UnevenEdge

Naruto Shippuden Episode 226 Discussion

StarPanda

14 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Congrats.

Why couldn't Kishimoto come up with a better animal for Naruto than a toad?  He looks silly with toad eyes, not badass.  No one is scared of toads!

the orange eyeshadow doesn't help

also they look more like Goat eyes than toad eyes

58d958c2112f701b008b72c8-960-720.jpg

image.png.7643c930c8df0e0d186f3e1f8e9698df.png

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, rpgamer said:

Much as I disliked One Piece, I'd probably take it over this filler.

I've begun disliking it now that I've realized how homophobic it is

tumblr_inline_pi072ruV3k1uocxn7_540.png

(this is what ALL the gay men in the world of One Piece look like, there's literally no exceptions, and they're all rapists who want to "convert" all the men they meet)

This OP... Oh man don't you feel so bad for these three friends that have been torn apart and want to see Naruto try to save Sasuke from himself?  No, no, I don't.

Paper bomb cannonballs... umm real bombs do exist, or did.  Stupid filler.

That guy is straight out of One Piece.  Well, maybe more "realistic," and the face paint marks him as a Naruto-y possibly ninja pirate character.  Sounds like something a little kid would come up with.

Give me back that straw hat, I mean headband!

24 minutes ago, mochi said:

I've begun disliking it now that I've realized how homophobic it is

tumblr_inline_pi072ruV3k1uocxn7_540.png

(this is what ALL the gay men in the world of One Piece look like, there's literally no exceptions, and they're all rapists who want to "convert" all the men they meet)

It's a shame since One Piece had such a good track record before then.  I mean, Don Flamingo was fine as a character and not so over-the-top and gross looking, and it was never stated he was gay during the Alabasta Arc, nor was homosexuality every directly referenced, perhaps for the better if this was Oda's idea of how to portray it.  What's more, those characters are just straight up fucking annoying.

It reminds me of those old racist cartoons of black people.  Some of those artists at the time were racist and using black people as jokes, but sadly others were well-intended and thought they were being progressive and inclusie, and I think the latter is the case here with Oda.  You wouldn't have One Piece fanboys defending this if it were black people being depicted like this instead of gay people.

Edited by ben0119

8 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Heh, The Meg was surprisingly fun.

Wanted to see it but didn't get around to it.  Anyone know if it's based off that Meg book?  Font looks similar and it is also about a Megalodon.  Got it at a thrift store but never got around to reading it and now I don't know where it is!  I can see why they would add the "The" though. :D Sounds too much like is referring to a girl's name the other way, maybe the one from Family Guy  :D

49 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Wanted to see it but didn't get around to it.  Anyone know if it's based off that Meg book?  Font looks similar and it is also about a Megalodon.  Got it at a thrift store but never got around to reading it and now I don't know where it is!  I can see why they would add the "The" though. :D Sounds too much like is referring to a girl's name the other way, maybe the one from Family Guy  :D

I haven't seen/read the book so I don't know if it's the same or related.

LOL yeah.