UnevenEdge

Black Clover Page 122 Discussion

11 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Yeah I'm dead tired after helping my cousins move today.  I'll have to re-watch this episode later.  Because what I got out of it was Wizard King helped Asta get out of it with his shenanigans, but not that he set up the trial in the first place.

I was thinking the same thing up until justice boy's little speech to the Wizard King during the ep as well before the ending so I need to re-watch too.

Edited by DangerMouse

4 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

King Clover set it up. However WK told JB to tell KC about the devils. He did this knowing that he would order a trial. Then he had the two Nobel magic knight captains which were the only captains that the court would hear out deliver the pardon. This also allowed him to place a kill switch onto Asta while WK is in a weakened state, as it's not just Asta that would bend knee or die but the whole squad as they wouldn't do anything that would cause Asta's death should WK ever need to exercise his authority and keep them in line. It's some game of thrones flower garden bullshit going on. 

Not to mention, shouldn't the Wizard King know he doesn't need a kill switch on Asta by this point?

1 minute ago, HardcoreHunter said:

King Clover set it up. However WK told JB to tell KC about the devils. He did this knowing that he would order a trial. Then he had the two Nobel magic knight captains which were the only captains that the court would hear out deliver the pardon. This also allowed him to place a kill switch onto Asta while WK is in a weakened state, as it's not just Asta that would bend knee or die but the whole squad as they wouldn't do anything that would cause Asta's death should WK ever need to exercise his authority and keep them in line. It's some game of thrones flower garden bullshit going on. 

I somehow did not catch that at all.

I don't think it's a kill switch.  It's just a tracker.  Eeehh, I got some vibes early on that there was something off about the Wizard King and that maybe he could be evil but after a while I became fully convinced he's a nice guy who is just kind of quirky and a magic geek.  It's not a way to exercise authority.  Wizard King came up with what he could to get Asta out of trouble.  I never watched or read Game of Thrones.

3 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

He's weakened and they're at war. As well Asta has a devil inside of him as does Nero that could in theory take over their bodies. 

I must have totally missed it was a kill switch and not just a tracker.  Asta maybe, but Nero doesn't have a devil inside her does she?  She just got the horns from using the forbidden magic.

Just now, ben0119 said:

I somehow did not catch that at all.

I don't think it's a kill switch.  It's just a tracker.  Eeehh, I got some vibes early on that there was something off about the Wizard King and that maybe he could be evil but after a while I became fully convinced he's a nice guy who is just kind of quirky and a magic geek.  It's not a way to exercise authority.  Wizard King came up with what he could to get Asta out of trouble.  I never watched or read Game of Thrones.

GoT on HBO just kept reusing a flower garden as set dressing to shoot scenes of characters plotting, and with all the double crosses it just became a joke among the fanbase. Southpark even made fun of it. 

• Haha 2