Jump to content
UnevenEdge
Sign in to follow this  
StarPanda

Naruto Shippuden Episode 300 Discussion

Recommended Posts

Shippuden Episode 300 Discussion 

Episode Title: The Mizukage, the Giant Clam, and the Mirage

5ca646b15ffcd8a0dac7ca20b8bfb5c5.gif

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Good job! This also reminds me I need to watch 299 because I fell asleep during it last week.

Apparently it was a doozy though! Hard to believe after starting with Episode 1 WAAAAAY BACK in a completely different era on 1/4/14, we're FINALLY reaching 300 tonight!

Edited by OwlChemist81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

**deep inhale**

 

**followed by long exhale of boredom**
Bored or Annoyed Blank Template - Imgflip

well at least it's not an endless repeat or one of AS's worst shows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who are the 2 cute girls with Temari?  I think they've been shown before.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After all that, they escape?

Leaving this guy to the grunts, Gaara?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey that one's mine. Hahaha.

"And you call yourselves Shinobi.  How awkward."  LMAO

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Embarrassing as fuck

Temari the only one there with any skill and Kishimoto still won't let her do shit.

Oh one of those looked a lot like Kurotsuchi lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HBO Max/Studio Ghibli commercial

bastards know their audience

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, saito34 said:

HBO Max/Studio Ghibli commercial

bastards know their audience

Yeah lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, saito34 said:

HBO Max/Studio Ghibli commercial

bastards know their audience

Why the fuck did the Ghibli movies not go to Disney Plus?  Just seems wrong to not be on Disney but instead HBO, given everything Disney contributed to licensing, promoting, distributing and localizing those films in the U.S.  And if Disney did those dubs how can HBO get them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, saito34 said:

HBO Max/Studio Ghibli commercial

bastards know their audience

It also aired earlier tonight during DBZ Kai.

Hopefully they throw Toonami a bone eventually and let them do another Month of Miyazaki if they have trouble getting shows otherwise!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ben0119 said:

Why the fuck did the Ghibli movies not go to Disney Plus?  Just seems wrong to not be on Disney but instead HBO, given everything Disney contributed to licensing, promoting, distributing and localizing those films in the U.S.  And if Disney did those dubs how can HBO get them?

Disney dropped the rights to the Ghibli films a few years back, they're now owned by "G-Kids" the recording studio Disney hired to dub them

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Why the fuck did the Ghibli movies not go to Disney Plus?  Just seems wrong to not be on Disney but instead HBO, given everything Disney contributed to licensing, promoting, distributing and localizing those films in the U.S.  And if Disney did those dubs how can HBO get them?

I have no idea. It's a good question and I'm sure theres a story behind it. The only Ghibli movie I could find that wasnt on HBO max was Grave of the Fireflies" (Hulu).

Edited by saito34

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dude what's wrong with his face?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OwlChemist81 said:

It also aired earlier tonight during DBZ Kai.

Hopefully they throw Toonami a bone eventually and let them do another Month of Miyazaki if they have trouble getting shows otherwise!

Pffft I would love that but I dunno.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Why the fuck did the Ghibli movies not go to Disney Plus?  Just seems wrong to not be on Disney but instead HBO, given everything Disney contributed to licensing, promoting, distributing and localizing those films in the U.S.  And if Disney did those dubs how can HBO get them?

Probably because GKids now owns the rights to the movies in the US and didn't want to make the exclusive streaming agreement with Disney, the previous owner of the movies.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Water gun indeed.

Well, Tsuchikage looks super dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Probably because GKids now owns the rights to the movies in the US and didn't want to make the exclusive streaming agreement with Disney, the previous owner of the movies.

I'll believe you.  Mochi doesn't have the best credibility lol.  But that explains that.  Still wish they were on Disney Plus.  My Aunt is trying to get her HBO Now switched to HBO Max though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I'll believe you.  Mochi doesn't have the best credibility lol.  But that explains that.  Still wish they were on Disney Plus.  My Aunt is trying to get her HBO Now switched to HBO Max though.

I have no idea if that's the actual reason or if HBO just offered GKids the sweeter deal than Disney, but GKids does own them now so they had to be the ones to finally convince Ghibli to let them be streamed at all. And they're only leasing streaming rights because they want to keep their physical rights so they'd probably rather do it with someone other than the previous owner.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Why the fuck did the Ghibli movies not go to Disney Plus?  Just seems wrong to not be on Disney but instead HBO, given everything Disney contributed to licensing, promoting, distributing and localizing those films in the U.S.  And if Disney did those dubs how can HBO get them?

From what I understand Disney saw Ghibli as a tumor and every film in their eyes was a flop. Many of the films couldn't crack past 5 million in the US, the largest boxoffice ponyo only made 19 million. At the time Disney had the thought that every film needed to make a half a billion dollars; why? Because in 99 toy story 2 made that, so every film should make that. They adopted the same train of thought with Frozen making a billion dollars, and now seeing anything that doesn't make a billion dollars as a flop. So they eventually sold of the rights to all Ghibli films to a company called GKIDS in 2017. GKIDS has leased the streaming license to HBO while keeping the rights to physical media release. That is how Disney doesn't have stake in Ghibli anymore and HBO does. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also 200 weeks till Naruto finally finishes it's run of "new" dubbed episodes. I wonder if this series would have been treated better like Bleach had it been picked up by CN/Toonami from the start and not XD. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, great twist this thread took at the end toward the tenuous relationship between Disney and the ATT family! I hope we end up seeing an occasional Miyazaki film on Toonami once again! They could even throw in an "HBO max presents" or something...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2020 at 2:03 AM, HardcoreHunter said:

From what I understand Disney saw Ghibli as a tumor and every film in their eyes was a flop. Many of the films couldn't crack past 5 million in the US, the largest boxoffice ponyo only made 19 million. At the time Disney had the thought that every film needed to make a half a billion dollars; why? Because in 99 toy story 2 made that, so every film should make that. They adopted the same train of thought with Frozen making a billion dollars, and now seeing anything that doesn't make a billion dollars as a flop. So they eventually sold of the rights to all Ghibli films to a company called GKIDS in 2017. GKIDS has leased the streaming license to HBO while keeping the rights to physical media release. That is how Disney doesn't have stake in Ghibli anymore and HBO does. 

Well, that's fucking lame.

So Disney doesn't sell the DVDs or blu-rays anymore, either?  I remember they costed like $25-30 dollars apiece... and most movies weren't that expensive back then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Well, that's fucking lame.

So Disney doesn't sell the DVDs or blu-rays anymore, either?  I remember they costed like $25-30 dollars apiece... and most movies weren't that expensive back then.

You can probably find old releases, but all the ones I'm seeing on amazon are released via G Kids. Disney has no mention on any of the boxes. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

You can probably find old releases, but all the ones I'm seeing on amazon are released via G Kids. Disney has no mention on any of the boxes. 

But didn't Disney do the dubs?  Are the dubs gone, then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2020 at 11:35 PM, ben0119 said:

But didn't Disney do the dubs?  Are the dubs gone, then?

the G-Kids releases are the Disney Dubs....just minus the Disney Branding

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mochi said:

the G-Kids releases are the Disney Dubs....just minus the Disney Branding

 But, those expensive Disney actors did the dubs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ben0119 said:

 But, those expensive Disney actors did the dubs...

Disney doesn't own those actors

 

 

basically G-kids dubbed the movies and Disney just distributed them....now G-kids distributes them themselves....G-kids is basically just an anime dubbing studio that only produces dubs using big superstar Hollywood actors

 

rather than unknown local actors like Funimation, Viz, and Sentai

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mochi said:

Disney doesn't own those actors

 

 

basically G-kids dubbed the movies and Disney just distributed them....now G-kids distributes them themselves....G-kids is basically just an anime dubbing studio that only produces dubs using big superstar Hollywood actors

 

rather than unknown local actors like Funimation, Viz, and Sentai

Ooooh interesting.  Because G-kids sounds like the most basic bitch generic off-brand name for a licensing and dubbing company I've ever heard, haha.

So then nothing has been lost.  Good to know.  Now to try to rangle things to get HBO Max set up.  I don't think my Aunt ever tried to get it to work.  Still just stuck with HBO Now I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

Ooooh interesting.  Because G-kids sounds like the most basic bitch generic off-brand name for a licensing and dubbing company I've ever heard, haha.

So then nothing has been lost.  Good to know.  Now to try to rangle things to get HBO Max set up.  I don't think my Aunt ever tried to get it to work.  Still just stuck with HBO Now I think.

yeah, basically once Ghibli became a household name in the states it no longer needed the Disney branding to sell here...so G-Kids was able to break away from Disney and keep dubbing Ghibli and Ponoc movies

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...