UnevenEdge

Is anyone else interested in seeing 'Brightburn'?

PowerKing

I know it's probably just going to be edgelord Superman, and probably suck (James Gunn's brothers concocted it so it's a serious case of nepotism).

Not to mention James Gunn is attached. And I can't in good conscience support anything he's involved with because he's a fucking weird paedophile edgelord.

The film does look interesting and fun, but I have serious misgivings about forking money over due to the fact that it's the passion project of the family members of a man who at best has a questionable sense of humor.

I want to see it but the description is annoying me. They keep saying “evil superhero”. 

THE WORD YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS SUPER VILLAIN 😤

but it’s parallel universe Superman. Crashes in Kansas from another planet lol the “what if” story no one asked for but I guess we need. 

On 4/11/2019 at 1:23 AM, Jman said:

I can’t really care about it when this sort of deconstruction has been done before.

At least it’s not Berserk like everyone thought it would be at first.

The.... The manga/anime Berserk?

Wut?

Was the kid supposed to be like Femto or something?

I never made that connection.

Can you explain why people were making the correlation?

4 hours ago, pail said:

The.... The manga/anime Berserk?

Wut?

Was the kid supposed to be like Femto or something?

I never made that connection.

Can you explain why people were making the correlation?

The logo that they were teasing the film with was confused by people as being the Brand of Sacrifice from Berserk...then people thought it was the symbol from a comic called Nameless.

1 hour ago, Jman said:

The logo that they were teasing the film with was confused by people as being the Brand of Sacrifice from Berserk...then people thought it was the symbol from a comic called Nameless.

Ohhhhh.

Okay. I guess I can see that.

Hadn't heard anything about that, though.

It's just edgelord Superman it looks like more and more.

Plus it kinda feels like it's Deadpool and Logan dickriding at this point.

Super h4rdc0r3 edgelord R rated superhero kids laser melting people's faces off.

James Gunn's brothers are hack frauds.

Seriously.

The premise sounds like something a Gothed Topic tween would fingerfart out on some shitty fanfiction website with a black background and some sort of raven/curly font motif.

I saw the trailer a while ago, and the Superman comparison feels like a gimmick to hide its similarities with other supernatural horror stories. Like if Carrie wasn’t bullied all her life and was raised by Ma and Pa Kent, she’d be using her powers like a superhero too. Same thing with a lot of horror movies where a kid is fucking people up with telekinesis or pyrokinesis. It cheapens the deal for this movie when the only thing that separates it from these “child from hell” movies is that there’s laser sight and frozen breath instead of mind powers.