UnevenEdge

Fire Force Episode 21 Discussion!!

7 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

We are going from super scientific Dr. Stone to...

He's using heat to control time and the universe!  Ok lol.

Well, actually, all energy is related. Besides, this show HAS been known to throw out a cool scientific phenomenon, such as freezing with fire!

Why in the hell are we not seeing THAT in this arc!? That would be SUPER-COOL, no pun intended! Maybe in Season 2?

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/fire-force/episode-21/.154449

3.5 stars--best review yet tonight! Now time for a midnight snack in Food Wars!

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Yup, looks mind conditioning/brainwashing or something with that shift, like Giovanni bragged

bccc8dc16476fc055b96520658a7e935566ca3fd

47b690405fd2178b66c71393cd3e04d3a43ac787

What do you mean?  She definitely seemed to break away from it at times, and took a liking to Vulcan while she was with him.  But then she started freaking out after Giovanni left her there, so I dunno.

42 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

What do you mean?  She definitely seemed to break away from it at times, and took a liking to Vulcan while she was with him.  But then she started freaking out after Giovanni left her there, so I dunno.

I mean the way her expression changed in that moment she was held by Vulcan again made me think her reactions to Giovanni are like mental conditioning or something like that that makes her cling to him, especially with Giovanni's boasting they'd never be able to reverse it despite us occasionally seeing Lisa's moments of doubt. Like a reaction drilled into her or something that made her freak out when he was leaving her.

Not to mention she still reacted this way despite him just before using her as a hostage even impaling her and then threatening to burn through her throat.

Edited by DangerMouse

6 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

I mean the way her expression changed in that moment she was held by Vulcan again made me think her reactions to Giovanni are like mental conditioning or something like that that makes her cling to him, especially with Giovanni's boasting they'd never be able to reverse it despite us occasionally seeing Lisa's moments of doubt. Like a reaction drilled into her or something that made her freak out when he was leaving her.

Yeah, it is some kind of Stockholm syndrome/brain-washing/conditioning etc.  I thought Lisa just felt indebted to Giovanni or something, or maybe scared of him, but after she freaked out about being left behind, even after he wrapped hot cable around her neck and stabbed her in the side and used her as a shield, there must be more to it than that.

It's unfortunate that rescuing her won't be so easy as just taking her back with them, it seems.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Yeah, it is some kind of Stockholm syndrome/brain-washing/conditioning etc.  I thought Lisa just felt indebted to Giovanni or something, or maybe scared of him, but after she freaked out about being left behind, even after he wrapped hot cable around her neck and stabbed her in the side and used her as a shield, there must be more to it than that.

It's unfortunate that rescuing her won't be so easy as just taking her back with them, it seems.

Yeah, exactly, that's been my thought progression too between back when she first turned and now this.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1