit. They actually even expand on her skills and jutsu since apparently she never gets to show any in the manga.

The wiki reminded me that after Orochimaru's attack on the village we saw her visit his grave again and found Kakashi also there which is when we found out that she was his lover.

And then never showed up again until Part II where they mention a small scene I don't remember but then her brief appearance during Pain's attack with that squad she seems to command.

latest?cb=20150316101235

According to the wiki we'll see her once more after this two-parter in ep 359 that flashes back to the night of the Uchiha massacre.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

It was meant to show how badass the enemy was that they could take down Anbu, but was too much and ruined the Anbu's credibility.  Especially since so many of the battles were off-screen or quick and made the anbu look like low-level security guards or something.

Yup, low level security guards or Star Labs guards lol.

They didn't really try hard enough to show them as competent enough to be what they're supposed to be.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah.

Only other thing close was Anko leading those Anbu at the beginning.

Wow,she was leading them on screen too? She's stronger than I thought .it's easy to forget that though when she  has so few battles in the series and even worse screentime absense

Wow,she was leading them on screen too? She's stronger than I thought .it's easy to forget that though when she  has so few battles in the series and even worse screentime absense

I think so, those couple that were with her during the exam seemed to defer to her decisions and things she noticed. So since she was stronger and the proctor maybe they were assigned to her during the exam.

Yeah you're right, I'd imagine it wouldn't have been hard to give her more screentime and battles too given that direct Orochimaru connection.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

>off screen

> Quick

Those decisions make sense as the anbu black ops seem more just like plot devices and not really actual characters,but yeah there could have  way been better power balance to show the audience their elite guarding strength

Edited by Roymustang1990
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Damnit how did i miss shippuden? I thought Ballmasterz ran for an hour

Same I keep forgetting about it. I think it's because BM runs 2 episodes but each episode is only half the length of a normal show. So I'm thinking it's an hour of bullshit instead of a half. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roymustang1990 said:

This hottie could made have been a jounin too like kurenai though( instead of just having a small role like helping to summon something).she'd probably still be underutilized though .

Imagine her getting to really kick ass like the Major from GITS since she's got a bit of that look thanks to the hair despite hers being so long in the back lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't remember if we got any reference toward Baki doing something this shitty back during Part I before we saw him as one of Gaara's advisors back at the beginning of Shippuden.

On the one hand though to be somewhat fair it was his job as rival village ninja at the time I suppose. But even so doesn't get a pass for following a Kazekage that's allying himself with Orochimaru who would have already been declared a criminal to the ninja world by then.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Imagine her getting to really kick ass like the Major from GITS since she's got a bit of that look thanks to the hair despite hers being so long in the back lol.

Yeah,yugao really does haha. Looks to be the same character archetype too too(a strong willed stoic woman )

I could  definitely see yugao enacting like the same actions as makoto kusanagi if she were to take kakashi's spot as jounin or tsunade as hokage or something haha

I could also can see anko getting the long deserved screen time she deserves if her role was

1)re-elegated to be the jounin of any of the main 15 kids in the series(like we saw temporarily  in one of the late fillers of part 1)

or 

2)swapping places with tsunade's assistant,shizune, as tsunade also has beef with orochimaru herself.

No way could mishimoto  easily just forget( how plot relevant anko  was a character  when it came to orochimaru) now probably

Edited by Roymustang1990
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, saito34 said:

exactly what happened. It's listed twice in the guide so i thought I had an hour to kill.

My dvr guide with Toonami is also correct or incorrect week by week sometimes. 

With Ballmasterz it is sorta weird how it gets listed with it having two episodes in two chunks 

1 hour ago, DangerMouse said:

Nope. Just his body and sword.

Yeah, once again they've taken what little they were given and at least wrote her back into the story a bit. They actually even expand on her skills and jutsu since apparently she never gets to show any in the manga.

The wiki reminded me that after Orochimaru's attack on the village we saw her visit his grave again and found Kakashi also there which is when we found out that she was his lover.

And then never showed up again until Part II where they mention a small scene I don't remember but then her brief appearance during Pain's attack with that squad she seems to command.

latest?cb=20150316101235

According to the wiki we'll see her once more after this two-parter in ep 359 that flashes back to the night of the Uchiha massacre.

Damn I meant to write fight not find lol.  She wasn't one of the ones who was guarding 3rd Hokage, right?  Oh that's right they all got beat by the Sound Four, didn't they?  lol.

Ah I don't remember that.  I just remember laughing at the show trying to make it a big deal that Hayate died lol.  Now it is even funnier how this episode is trying to make it an even bigger deal that HE has been revived. xD

Ah ok.

39 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

I don't remember if we got any reference toward Baki doing something this shitty back during Part I before we saw him as one of Gaara's advisors back at the beginning of Shippuden.

On the one hand though to be somewhat fair it was his job as rival village ninja at the time I suppose. But even so doesn't get a pass for following a Kazekage that's allying himself with Orochimaru who would have already been declared a criminal to the ninja world by then.

LOL you talking about the guy who totally got off for killing Hayate?  It wasn't even addressed after the Sand became allies!

2 hours ago, ben0119 said:

LOL you talking about the guy who totally got off for killing Hayate?  It wasn't even addressed after the Sand became allies!

Yeah, him. We see him on the council and helping lead the military while Gaara fights Deidara back at the beginning of Shippuden now that he has faith in Gaara.

Right? It's kinda lazy that it seems like it won't be addressed or give us a scene of him owning up to that to her since Yugao clearly wanted revenge on the person who killed Hayate back when she found his body. Sorta in cold blood too since they hadn't declared war and he'd come in under the Chunin exam.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Damn I meant to write fight not find lol.  She wasn't one of the ones who was guarding 3rd Hokage, right?  Oh that's right they all got beat by the Sound Four, didn't they?  lol.

Ah. No, the wiki makes it sound like she never fought at all in the manga.

After the next ep you can read her page including the abilities section on her page without worrying about any spoilers since everything but one tiny piece of info relating to the Uchiha flashback will have already been covered in her bio after that ep.

According to it, since the manga never did it seems like the anime over her couple of brief appearances has had to expand on all her fighting skills and jutsu based on what little there was in the manga and from her being an Anbu and then evolving her sword skills through Hayate's.

Possible minor spoiler since it might be something she reveals in the next ep:

Spoiler

Since he apparently became her sword instructor at some point for a while, which is when they got close.

Edited by DangerMouse

8 hours ago, AnimationFan14 said:

My dvr guide with Toonami is also correct or incorrect week by week sometimes. 

With Ballmasterz it is sorta weird how it gets listed with it having two episodes in two chunks 

Yeah, I don't remember it being listed like that before. I was actually under the impression that they added a BM episode to the line-up, but they obviously didn't.