UnevenEdge

Ever notice when you go to court...

Zenigundam

How everybody looks at you like you're crazy and a criminal? I felt those stares when I went to that restraining order hearing a few years back. While in the waiting room waiting for the court to open, I spoke to other people accused of "domestic violence", and I had to explain to them how it was all a misunderstanding and overreaction, and that my being there was a mistake.

I used to go to the courthouse a bunch to meet with clients because they were getting divorced and had to work out their mortgage situation. Saw a lot of attorney clients and they always gave me shit for being there like I did something, and I would always tell them the same thing, "Listen, if I am here and not making money..... You would have seen that shit on the news in the morning news..... bodies everywhere." Not sure if they ever took me seriously, but they will... YOU ALL WILL!

When I worked in the ER, I used to wind up in court about once a month. After a year or two, nobody looked at me like I was crazy, they just pointed me to the coffee pot and a comfortable chair. It would have been OK, except that I'd have to pay a baby sitter so that I could go hang out for an hour or so just to spend five minutes testifying.