UnevenEdge

Fire Force Episode 19 Discussion!!

4 hours ago, AnimationFan14 said:

This Fire Force may have the breast ending of the night 

That second half was just straight-up blue balls to the wall action!

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/fire-force/episode-19/.153853

Rating: 4. Also, whomever cut that scene in episode 3 has totally redeemed themselves! I guess this time it actually played a role in the battle though! :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You seriously put Rekka in the bump, Demarco?!

And for the intro bump too! Why are you using OLD CLIPS, DeMarco? And of such an obnoxious and poorly written character! We've tried to forget about him!

Learned a bit more about the backstory of this world with this week's opening narration.

So you just made up this Nether place this episode and their base's location which is in this Nether place was determined off-screen. Ok.

Why is Obi pronouncing Licht's name like that?

The underground is forbidden by the church because the sun never touches it haha.

Uhh even after that explanation it still feels like the base was found too easily with poor explanation.

Why aren't they getting people like Benimaru, Hibana and Karim to help with this mission?

And earth quakes have been happening and more frequently apparently.

I wish I had a dream about Iris like that LOL.

Haha Shinra reacting to Iris in the matchbox.

Oh, so the church only let Company 8 go down there.

Again with the fakes crap? And fog? Now they're all separated? SIGH.

That is obviously a fake, Iris!

Tamaki tripped and all her clothes fell off?!

Assault is going after Tamaki and Iris?!

Maki afraid of being alone and glad they showed up and aren't ghosts LOL.

Uh Flail you know you have women on your team too?

Nice blocking of those flames and nice ass-kicking by Maki here. Using her own fists and feet, and the Tekkyo! That was awesome! And Flail is done!

"Temporarily a part of the 8th." We all know she's going to be a permanent member!

Shinra trolling Tamaki?

Nice dodging and blocking of those bullets by Tamaki. She also straight up tanked some! She's almost reached Assault... NOW LUCKY LECHER LURE HAPPENS?! And now they are beating him to a bloody pulp?! What was pixellated?

The rats LOL.

So much for Assault wiping out the entire 8th. :D

Yup don't think that battle would shut up Shinra LOL.

But Iris is depending on Tamaki. Aww.

Nice animation! And nice showing by the girls this ep!

Okay I just checked the episode on Funimation Now and nothing was edited from the Tamaki moments, and the pixelation was an intentional joke, like I suspected. I still want to know what was pixelated! Are those cartoon head lumps or spilled blood and brain matter?! Well, he was still groaning, so probably not beaten THAT badly. I will go with the former.

And I swear there was some meta stuff going on with the girls in this episode. We knew Maki is badass, but she hasn't got to do much in a while. So seeing her get upgrades from Vulcan and kick ass here was great. And she whooped a misogynist, to boot.

Fans have been critical of Tamaki's usage in the series. The endless Lucky Lecher Lure stuff and not having a good showing in fights. So here the author is like... okay I will give you a serious ass-kicking moment for Tamaki! Except he brought back Lucky Lecher Lure with a fury, and part of her victory even involved it! But I still thought it was funny and pretty great that Tamaki and Iris took out "THE SLAUGHTERER ASSAULT that was going to take out the whole company by himself!" like that. And Tamaki did have some good moves in the fight. It's better than before at least!

• Like 1

On 12/14/2019 at 11:37 PM, mochi said:

I've asked others but is the claim that it's gay true

because half I speak to say it's totally devoid of anything even slightly gay the others claim it's simular to Kill La Kill in basically casually implying the MC's like eachother 

(Y'know how Ryuko and Mako are confirmed to be going on a date post series)

also, um, didn't it turn out that Ryuko and Satsuki are sisters? like, full blooded sisters....?

• Thanks 1