UnevenEdge

Naruto Shippuden Episode 225 Discussion

StarPanda

What the hell is this art style?  Oh it's a story haha.

Maritime laws.  So this world isn't completely lawless.  Also nice to see the ocean actually exists, and see more of the world.  Could have sworn Land of Fire or whatever was landlocked though.  I still haven't gone back and watched the episode I missed the other week.  Maybe it was explained then.

A musically inclined ship cleaner?

3 hours ago, Daos said:

I still don't understand this..... was early Naruto so good that people were actually willing to stick things out at this point?

season 1 was alright, everything past that is wretched

much like Inuyasha

7 minutes ago, Daos said:

I still don't understand this..... was early Naruto so good that people were actually willing to stick things out at this point?

It was good but upon re-watching not as good as I remember.  And after Sasuke wasn't brought back after one arc and it was clear one of the series end goals would be to "rescue" him, the writing was on the wall with that shitty story direction.  Doesn't help that their friendship wasn't believable and Sasuke was always an asshole so you feel no empathy or sympathy for him or for Naruto to bring him to senses whatsoever.  The relationship comes off like Naruto lost his shit because some guy he was friendly with at work transferred somewhere else.  It would make more sense if they were gay. :D

Everything after the time skip is mostly horrible, with a few good moments and arcs.  But again, the always looming specter of GOTTA SAVE SASUKE FROM HIMSELF.

I'm only watching because Toonami is airing it and to see if it continues to live up to the horror stories I've heard, mostly for train wreck and riffing purposes.:D Some good characters trapped in a bad show though. ; ;