UnevenEdge

Attack On Titan Episode #50 (313) Discussion!!

54 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

So apparently we've got a new rating system with this season.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/attack-on-titan/episode-50/.146241

Rating: 4 stars out of 5. I'll give 'em that the first half WAS kind of slow, but the 2nd half was FIRE!

Oh well, ON to TPN!

Even that first half had a great atmosphere though.

Building up with that excitement when we got to see them start coming into and surveying the city as the tension continued to build.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

That big wide shot with all the Titan explosions going off was amazing.

Amazing AND scary! What that means is there's a whole shitload of Titan shifters out there, I think!

I mean, that many initial transformations is hard to imagine!

• Like 1

Loved hearing Armin comment on how the enemy's vastly superior knowledge about the Titans and the Walls has given them such a huge advantage so far.

And how that made him think back on the time they saw the Titan in the Wall.

Another great Armin moment, and impressing Erwin again, plus him getting that command of a unit was really cool. As mentioned in the ANN review, Erwin fully acknowledging that Armin's strategic mind has been a huge secret weapon for them, he totally earned it.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

Loved them highlighting new versions of some of the especially classic tracks for this ep since they're returning to the place we all started this journey at.

Also big shout out to Levi yet again for that BADASS lightning quick strike on Reiner. Almost got him for good.

The wait until next week is going to be rough!

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, DangerMouse said:

Loved them highlighting new versions of some of the especially classic tracks for this ep since they're returning to the place we all started this journey at.

Also big shout out to Levi yet again for that BADASS lightning quick strike on Reiner. Almost got him for good.

The wait until next week is going to be rough!

Not that bad--hell, down to just 5 days and change now!

Okay watched the shows I missed while AEW Double or Nothing was on.

Awesome OP.  It's really epic.  Some parts sounded like the first one!

Anybody remember what was going on in the show?

So that's how the night Titans work.  New moon is a great idea!  Inuyasha should be careful too. :P

Okay, given what Hange just said about moonlight being light reflected from the sun...

Spoiler

I REALLY can't see how that Dyson sphere spoiler I read before season 1 premiered can be true.  Was that just a bullshit synopsis I came across?

So suspenseful! >_< I mean, even if Titans can't attack (as far as we know!), someone in human form could, or a wild animal!

Did Armin and Mikasa really believe Eren when he said he wasn't scared just now?

The world outside the walls... the sea. T__T

Yeah just leave the Titan sitting there.  Ok.

Putting Armin in command. :D

Did they really search every room of every house already?  Still, hiding in the walls it the last thing anyone would think of.

FUCK!

Reiner is still alive after that?!

Not just Reiner and Berthold, but the Beast Titan and a whole army of Titan shifters?!  Do they all have human intelligence?!

Beast Titan has a major troll face!

Todd Haberkorn is in this dub?  I figured after the Natsu gig was up that would be it for him and he'd be screwed.  I don't know who Marlo is, either.

6 hours ago, ben0119 said:

I don't know who Marlo is, either.

b49393ac39e9126fcd04bd814a2d7b15.jpg

MV5BMDIyNzNmNGQtYTI5Yi00YmYyLTg4MzktMzJk

And here's Marlowe and Hitch last season when they got tested for recruitment by Jean after Levi revealed to them the truth about what happened in the battle with the Female Titan/Annie back in the finale of the first season:

tumblr_pdd9qtF6h41tbp5fpo1_500.gif

This might help.

Marlowe was the naive guy we originally met late in S1 that we saw Annie had some respect for, when we finally got to see her in the Military Police, since his bluntly, passionate, straightforward and righteous attitude as well as him trying (though unsuccessfully) to confront those dirty higher up military police soldiers for selling military weapons, reminded her a lot of Eren.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 3

On 6/2/2019 at 4:05 AM, DangerMouse said:

b49393ac39e9126fcd04bd814a2d7b15.jpg

MV5BMDIyNzNmNGQtYTI5Yi00YmYyLTg4MzktMzJk

And here's Marlowe and Hitch last season when they got tested for recruitment by Jean after Levi revealed to them the truth about what happened in the battle with the Female Titan/Annie back in the finale of the first season:

tumblr_pdd9qtF6h41tbp5fpo1_500.gif

This might help.

Marlowe was the naive guy we originally met late in S1 that we saw Annie had some respect for, when we finally got to see her in the Military Police, since his bluntly, passionate, straightforward and righteous attitude as well as him trying (though unsuccessfully) to confront those dirty higher up military police soldiers for selling military weapons, reminded her a lot of Eren.

Oh ok yeah that guy.  Thanks.  And I was able to tell was Todd in the last episode.  Maybe laying low was Todd's best move.  But I bet he's mostly just reprising old roles and not getting any new ones.

What happened to the girl?