UnevenEdge

HBO Boxing: Kovalev vs Ward

Mix

Kovalev is a machine, I can't really picture either of these guys losing, this one has the potential to be one of the best fights of all-time.

I knew Kovalev was the bigger fighter, but I didn't really appreciate it till I re-watched his fight with Hopkins...I always choose the technician over the power puncher in these match-ups because I prefer that style, but this thing is going to be something special if Ward pulls it off....

Great fight, thought Kovalev was dominating the first half but Ward was really settling in in the last quarter, I agree with the decision but at the same time couldn't really argue if someone had Kovalev ahead by a round or 2

I think Ward may have stolen a round or two in the first half, and I think Kovalev did the same in the second...

Man, those body punches paid dividends for Ward...what a warrior...

I think Ward may have stolen a round or two in the first half, and I think Kovalev did the same in the second...

Man, those body punches paid dividends for Ward...what a warrior...

Kovalev was doing a nice job in the first half of negating Ward's inside work by wrapping him up and leaning on him, but as the fight wore on he developed the bad habit of letting go of Ward before the ref broke them up.

• 7 years later...