UnevenEdge

Do you leave your socks on....

crackymckrackin

8 minutes ago, Vela said:

I've found that the full effect of the Canadian accent doesn't transfer over into media...but hearing it in person, especially when you're not expecting it?  It's like when a puppy is doing something adorable but is absolutely oblivious to how adorable it is and you're like how do you not know how adorable you are and it just looks at you like I'm just doing what puppies do.  At least that's the look the guy who was installing my internet in the upper peninsula gave me.  >.> Probably because when he was talking to me I was making the face of someone who was watching an adorable puppy be adorable >.>

Neither does the Yooper accent.  It was like living in Fargo when I was in Iron Mountain.

23 minutes ago, Vamped said:

The Canadian lady I talked to on the phone at work probably thought I was an ass hole because I could not stop laughing every time she said "eh?"  I was just like ... oh my god this is real 

I was trying to hold it in I swear, but then I snorted. 

shit ... I probably am an asshole

lolol, some things just can't be helped.

This is real, exactly.  We know they talk like that but we just haven't heard it often enough.  I feel like I've heard southern accents way more but I've never been to the South, perhaps through tv, so I don't know how I'd feel hearing it in person.

26 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

Neither does the Yooper accent.  It was like living in Fargo when I was in Iron Mountain.

The Yooper accent reminded me a lot of a Minnesotan accent, which I was told I can imitate pretty well.  Or I should say could.  It's obviously easier when you're surrounded by it.  I was also told that I don't sound like I'm from Jersey...but that's only because I'm not in my element...get me on the phone with my cousin and you'll hear it come out.

Just now, Vela said:

This is real, exactly.  We know they talk like that but we just haven't heard it often enough.  I feel like I've heard southern accents way more but I've never been to the South, perhaps through tv, so I don't know how I'd feel hearing it in person.

I dunno .... Im southern so my opinions on southern accents are skewed. There's a range of southern accents. I like some of them, some of them annoy the fuck out of me. Same with country music.

I dunno. Blake Shelton could probably talk me out of my granny panties though.

>.>

I dunno why ... but I would sit on that man's face in a heart beat

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Vamped said:

I dunno .... Im southern so my opinions on southern accents are skewed. There's a range of southern accents. I like some of them, some of them annoy the fuck out of me. Same with country music.

>.>

True, some are subtler than others.  There's also the twang vs. the drawl.  I think it's the twang that gets me in country music, not really my thing.  But slower stuff isn't so bad.

I feel that way about certain British actors 😃

3 hours ago, Vela said:

If you ever hung out in tinychat you would have heard mine.

7 hours ago, Azalar Hex said:

One of my socks disappeared when I fucked the washing machine lady.  I fully believe her vagina inhaled it somehow despite my feet not being anywhere near it.

lmao, I don't how I missed this one before.

20 hours ago, Vamped said:

>.>

As a lifelong Californian I'm not exposed to southern accents too much outside of TV and movies... The first time I heard Paula Deen open her mouth I decided then and there I will never set foot in the south.

I posted about that in IB and Southern IBers told me her accent is fake / exaggerated, so, eh...

1 minute ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

As a lifelong Californian I'm not exposed to southern accents too much outside of TV and movies... The first time I heard Paula Deen open her mouth I decided then and there I will never set foot in the south.

I posted about that in IB and Southern IBers told me her accent is fake / exaggerated, so, eh...

She exaggerates but like I said there's a spectrum