UnevenEdge

Sword Art Online: Alicization - War Of Underworld Episode 9 Discussion!!!

1 minute ago, elfie said:

Okay so we're now more than halfway into this long arc, and so far, yeah I agree with the fans that this is the best arc in SAO. But that's not saying much, as it's not very good.

Compliments for this show are easy to give for better arcs as that is a very low bar 

• Like 1

Just now, CorbeauKarasu said:

seems like a minor distinction, really, especially when you think of how it appears, what it's meant to resemble rather than what it's supposed to oppose, and how much of brown is red.

also

Spoiler

they're literally called "Black lums" while the pale skinned humans are called "White Lums"

• Like 1

Just now, elfie said:

No?

yes

funny story, her name, Kitsurubami, is the Japanese name for a specific shade of brown, which is also called Burnt Sienna

her skin is that color, as is the

Spoiler

Black Lum's

skin

Image result for Burnt sienna

people were saying the same thing about the cloud nins in Naruto. "they're red, they're not supposed to be black".

like...c'mon my dude... .>_>

just because anime has a weak understanding of how brown skin is supposed to look doesn't mean that brown wasn't their intention.

Just now, mochi said:

yes

funny story, her name, Kitsurubami, is the Japanese name for a specific shade of brown, which is also called Burnt Sienna

her skin is that color, as is the

Reveal hidden contents

Black Lum's

skin

Image result for Burnt sienna

Sword-Art-Online-Alicization-War-of-Unde

I do not see what you're seeing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mochi said:

the villains are all brown people, the women do nothing, gay characters keep getting killed without doing anything useful

and both this show and code Lyoko are shows about people having themselves literally travel into a "technically real" virtual world filled with living A.I.

In case you haven't noticed, not everyone in the Dark Territory are all evil.  Some of them wanted peace.  The only real evil one besides Vecta that I can think of us Dee Eye Ell.  And Vecta is in fact Gabriel Miller who we know is a white American guy.

You are way off base with the women there.  Anyone watching the show can see that.

Everybody gets killed left and right and I wouldn't say the gay characters contributed nothing either.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

people were saying the same thing about the cloud nins in Naruto. "they're red, they're not supposed to be black".

like...c'mon my dude... .>_>

just because anime has a weak understanding of how brown skin is supposed to look doesn't mean that brown wasn't their intention.

reminder that the first black pokemon character had purplish Gray undertones to her skin
Image result for pokemon Lenora
whereas NOW the black characters have more HUMAN undertones
Image result for pokemon  Nessa

Edited by mochi
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

In case you haven't noticed, not everyone in the Dark Territory are all evil.  Some of them wanted peace.  The only real evil one besides Vecta that I can think of us Dee Eye Ell.  And Vecta is in fact Gabriel Miller who we know is a white American guy.

You are way off base with the women there.  Anyone watching the show can see that.

Everybody gets killed left and right and I wouldn't say the gay characters contributed nothing either.

people seems to thnk these issues being brought up is just people stirring up trouble. the simple acknowledgement of them is the first step to true understanding and equality. burying it or pretending it isn't there just exacerbates and prolongs the problems that would be over already if we talked bout them seriously.

not everyone in the dark territory is evil, but that brown skin is ment to reprsent the lowr, mostly evil, demi-humans is vry telling. if you can wath sword art online and not see how terribly sexist it is, i don't know what to tell you that is this series CHIEF problem. evryone gets killed left and right, except certain people make up the group that never or almost never survives. it' not arbitrary like you thikn it is. you say it's arbitrary because it's always been shown to yu as though it's the default.

mochi can be a bit forward, but when he brings these things up, he's right. at least 90% of the time.

• Thanks 1