UnevenEdge

When people tell me MHA is good...

Guest LytKing

Guest LytKing

And something like this comes out.....

Yeah. This pretty much just seals the deal. I'm obviously not the "target audience" here.

Lmfao the even turned off ratings and comments.

Edited by LytKing

Looks like they dropped the ball on the dancing part of the animation. I guess the downside of having such a large cast to focus on. Any other series there wouldn't be more than 3-5 people on stage and maybe only a couple of them would really get any focus.  As for the series; this is more of a slice of life wined-down arc. It's to help avoid power creep, but there are a lot of people who don't care for this arc.  While I do like this series I'll admit that there are some elements that have made it difficult to enjoy at times. Namely the MC being a big crybaby bitch to a point that it should be labeled as a super power. Really though I think they could have had more school slice of life stuff going on. Season 1 and this arc about all the group interactions and school stuff we really get. We had one class where they had to do that thing with the bomb, after that every lesson they have is here's a gym work on your quirks. Feels like there was a lot that could have been done with the idea of a school full of heroes and they neglect the potential for it. Not to mention most of the teachers suck at their jobs. I think Midnight taught Mina about using her acid once, after that everyone just learned from their on job internships. 

1584215873569.png

54 minutes ago, elfie said:

I'm not the target audience and yet I think everything about the show is great.

Ironically, it's attitudes like this that make me try to avoid watching things hyped out the wazoo on my own. Not to say I dislike MHA, but I'd definitely be less hype about it were it not airing on Toonami.

Edited by PokeNirvash

Guest LytKing
1 hour ago, Distinct Lunatic said:

But Kyouka was very cute in it, what's not to love?

I don't even know what this means.

Imagine knowing what this means.

Guest LytKing

I just really get the feeling that how like w/ the Sonic fandom, there's a lot of room and potential w/ this series for some line crossing OC stuff.

Like, clear markers of a toxic fandom that is too far gone.

35 minutes ago, Daos said:

The more important question is, is that bunny character going to be extremely horny since she's ya know.. a bunny?

She likes Carrots, but as of yet we haven't gotten to see if she has an instinct to breed. Oddly though she dislikes teams and teamwork and prefers people who work alone. So she probably wouldn't get along with the pussy cats. 

1583261587064.jpg

12 minutes ago, Distinct Lunatic said:

I made that post without watching that video.

So yeah, MHA bunny girl if she's that much like real rabbits needs to be very careful. Although who knows, maybe she thinks ahead and always has condoms at the ready or is an anal only kind of girl

I’m pretty sure at this point you’re just giving Fred Perry ideas for his next MHA comic.  (The artist of Gold Digger has a rather interesting pastime).

Edited by Jman

13 hours ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Really though I think they could have had more school slice of life stuff going on. Season 1 and this arc about all the group interactions and school stuff we really get. We had one class where they had to do that thing with the bomb, after that every lesson they have is here's a gym work on your quirks. Feels like there was a lot that could have been done with the idea of a school full of heroes and they neglect the potential for it.

That depends more on whether or not you enjoy the villains interrupting class time in every single arc.

It is this generation’s Naruto, so most of the audience it attracts steer towards the early teen and preadolescent crowd.

With this in mind, it’s easier to tolerate the cringiness of a shounen like this because most of the target audience are just weeby kids getting the most out of their new favorite anime.

At the very least, its more fitting for a lighter show like this than when they made a chibi slice-of-life school comedy with Attack on Titan characters.