UnevenEdge

Gundam: The Origin Final Episode (13) Discussion

Those headlines flew by too fast.

Who is this father and daughter?

A "clean" war.  Well as clean as war can be I guess.

Revel knows it's foolish to try to talk peace with Zeon.

Why is Degwin so pissed off at Revel?

Who is that girl in the swimsuit?

Jeez I'll play in the water with her, you idiots!

• Like 1

Shame we didn't see the Gundam in action. The 6th OVA was the least rushed of any of them in the TV show, and we couldn't even squeeze THAT in?

The first half was totally awesome! This show did things that Gundam shows don't usually do, but then the 2nd half was just really great. And then the last episode, while establishing everything fine in the original series, just seemed somewhat "unfinished" itself.

My overall rating: 9/10.

Edited by OwlChemist81

For a "Gundam" title, this one kinda lacked much of a payoff.

Nah. I get that it was meant more as fan service for the original fans I guess. I always have trouble following these political intrigue plots. Too many names get involved. Too many threads to keep track of week to week. I'm not really sure I've managed to follow everything that happened here.

8 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

Nah. I get that it was meant more as fan service for the original fans I guess. I always have trouble following these political intrigue plots. Too many names get involved. Too many threads to keep track of week to week. I'm not really sure I've managed to follow everything that happened here.

I still had to watch every episode several times to get it, but that's OK.

I'd say this one had a slightly better payoff than Unicorn. I'm still not quite sure what the hell happened at the end of that show!

Edited by OwlChemist81

25 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

And that's why we should get a remake so we can pick up from their and see the main show in those production values.

It really is surprising there hasn't been a remake of the original series after all these years and all the different Gundam series that have been made.  But yeah, that might have been cool.  And maybe Amuro would be more tolerable to me lol.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Why is Degwin so pissed off at Revel?

If I remember correctly it basically comes down to after meeting with him in his cell last ep Degwin arranged for Revil's escape/release so that negotiations to stop the war could happen, since unlike Ghiren (and Kycilia's scheming) he wanted to stop at making the Federation take them seriously not wipe them out which they showed a while back when he was pissed at how far Ghiren and his blood-lust went with the colony drop and even compared him to Hitler. But instead Revil makes this speech calling for the Federation to intensify the fight in response to what they had already done with the colony drop. Revil instead when he finally gets in front of a microphone publicly pushing for the war to continue and effectively intensify is what got him pissed.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I still had to watch every episode several times to get it, but that's OK.

I'd say this one had a slightly better payoff than Unicorn. I'm still not quite sure what the hell happened at the end of that show!

Sure, it was a good payoff in that it adequately set itself up as a prequel. Just. Y'know. Not enough big finale gundam fights. Naturally because the gundams were still in production. But still. Not sure the mobile suit fights were quite as satisfying.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

It really is surprising there hasn't been a remake of the original series after all these years and all the different Gundam series that have been made.  But yeah, that might have been cool.  And maybe Amuro would be more tolerable to me lol.

Yeah, especially seeing how good Yamato 2199 turned out.

3 hours ago, rpgamer said:

It’s setup.  The problem is they never animated WHAT it was setting up, a remake of the original series.