UnevenEdge

Image Gallery

Okay, looks like I figured out how folks are uploading photos to the site. If you save the url for a photo you upload as your cover photo, then it remains even if you replace or remove it from your profile area. Not the same as being able to upload and have multiple photos at the same time, but that's all I was really trying to figure out how to do anyway, so if someone wants to close this, feel free.

1 hour ago, Admin_Raptorpat said:

When you go into your account settings, is there a button to access your attachments? That should be universal and if it isn't I'll have to fix it.

Is this feature similar to imgur where you can upload a bunch of things to post whenever?

2 hours ago, Admin_Raptorpat said:

When you go into your account settings, is there a button to access your attachments? That should be universal and if it isn't I'll have to fix it.

On the account settings page, no. There's a "My Attachments" link under the drop down list that's at the top of the page under my account name, but it just says "There's nothing here yet" and I don't see any way to add anything to it.

Pretty sure we've never had a "galley" per se where you can see things other people upload.....I've asked for such a thing before and KN shot it down.

As far as things acrchiving on your account thet you, yourself paosted.....I think I've seen that, but rarely am I looking for my own pics here that I have saved in my own files on my phone or comp.

The My Attachments page should list everything you've ever directly uploaded as an attachment: images, documents, videos.

On a post, you should have the ability to upload a file or insert other media. That second button under the paperclip will give you options to either insert an image from a URL or upload an existing attachment from your previous attachments.

I'm certain there used to be a gallery. It's been a long time now since I did anything with mine, so it may have gone away not long after the forum here was created after the AS board shut down for all I know, but I know there used to be one.

Admin_Raptopat, what I don't get is how you upload something as an attachment in the first place. Anyway, all I was really trying to figure out was if there was a way to directly upload a photo to the site that I could then link into a post without first having to upload it to an outside photo sharing site, and I figured out a way with the cover photo thing how to do that, so I'm good already.

Edited by Dark_Cloud_Overhead

15 minutes ago, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

Admin_Raptopat, what I don't get is how you upload something as an attachment in the first place.

Insert it into the message body and hit submit reply. It will then be under My Attachments.

• Thanks 1