UnevenEdge

Sword Art Online III: Alicization Anime Discussion Thread

ben0119

48 minutes!  It's like a mini-movie!  Woo!  I take it just the first episode is like this?

Show looks really pretty.

Aww, cute little ragamuffin Kirito!

Tickle wars!

That guy looks like a blonde Kirito, except his hair is softer and not as straight and spikey as Kirito's.

Alice... in Wonderland, perhaps?  Yep!

Why do they have to chop down this stupid tree?

Yeah I don't think it's a good idea to go to this cave.  Just to make food last longer?

Why do they keep drawing an S?

They really don't want anyone going out of bounds in this game.  Just wall off the cave!

Cool light power.

The dragon is dead?  Looks smaller than the one in the story, as does the treasure pile.

So it was a guardian dragon.  Wonder if an "Integrity" Knight was responsible, like they said.

Eugao didn't try to pick up the sword.  This could be like an Excalibur situation.

NOOOOO SHE TOUCHED THE DARK TERRITORY!

Okay that thing gray featureless head thing was creepy as fuck.

Wow, turned over his daughter just like that.

Kirito stopped by some sort of energy from the knight?

Why is Alice smiling now?

Not so sure the Forces of Darkness are the bad guys and the "Integrity" Knights are the good guys in this situation, regardless of naming and seeming elemental affinity.

Woke up, Kirito was full-diving.

Cool, Sinon is still playing GGO, and everyone else is joining in.  Loving everyone's GGO look, especially Asuna.  Kirito still has his stupid Girlito avatar, though.

Silica with the machine gun! :D

So are these guys soldiers training, like the ones in GGO Alternative?  Or... wait, red eye... is that the other Death Gun brother?

Those girls playing pool were cute.

Shino still looking cute.

Kirito has lost weight and is short of sleep.  Just because his heart rate is okay doesn't mean this isn't affecting him negatively.  Not so sure he should keep doing this job.

Kikouka was the guy investigating Death Gun, right?  So is he asking Kirito to investigate this shady-seeming company, or just said here's a job opportunity?  Kirito said to be on guard around him but he didn't seem so bad to me.

Shino-non?  I haven't heard that honorific before.  What's that all about?

Why does she give a shit about Shinkawa?  The guy was a creep.  She knows he was just pretending to be her friend as a front, right?  He liked her because she killed a guy.

Somehow I think there's more important things to be concerned about than the next Bullet of Bullets tournament.

Asuna watching Kirito's heart beat.  I agree with Shino, that's kind of weird...

Yup yup yup naming her Alice was no coincidence.  This is relating to Alice in Wonderland.

Augma?  Are they referencing Ordinal Scale?  Still haven't gotten around to watching that.

Why do they keep saying things in English, like Dark Territory, and Soul Translator?

Wow, that was a LOT of technobabble.  I'm not even sure Data could follow all of that.  Was what Kirito said about the brain anywhere close to correct?  I know I've never heard the thing about dreams that feel like hours were only a few minutes, before.

Full-dive tech is more advanced in America.  And Kirito wants to move there!  Isn't that where his dad, well, technically his uncle and Suguha's dad, I think, is working?  Ahh, the ever not present off-screen anime parents!  "I can't live without you, Asuna!"  Nice hug and kiss.  So she'll go with him.  

So the show is admitting we didn't get the full motivation and explanation for Kayaba, and we may yet still learn it.  But Kirito thinks he would be continue to be manipulated by Kayaba if he went solely down that path, and he's probably right.

Wait wait, the other Death Gun brother?  So this is the real him.  Kirito and Asuna really need to get body guards!  And probably Shino, too!  GAH YOU END IT THERE!  EVIL CLIFFHANGER!

So, it looks like we won't just be dealing with Rath, Underworld, and Alice, but Death Gun, as well.  Interesting.  Can't say I expected that.  This should be good.  Can't wait for next week!

Episode 2 -

So after getting knocked out by Johnny Black, Kirito is back in the Underworld?  Was he taken to the facility where the machine is?  Why not just a regular hospital?  And what happened with Johnny Black?  Did he just run off?  Is Asuna safe?

This looks more realistic than the past game worlds?  I guess it does to the characters, because I'm not seeing much difference.  Even though this show is really pretty, does it look better than the past seasons?

Interesting, so normally, Kirito doesn't remember his real life while in the Underworld, which seemed apparent in the first episode.  But now he can't remember what he did in this world, either.

There's Eugeo, 17 now, which I think is still how old Kirito is, and he doesn't seem to remember Kirito, either.  Though, both seem to have slight hints of the past.

Kirito actually considered this to be an alternate world, based on the realism.  Pretty sure that's a bigger leap than it just being a really realistic game world.  Hell, he could have been spirited away to some Amish-type community. or one of those tourist towns where people live and reenact living in the 1700s or whatever time period here they just NEVER break character. :Dhttps://www.colonialwilliamsburg.com/

They never get ANY travelers?  What the hell.

What kind of bakery doesn't start baking until noon?  I thought they started early in the morning.  Unless Eugeo leaves so early they haven't even started baking yet?  Ehh...

Vecta huh?  That sounds like an awfully specific name.  I'm not sure the villagers just made up this spirit on their own.

Can't travel because it's against the Taboo Index.  Well, damn.  I do hope Alice is still alive, though.  OP kinds of gives that away, of course. :P Plus, that would just be too messed up and heartbreaking, even for this show.  Sachi and Yuuki were bad enough!

Unless that's a typo, the tree has been taken down by over 100,000 durability in the past 300 years.  Not bad?  I feel like there should be more physical damage than that for that many points removed, though.

So that's why they're chopping down the tree.  It's taking all of Terraria's blessings and preventing them from expanding their wheat fields?  Terraria sounds like an Earth-based diety.  So, it's like when you have a big plant sucking up all the nutrients from everything around it, but there seems to be some magic going on here, because even a tree that large wouldn't have that kind of widespread affect on the countryside.

What does think in terms of your avatar instead of your physical body mean, exactly?  I thought these games were supposed to be realistic, and this world especially so?

No damage, and he missed.  Second time he hits, and slight indentation, but still off the mark.  Kirito, you missed the cut area twice.  Hope you got it right with the rest of the swings, or what you did was REALLY pointless.

Dragonbone Axe, so it's pretty powerful I take it, and it still is taking forever chop down that tree.

No need to lock up because no one would steal it, because that's against the Taboo Index.  Chilling.

Hmm but chopping down that tree DOES seem futile.  This guy is an ass but he has a point.

A sword skill, in this world?  Kirito did well there.  Hmm.

Why is a little girl a nun?  Well, they made Eugeo chop away at that stupid tree.  I guess they're ok with child labor in this world.  Still, child nun... seems more inappropiate.

They're the copies of souls of newborns that were raised in this world.  What?  What and WHAT?  How do you even... look... it was quite a lot to take in last week, but how the hell do you copy someone's soul?  Is this like the copy Kayaba made of himself?  But, that wasn't this tech.  So confusing. x_x

A naked blue-haired girl in a tower.  Ok.  And she smiled.  Not sure what she will have to do with anything.

Nice ED.  Not quite sure if that's the usual ED sequence or this is happening in the episode?  Looks it could've been at first, but transitioned to more ED-y stuff.  Hmm.

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 3 -

You mean to tell me these assholes programmed a plague into this world?

So they do have child nuns, and they learn sacred arts, basically magic.

When Eugeo said that not just anyone can use such high level sacred arts, because they use more sacred power, is that because they don't want that energy getting used up and only qualified people are cleared to use those spells, or simply the difficulty of using the spells?  Also looks like I was right that Terreria is an Earth-based deity, and Solus is likely the Sun-based deity.

THAT FUCKING TREE.

So it's not quite an Excalibur situation.  The sword just plain heavy to everyone, including Eugeo.  But, it seems to prefer Eugeo to Kirito?

You MISSED again, Kirito, and got thrown back this time, haha.

"Authority," Kirito's is lower than the sword.  Hmm.

Nice swordsmanship pointers Kirito is giving to Eugeo here.

"Integrity" Knights letting goblins run wild?  Hmm.

Uhh, if you keep panning the camera further, you're going to reveal Kirito's package.

Yes trying to inhibit AI always backfires.  Maybe someone is getting some sick pleasure out of having this Taboo Index being in Underworld.

Eugeo hasn't smiled since Alice was taken away. T__T

Selka is her own person and it's not her fault that Alice is gone. T__T

So Selka left her own room, and Kirito didn't think anything of that?  Or was she waiting in his room?  Well, surely when she said she wouldn't wake him up anymore, and her thinking about the End Mountains?

YOU AND YOUR BIG MOUTH, KIRITO.  What did you THINK would happen?

Eugeo is a good tracker, it turns out.

System Call, but to Eugeo it's just a command for using a spell.  Still, you think the programmers would have used different commands than that.  Maybe they think there's no way anyone who only knew Underworld would ever figure out it's a virtual world.

So there are goblins after all.  But these are in the ice cave to the north.  I thought Eugeo said they were to the south?  Maybe they caught Selka on the road.

The goblins speak?!  Can't say I expected that.  And they're super creepy!  Selling girls and eating boys!

What did they call them, White Iums?  So Iums are humans, and do they consider Kirito and Eugeo white?  But Kirito is Asian.  He is light-skinned though.  Maybe such distinctions don't matter to goblins, or there aren't Asians in Underworld.  Yeah I'm probably reading way too much into this, but still.

Ah hell, Eugeo froze up.  But they have no weapons anyway!

I like the sound of next ep's title.  Let's finally get out of this one horse town!

3 hours ago, CAC said:

It's been interesting so far, I'm waiting for him to figure more things out. It's a bit slow so far but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Yeah, it's been a good build, good mystery so far.  And I like Eugeo and Kirito's interactions with him.

• Like 1

Episode 4 -

Gotta snap out of it, Eugeo.

What a plan, Kirito, but there's still a ton of them.

Wow, this battle is beautifully animated.

Kirito managed to chop his arm off, but the boss goblin still got the better of him.

Pain way worse than any virtual world.

Saved by Eugeo, but Eugeo just took a mortal gash to the stomach.

That's right, Selka should know some healing arts, right?  A spell to transfer life force, since she doesn't know higher conventional healing spells.  It seems to be working.  Eh, was that Alice?

He recovered quickly.  Well, it is a virtual world, and magic was used.

So Eugeo does remember saying that.  Damn it Kirito!  Don't tell him everything else but that!  And who the hell imagines hearing voices?

They got some experience from goblin fight so they can use the sword now. :)

Wow, took a big chunk out of the tree that time.

Aincrad Style. :)

Eugeo wants to be a swordsman.  And now, a training montage. :) Shonen, take lessons!  This need not take dozens of episodes!

YAY THE DAMN TREE IS FINALLY FELLED!

That food looks good.

Yes, but what good did it do Selka to go into that cave, Kirito?  It's impressive she did that, but look what it caused.

With his Calling finished, Eugeo can choose a new one, swordsman, he can go to the central city, and there's nothing the "Integrity" Knights can say about it!

Eugeo will bring your sister back, Selka. T__T

Destined to meet, eh?

I wonder what Kirito's sword is.

Time to leave.  But that storm...

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 5 -

Did the art style change for this flashback of the battle with Laughing Coffin?  Or is just that Kirito and Asuna were younger here?

Ah, so we FINALLY get to see what happened in the real world after Kirito got attacked by Johnny Black.  But wait, what happened to Johnny Black?  Surely Asuna called the cops?  I don't think he was K.O.d by an umbrella to the leg.  Maybe incapacitated?  Even still...

Suguha's mom and Kirito's aunt.  Haven't seen her in forever lol.  Good ole off screen anime parents!

Kirito's actual parents?  I thought they died in a car accident or something?  Or am I thinking of someone else?

I never thought Kikuoka seemed shady before.  He seemed to be a good guy.  But maybe I'm wrong.  At the end of the episode, in that kimono, he looks an awful lot like Aizen in casual wear! :D

Sylvain?  Is that in ALO?  I guess, since Sinon and Silica are catgirls.  Still don't like Asuna with turquoise hair.

Cool, that Google Glass whatever thingy, let's them see Yui.  Did Kirito make this between seasons or something?

For a minute there I thought we had an invisible building on our hands like in The Shadow!  Well, it would be using holograms in this case, to cloak it, but still, haha.

Shigemura, the guy that made Augma, I presume that's another Ordinal Scale tie-in.  So, it's canon, to the anime, at least?  And I think I read that Reki wrote the story for it?  Still haven't gotten around to watching it.  Just sayin', I'm pretty sure Kayaba and Rinko should be more prominent in this photo!

"America California State" :D You could have subbed that better, Aniplex!

So, Kayaba's girlfriend, the lady that took care of him while he was full-diving, and developed the Medicuboid Yuuki used, now works in the U.S., and Asuna is going to get ahold of her.  Didn't expect we would meet her, but I guess it makes sense, with the bread crumbs that were laid in Mother's Rosario, that we would.  I'm just glad she seems to be helping and doesn't seem to be a bad person, from what we can tell so far.

So that's the Ocean Turtle... always be wary of shady operations on ocean platforms.  Metal Gear Solid 2 and The Abyss come to mind.  Ok, it was good intentions in The Abyss, but still...

Okay yeah that's definitely Asuna in disguise... yep, lol.  I didn't expect her to reveal herself right away, haha.

So they're watching what's going on in Underworld... sick fucks.

Got through their security like nothing.  It's a good thing Yui isn't evil.

KIKUOKA YOU FIEND!

AAHHH YOU END IT THERE!  ANOTHER EVIL CLIFFHANGER!  I bet we're getting a mega reveal next time though, given the title of the next episode is Project Alicization.

Edited by ben0119

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/31/2018 at 2:18 PM, mochi said:

all of a sudden a ton of Ugeo X Kirito art is flooding my twitter feed........did something happen or is it just typical fan shipping?

Nothing has happened in particular that I can think of.  Eugeo is definitely straight.  I will say not much effort at all needs to be made for any potential fanart or fanfics shipping the two, though, lol.

Edited by ben0119

Finally got caught up the past few weeks but didn't get around to posting.

Ep 6 -

You're really going to believe him so easily?

I don't trust that Aizen-looking fuck.

And the AI already destroyed itself.

You're monsters, playing god like that. 

So wait, was Higa's friend Korean, or Japanese?  Either way, someone from one of those 2 countries died in a war?  Wtf has happened in this world?

So, it's not that obeying the law so perfectly made the Fluctlights not realistic enough AIs, it's that he needs them to able to kill.

You're right, Asuna, and of course Kikuoka doesn't care about the Fluctlights' rights.

The Axiom Church "corrected" Alice.  Scary.  At least she wasn't killed.  But we can guess that by the promotional artwork, OP, and ED. ;)

Maybe they should have thought about that before they sped up time in the world, and maybe they should slow it back down now.

So this is going to heal Kirito...

So her name happens to be the same as the project.  And man, 80s cartoon and toy lines would be proud of that forced acronym! :D

And does this all mean Yui isn't a "true" artificial intelligence? D:

Asuna brought an Amusphere with her, and they let her use it?  So much for top secret!  Well, guess the cat is already out of the bag anyway.

Really, it's THAT nurse again?  And she was a military nurse all along.  Of course.

Sooo did the other Death Gun just get away after attacking Kirito, or what?

Lol, Kayaba all emaciated and had his own IV set up.  Just goes back to playing SAO LOL.

Hmm, would killing Kayaba release everyone though?  Well, I guess since he was the true final boss, and beating him did beat the game.

The best years of your life?  Come on, Asuna.  I'm sure you have better years ahead of you with Kirito NOT locked up in a death game.  I can see not holding a grudge, because hate could consume you, but come on.

What did you and Kirito do?  Kill some player killers in self-defense?  I mean, what?

A dream, I hope.  There's no way AI Kayaba broke into the real world, much less her head?!

Ep 7 -

Augh.  A 2 year time skip, really?

Well, maybe it's ok if it was just skipping a training arc.  And I suppose they wouldn't make it to Alice so quickly and easily.

Kirito likes to sleep in, just like me.

Eugeo looks good in that uniform.

So that's how Underground's system works.  And willpower plays a role.

Haha tripping over themselves over Lienna.  Don't forget about Asuna and Alice you guys!

Golgorosso.  Rolls right off the tongue.

Lol those guys so buttmad over Kirito and Eugeo.

Volo looks creepy, but not as much as that blonde guy that looks like he'd be good friends with the Laughing Coffin guy and Oberon.

Kirito developing a green thumb in Underworld.

Don't be so self doubting and hard on yourself, Eugeo.

Make a strong sword from this guy in the capital from this strongest limb from the Gigas Tree.  Like something right out of a videogame haha.

That's different from the sword in Aincrad right?  Looks kinda like the Blue Rose Sword, but darker.

So, isn't Eugeo also technically breaking the rules of the Taboo Index?  And Volo too. 

So he won't be sparring with Liena after all?  Well, hurry up and get Kirito's punishment over with!  Gah, cliffhanger!

Ep 8 -

Now that I see it's in the OP, Kirito's sword doesn't resemble the Blue Rose Sword as much as I thought, after all.

It's not blackened from tarnish, dumbasses.  It's not even black but dark blue, and is obviously shiny.

I think you spend too much time polishing YOUR sword, Humbert.

So Kirito will show what he can do for Liena, but not against her, in a battle with Volo.

Oh that was just his sheath.  I was gonna

The power of Volo's imagination, his whole family history backing him.  Sword powered by the blood of his opponents though, I don't like the sound of that.

But Kirito has all his friends, and most of all, Asuna, backing him.

His sword grew... come on.  And it even looks silly like that.  Reki... really?

I knew as soon as we saw those flowers that would be getting stomped on.  Well, went at with a trowel, close enough.

A mysterious voice taught Kirito some Sacred Arts?  Flowers healed.
Now that I see it's in the OP, Kirito's sword doesn't resemble the Blue Rose Sword as much as I thought, after all.

Maybe Kirito could really show Liena his stuff if he could DUAL WIELD.

It's not blackened from tarnish, dumbasses.  And it's not even black, but dark blue, and is obviously shiny.

I think you spend too much time polishing YOUR sword, Humbert.

So Kirito will show what he can do for Liena, but not against her, in a battle with Volo.  Wanted to see it between them.  Oh well.

Oh that was just his sheath.  I was gonna say, Volo's sword looks weak and basic as fuck, haha.

But Volo already saw you use that move in the forest, Kirito.  Didn't he?

Does it still count as a combo if the strikes don't come in quick succession?

The power of Volo's imagination, his whole family history backing him.  Sword powered by the blood of his opponents though, I don't like the sound of that.

But Kirito has all his friends, and most of all, Asuna, backing him.

His sword grew... come on.  And it even looks silly like that.  Reki... really?

Kirito cutting Volo's uniform doesn't count as a hit?  What?

More noble douche bags.  We've gotten enough of them in Black Clover.

I knew as soon as we saw those flowers that they would be getting stomped on.  Well, went at with a trowel, close enough.

A mysterious voice taught Kirito some Sacred Arts?  Flowers healed.

Eugeo and Golgorosso can't hold their liquor hahaha.

Wait, Liena's family is banned from using that sword style and passing down their style, so they can't pass down their skills and everyone has to make up their own style, or they couldn't pass down that Norking style and had to make up a new family style?  Because I mean, wouldn't her teaching of Kirito be considered passing on her sword style?

Also you would think that having your own style instead of the traditional ones everyone knows about would be an ADVANTAGE! 

Yay Liena broke Volo's sword and beat him!

After all that fuss over the flowers you pick them?  You should have given her the flower pot.  Well, guess the roots are still there, and she might not be able to know how to grow those flowers in this climate.

Kirito ever the mischevous. 

Of course their pages are two cute girls.

Is it just me, or does Ms. Hall Monitor look  like Kayaba's gf?  And these two look like they could be Silica and Lizbeth.  Liena seems like she could be Asuna.  Are some of these Fluctlights really people from the real world in disguise?  Naaaah.  For one thing, there's no way Asuna could resist mackin' on Kirito for a year, or Kirito not be able to figure out it's Asuna.

LOL Golgorosso never even got a line.

Ep 9 -

I don't see any way how this could have gone well.  If Eugeo turned down the sparring session they'd probably take offense to that too.

Why is Tiese blushing during this convo?

Thought that was the fox making that noise but it was Kirito lol.

Another anime where nobles are assholes.  There's Black Clover, One Piece, Attack on Titan, Bleach, I guess, what else?

I thought the blonde guy was Humbert.  Well, either way, they're both creeps.

Pretty sure stay cool isn't meant as a farewell.  And why did Kirito say it in English?

Doing shitty things without violating the law, getting away with as much as they can, sounds very human, and Kikuoka's project is succeeding more than he thinks.  Ugh.

Inappropriate orders for a female page.  Oh good.  I don't like where this is headed.

Those two douche bags chilling in robes.  Raios may not be the perpetrator, but he's definitely allowing, defending, and maybe even encouraging such behavior.

HOW is that not against the Taboo Index or the school rules?  With as strict as everything else is?!

Giving him massages in the bath in her underwear.  It could be a lot worse.  And yep, that's what we've come to.  Guess I spoke too soon when I said Alicization was largely devoid of bad SAO-isms!  Damn it Reki!

Arranged marriages.  Ouch.  Wait, marry her so she doesn't risk getting stuck with some creep?  I assume it wouldn't be a real marriage, but just one to help her out.  Because I'm pretty sure Eugeo thinks of Alice as more than just a close childhood friend.  But, Tiese doesn't actually like like Eugeo right?  She just appreciates him because he's not an asshole? 

Why is that bed so long?

I get the idea that "Frenica" is actually Tiese... Wait, she's not his page.  Maybe not.

Ep 10 -

Yeah Frenica is a different girl.

No Pancho or anything?  Surely they have some sort of rain proof stuff in this time?

What is that?  Insense?  Oil?

Yeah I was right that Raios is just as much a sicko as Humbert, if not worse.

With a tongue like a Orichimaru, this guy could be ole Slugsworth's brother (Oberon)!

Hahaha flying into the bed like that, like an evil version of Lupin.  FFS.

OK that escalated REALLY quickly.  I didn't think it would turn out like this.  The 2 girls tied up, about to be raped, Eugeo chops the one guy's arm off, the Kirito chops the other guy's hands off!  Those girls are going to be traumatized for life!

LOL I need a screen cap or gif of Raios when he's fighting Kirito and his face gets all ugly when they clash swords.

Raios didn't even die from blood loss.  His AI got fried by having to choose between Taboo Index and his own life.  Presumably it's against the Index to commit suicide which is why Humbert said he couldn't give him the rope?  He said his life would decrease and that's it's against the Index.!

Ok, so I hope the Taboo Index violation was committing murder, and not Eugeo stepping in and stopping the rape.  There's no way that "punishment" can be considered valid, when son much as petty theft never even happens for fear of violating the Taboo Index.  But, Eugeo's eye did explode apparently, because he went against the programming.  *sigh*

Ok, so, the whole thing of there's some things that aren't against the law which you still shouldn't do, and some things that are against the law that you should do, AIs bending the law and still doing evil acts etc etc, surely there were better ways to go about it than this?!  Like, maybe killing in self-defense, WITHOUT the whole rapey part?

For all the light novel readers that were extolling the virtues of this arc, saying this is the best arc of SAO, or the people that even went so far as to say that this is the ONLY good arc of SAO, I wonder they have to say about this.

Uhh, if you are trying to make this world immsersive and real to the AIs, maybe DON'T have the evil head pop up and make note of Taboo Index violations?  Ok, they don't have any idea about videogames or virtual worlds, but that is definitely not something they're accustomed to seeing.  What is the purpose of that?  Why does it need to be visible to the AIs?

Not sure what not letting the girls hear it is going to do.  They already saw it, didn't they?

Healed his eye.  And... what she's saying, is Azurica (keep thinking her name is Amurica, lol) a Rath developer or someone else from the real world?

So, they don't come to Alice.  She comes to them.  Her hair looks like a sword, lol.

Edited by ben0119

Ep 11

Who is that idol-looking girl on the Times Square-style screens in the OP?

Eh, did she recognize or remember Eugeo, or was just shocked a criminal would try to approach her like that?  Couldn't tell.

So these Integrity Knights, Alice included, are Judge, Jury, and Executioner.  That's nice.

Of course she lets them have their swords back, even if they don't get to carry them, still... lol.

How the hell are you going to rescue him, girl?

Ronie, the undeveloped friend.  But Kirito gets lunch at least.

And where is Liena in all this?

Lol do they have to be carried hanging in chains like this?

So this guy just made a robot in his spare time.  Asuna's reaction hahaha.

Oh of course.  For some reason I thought maybe the Fluctlights might be waging some kind of cyberwar, or maybe controlling vehicles and weapons remotely or directly, no, they're going to have robotic bodies.  And not sure I want to know what Niemon looks like.

Those two guys... and that one guy's smile, don't tell me, Raios and Humbert were Rath devs?  I'm sure they justified it in their minds as "it's ok to rape Fluctlights, they aren't real people."  FFS.

I want to know why the windows stop halfway up the tower.

So I guess Kirito told Eugeo about the voice during the time skip.  I don't think we heard that much before either, did we?

Hm, Alice lost her memories?  Or maybe she's really dedicated to her job?  Not sure.  Why was she made into an Integrity  Knight instead of executed anyway?

I'm surprised Eugeo suggested escaping first.  He's getting used to this heh.

The door, or the hinges at least, are apparently weaker than the chains.  Ok.  And good thing that guard is a heavy sleeper.  Guess they don't expect anyone would dare try to escape (even though they would have already violated the dreaded Taboo Index to end up there in the first place.)

THANKYOU Kirito.  Yes, no more feeling conflicted over every little action.

How the hell do you think you're going to just go back to the village?  The whole Axiom Church is going to be after you!

So what do the roses being here mean?

LOL Kirito and Eugeo just had a boss encounter.

Memories erased, maybe, but this guy still has a personality and isn't some automaton.

Ep 12 -

Interesting that Alice expected they might break out.

So, this guy has definitely had his memories altered, and possibly Alice as well.  But they almost saved him!

Of course Cardinal is a cute little girl.  Makes me think she is Yui's sister in a way.

So, I have to wonder if Kikuoka knew about the unethical developer, and wanted him to act that way so there would be those kind of people in the world, ones who might eventually break the Taboo Index.  Or was he rogue?

Ok so how did Kikuoka not notice Quinella's shenanigans?  Surely what she was doing must have been of interest to him?  Then again she is trying to create order, not disrupt it.  And Cardinal did say that maybe Quinella was able to access the command list with help from the outside.

Hunting and murder forbidden.  Not because murder is wrong, but because Quinella doesn't want anyone to reach her level.  You level up with every kill.  And somehow Raios knew if he beheaded Eugeo it would raise his level.  But, this means that everyone in this world are vegetarians?  Because if hunting was outlawed, could you still raise your level by slaughtering livestock?

Ep 13 -

Of course Rath knows what Quinella is doing.  How could they not?  They want the people of this world to suffer, that they will rebel against the Axiom Church and surely they will be forced to kill each other in the process.  I'm not sure the point of having an invasion from the Land of Darkness will serve though. 

So, I wonder if the unethical dev, if that was just his personality, or he put on an act so the world would turn out this way.

And if it's all just monsters that live there, who was it that the Integrity Knight killed that Alice ended up trespassing over?

Dumb bitch got rid of the guardian dragons.

So, the naked girl in the OP is Quinella.  She seems drawn differently there though, or maybe it's my imagination.

Regained the beauty of her late teens?  Maybe it would have been better if you at least said early twenties???

Cardinal, is the Sub, Quinella is the Main.  "I will correct the errors of this woman."  Heh.

Why is Cardinal stuck as a little girl though?  Is it because of the ritual Quinella performed?

Umm, surely there's something better you can come up with than deleting the world and everyone in it?!  Kirito won't stand for this!

Aww, all she wanted is a hug.

Use that knife and then Cardinal will cast a spell to put Alice asleep.  That would be crude.  Hopefully Eugeo can win her over with the power of love, even if Quinella supposedly did remove that memory!  Still not sure how the hell Kirito and Eugeo are going to accomplish this though!

Gah the cliffhanger!

Ep 14 -

Collected all that armor and weaponry so an army couldn't be created.  So Administrator doesn't want an army because she's afraid of them rebelling against her?  But she's not going to be able fend off the Forces of Darkness.

I still want to know why the windows stop halfway up the tower.

Is it even possible to shoot that many arrows at once?!

The way the Integrity Knights transform their weapons like that reminds of zanpakutos.

Ice element.  Nice. 

It turned into a bird!

Kirito spinning his sword to deflect it.  Cool.

Oh, Blue Rose Sword is ice element, of course!

Damn Eugeo just went nuts!  Doing it for Alice!

Oh, it's the same guy who took Alice!  That badass armor, but different color.  His memory was erased not only of his past, but of finding Alice.  Can't have him remember that Alice was a normal little girl.  Unfortunately this guy isn't the evil villain Eugeo hoped he was.

Lost the memory of his wife.

And after all that this guy's mind control thingy didn't pop out?  I wonder what he will do though.

Uhh you might want to tell Eugeo what your ability is so you can strategize.

The Integrity Knights don't have real experience because their memories have been erased.  Administrator didn't think about that.

Now what.  2 little girls?  They're armed.  Surely THEY aren't Integrity Knights?

New OP already.  I guess it's going to change even though it's the same arc, since this arc is so long.  But there's still things from the first OP that haven't been explained, and they've gone to the next one!  Doesn't that go against some anime rule or something?

I really liked that song too.  But maybe I'll warm up to this one.  New ED is nice.

Ep 15 -

Ok I knew these kids were bad news.  You guys shouldn't have let your guard down and let them get near you.

Yeah that is quite a fucked up backstory.  Raising kids to make them fight to the death to try to make a revival spell work.  And they're the only 2 who lived.  The failed revivals reminds me of what happens when you try to bring someone back to life in Fullmetal Alchemist.  Is there any horrible thing Quinella HASN'T done?

Poison dissolving spell.  And he noticed the kind of knives and sheaths they had.  Kirito was like Adam West Batman there lmao.  "I used my anti-explosion spray!" :D

I knew they were dangerous but didn't think they were Integrity Knights.  Makes sense though.

5 Integrity Knights.  You didn't tell us it was really one Integrity Knight and her underlings!  False advertising!  Lol

Damn, I wish Link's sword beams were that effective!

If it's a mirror and not generating the beams itself, you just need some way to cut off the sunlight to this room!  Not sure how though.

Though I have to wonder, would using the sword directly and getting blood on it weaken it's beam ability by making it less reflective?

Lost to plenty of battles to Swordswomen?  Who is he talking about?  Yuuki?  Oh yeah, Liena.  Maybe he and Asuna sparred?  I know he did poorly in kendo against Sugu.

So the Blue Rose Sword's Perfect Control Art freezes the ground and anyone on it, and restrains them with icy thorns etc.  Hmm.

Now what is Kirito going to bust out?

Gah, cliffhanger!

And no commercials.  Did we upgrade to the commercial free Hulu without me knowing or are we getting SAO III commercial free now to make up for what happened in episode 10?

Ep 16 -

So that's Kirito's Perfect Control Art?  What is it, exactly?  It looks like Darkness Element, but I don't see why that would be the case, even if he was once known as "the black swordsman."  But, he did pick a black outfit from the armory, and his current sword is black-ish... more dark blue, but ok.  I dunno.  Is it meant to be tree roots?  Kind of surprising this wasn't explained since every other power was, or at least seemed obvious what they were.  Maybe next episode.

Maybe I am forgetting but I thought there was just one dagger, and to be used on Alice, not Quinella.  Kirito going crazy over saving seems stupid.  I have a feeling he's going to regret wasting that knife here.

You can argue the Integrity Knight are innocent since they don't know any better, but Quinella sure as hell isn't.

I'm not sure what luminous element is doing for the injuries.  It's not a healing spell.  I didn't get the idea that it was hot and could cauderize wounds, either.  I don't see how it's helping to see better since it's covering it with the light, and I don't think it's a magical medical tricorder.  I have no idea.

Ok I'm sorry but it's hard to to take Elevator Girl seriously.  I know it's supposed to be another example of Quinella's evil, but come on.  She knows nothing but the elevator, not even her own name.  It's like she's some RPG NPC hahaha.  

They have limited uses of Perfect Control Art?  Then they have to recharge it by placing it in the scabbard?  That sure sounds like a videogame, heh.

So, is this the top of the tower finally?  No?  Ah hell, it's Alice.  Nice little place.  It won't remain peaceful for long though.

Yep, Alice has definitely lost her memories and forgotten her past self.

Another tree-themed sword.  A lot of these swords are tree and plant themed.  And I mentioned how these swords and the Perfect Control Art reminded me of zanakutos, but this one is just like Senbonzakura!  Except it's an Osmanthus Tree instead of a cherry tree, whatever that is.

Love the animation fight here.  You can really feel how powerful Alice's sword is.

Of course it wouldn't be that easy.  Though I am surprised Alice didn't notice Eugeo loudly running up behind her, especially when he ran through the water.

I had to re-watch that.  I couldn't figure out why the wall blew out.  It was when Kirito and Alice clashed attacks.  Not sure why the wall sealed itself back up.  Guess ADMINISTRATOR has it set up like that.  If I had to guess, Alice's dragon will catch them.  Not sure if they will continue fighting from there or Alice subdues Kirito or what.  Not sure how they will get back to Eugeo either.  Either way, there's no dagger to prick Alice with.

Edited by ben0119

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

Another tree-themed sword.  A lot of these swords are tree and plant themed.  And I mentioned how these swords and the Perfect Control Art reminded me of zanakutos, but this one is just like Senbonzakura!  Except it's an Osmanthus Tree instead of a cherry tree, whatever that is.

https://comicbook.com/anime/2019/01/29/sword-art-online-alice-bleach-byakuya-senbonzakura/

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Ep 17 -

Lmao I can't wait for Bryce to do his reading and call Alice an idiot like 8 times for trying to fall to her to death.

Generating a metallic element seems convenient.  Light, fire, ice... not sure there were any where you could just generate objects like that before.  At least Alice being able to change the shape of her gauntlets makes enough sense.

Alice remembers going to that festival... or thinks she does.  Hmm.  So memories weren't COMPLETELY wiped after all.

Yeah those fucking creepy ass gargoyle abominations should NOT be here.  Very suspicious.

Alice is scared of heights?  Really?  She rides on a freaking dragon!  I mean, I guess climbing and balancing on those metal things is different, but still.

So Kirito wants to work with the Integrity Knights to stop the Dark Territory invasion?  Good luck with that.

A bath.  But it's not Administrator.  Oh crap, it's Bercoli!

Okay, I could have done without a whole episode of them climbing the tower.  I thought they'd get back in way sooner.  Still, Eugeo one on one vs Bercoli should be interesting.

Ep 18 -

Time cutting sword.  Interesting.

Shouldn't Eugeo be more concerned with how he was healed and not what Bercoli did?  That happened so fast.  Is the water like a healing spring?  Did he use some spell or potion on himself?

Wow, that was really clever what Eugeo did.  Good fight.

At least Bercoli has the sense to realize the Integrity Knight concept is some bullshit.

Okay, I could have really done without this Prime Senator character existing.  He's annoying as fuck.  I guess Administrator needs someone to do her dirty work, but still, damn, fuck this guy.  Also the fact he seems completely off model?  People in SAO usually look fairly realistic, and this guy has weird cartoon proportions and flies all over the place.  Odd to say the least.  He can't be human, can he?  He just really doesn't seem to fit into SAO.

Turned to stone.  Damn.  Can't remember if Cardinal said something about reprocessing, but doesn't sound good.

AND GOD DAMN IT DON'T TELL ME EUGEO IS GOING GO BECOME AN INTEGRITY KNIGHT?!

Wow, that was a really good use of elemental spells/crafting by Alice.  She made like, a convection oven.  You can erase someone's memories, but not their talents and skills.

Not sure if Kirito mentioned the sister on accident or not, but that is sure to trigger something.

• 1 month later...

Episode 19 -

Well, it took some convincing, but Kirito managed to get Alice to agree to rebel against the Administrator.  She was able to overcome the eye thing too.

So yeah they need to recruit the non-corrupt nobles, and commoners.  Don't think they have a year though.

God that Prime Senator is so annoying.

I hope that what Kirito said isn't exactly what is going to happen.  If the original Alice returns, why would that erase Alice Synthesis 30?  It should be that Alice simply regains her memories, which it seems she hasn't COMPLETELY forgotten, after all.  I don't want Alice to forget all her badassery.  That would be a double whammy.  Lose the original Alice, then lose this one when the original comes back.  Doesn't seem right.  That's pretty much never how the amnesia thing works.

Yes, Eugeo.  KILL HER!  Kill her now when you've got the chance!

Really?  Eugeo had parents and brothers this whole time?  How do we know that's even a real memory?  I thought he was an orphan along with Kirito, which is why they lived at the church.  They did live there, right?

Eugeo you shouldn't be letting yourself be manipulated like this.  SIGH.

Looks like I was right, unfortunately.  We get Alice back, sort of, but lose Eugeo.  Looks like he is going to become an Integrity Knight.  GOD DAMN IT.

Ep 20 -

Wait, so Alice did lose her eye?  I thought she managed to do better than Eugeo did with breaking the seal.

Wait, THOSE things are the senators?  I had almost expected this Senate to not even exist, the way they were talking about it.  And I thought they were something from Kikuoka set up to monitor the world.  But they're from the Pontifex?

Seeing as how they all look the same it seems more like they were artificially grown, not people that were abducted, Kirito.

But yeah, this room is totally out of place compared to everything else and super creepy.

Prime Senator Chudelkin is not only annoying as hell but also really fucking creepy.  Why the hell did Reki have to create this character?

So Alice actually didn't get her memory erased right away and was staying there for two years until that happened.  That's messed up.

I really hoped that Chudelkin would be dead from that stab.  I have no idea what the hell he just did.  But since he looks like a jester I suppose he's got some tricks.

Ah hell, it's Eugeo.  Why, after all this time, this close to his goal, did Eugeo seemingly give up?  Bleh.  I hope it won't take too long to bring him back to his senses.

Ep 21 -

Hey there's new animation sequences in the OP now.

They've never fought seriously before?  Well how exactly is Kirito supposed to fight seriously without killing Eugeo?

At least Eugeo got cool knight armor.

Nice fight.

Kirito always thought Eugeo would surpass him one day?

It looks like Kirito might finally be getting through to Eugeo, but then he freezes them and leaves?

Remove the memory blocker to put a new one in... you are a dumbass, Pontifex.

So, with that, not only did Eugeo regain his memories from just earlier, but also of Kirito being his and Alice's childhood friend.

Weapons can no longer harm your skin?  I call bullshit on that.  If you were so sure of that you wouldn't be using that barrier.

Oh man I wish we could've seen Kirito and Alice abusing Chudelkin. :D

You tell her, Alice.

Chudelkin you've done it now.  That face and how she answered him.  Yep you're going to get just what you deserve, Chudelkin.

The look on Kirito's face when Chudelkin was going on his tangent. :D

A giant fire golem?  But Eugeo uses ice, dude.

Ep 22 -

How is Toonami going to show Quinella running around and fighting nude?  Granted, her magic hair covers things up, but still.  Well, if Toonami could show Kill la Kill's Nudist Beach, they can show this?

Ok, Alice is holding him off, stop standing there and staring, you guys!

What hell WAS that, Kirito?  Some kind of sword beam attack.  Major overkill when you just had to go for his eyes!  Satisfying to see that annoying little bastard get blasted through, though!

Of course Administrator doesn't save him, and kicks his corpse to the side.

Well, that didn't go as I expected!  I thought for sure they would use Eugeo's ice to combat Chudelkin's fire.

There's no ration or reason to be had with this psycho bitch, Alice.

Yeah you really didn't think this through, Pontifex.  And what command have you come up with exactly that can keep you from getting deleted?

I would say that Alice and Eugeo are learning that Kirito is a human from the other side and that they're living in a virtual world, but I'm not sure they understand all this.

A mindless sword golem.  Hell.  Yeah, this thing could probably fight off the Dark Armies, right?

Well, that didn't go well.  Alice and Kirito both impaled.

The... spider?

So, stabbing the floor allowed Cardinal to come here, but now what are you going to do about the Administrator, with no more daggers?

So, if an NPC spends enough time with someone they get a real heart?  I don't know how sad I can feel for this spider, though.

Alright, now that they've got a party of 4, along with the considerable powers of Cardinal, surely THIS is enough to take down Administrator?

• 1 month later...

I kept forgetting to post my comments for the last 2 episodes in here.

Ep 23 -

As we suspected, that sword automaton is an abomination made from humans.  Administrator is planning to cull half of the 80,000 population of humans to create an army of these things to stop the invasion from the Dark Territory.  She's completely evil and depraved for sure.

Ok now Cardinal what the hell is the point of sacrificing yourself here.

I thought Administrator wasn't injured by the dagger because it didn't actually hit her.  She put a barrier up.  If she really couldn't be hurt by it, why bother with the barrier?

So is that crystal Eugeo's memory of Alice, or Alice's own memories?  Because Eugeo should still have his own memories of Alice I think.

Eugeo turned himself into a sword to fight the automaton and now Administrator.  I gotta say I did not see this coming!

Automaton defeated and Administrator has lost an arm.  But Eugeo's sword from was broken in half, and now he returns to human form split in half?!  He was frozen though.  Is it possible for him to survive?

Alice did a good job holding off Administrator, but why did she pass out like that?  Is she tired?  I don't remember her getting injured after Cardinal healed her wounds.

And now it's left just to Kirito.  You guys had a whole 4 person party when you came in here, and now only one person is in fighting shape.  You dun goofed!

I thought that Alice or Kirito would wield Eugeo in his sword form.  Made me think of Soul Eater.

I understand that Administrator can't be damaged by metal swords, which is why Eugeo decided to turn himself into a sword, but Cardinal's death seemed pointless, and now what is Kirito going to do?  I don't see how his sword is going to fare any better.

Ep. 24 -

I think it's the viewers that are flailing about unseemly while you're on-screen, Administrator. :D

"That won't be enough to make up for my stupidity."  LOL Kirito.

How did Kirito switch to his Aincrad outfit?

Administrator has every ability.  She's the ultimate final boss!

Was that Asuna's move?  She got it from Kirito's memories somehow, or someone else in Underworld has that ability?

Great animation here.  Great fight.

I thought the ice was keeping Eugeo from bleeding out.  It's melted now?

EUGEO CAN'T DIE WHAT THE HELL!

Now they're fully remembering their past together with Alice growing up.  That's good.

So is it the Blood Rose Sword now?

KIRITO DUAL WIELDS AGAIN!

Now Kirito has lost on arm, Administrator lost her other arm, and has been stabbed through the heart!  This show is giving Bleach and Star Wars a run for it's money in terms of dismemberment!

How is Administrator going to escape to the real world?  Is going to possess that robot?

Neither sword was made of metal.  When I heard how she couldn't be hurt by metal weapons, I remembered Kirito's sword was made from the Gigas Cedar and thought hmm.  What was the Blue Rose Sword made of?  Everlasting ice?

What the hell?!  That little turd is still alive?  Sooo is are they both dead now?

I assume that was Administrator dying, I hope.  Just a "ghost" and she's not still alive somehow.

So THAT'S what happened.  Kirito and Alice made a wooden sword and sheath for Kirito.  Administrator was playing with memories indeed!

Kirito trying to make a call to the outside.

Gunfire?  Administrator possessed that robot after all?!  No, it's those guys from that GGO squad.  They look the same as they did in the game.  So, the guy whose eye glowed WASN'T the other Death Gun who attacked Kirito in the real world after all?  Then who is he?  And where is that Death Gun guy?

What the hell good is it going to do for Kirito to leave the game with Alice?  I don't see how they are going to help here.  Asuna should've brought Sinon along!  Unless that asshole Kikuoka just wants Alice to survive for the sake of his project.

Eehhhh Asuna is here?

No next episode title?

Nuuuu the second half of the arc isn't airing until October. D:

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2019/03/30/sword-art-online-alicization-war-of-underworld-announced-for-october-broadcast

• 5 months later...

Here are some promotional magazine scans.  Don't know if there is a translation available for these, but I assume nothing that's written here can allow us to glean too much about the new season.  Check out this TEN BILLION PERCENT STRAIGHT magazine spread of COMA KIRITO and GHOST EUGEO!

tumblr_pye7er66mE1rzp45wo1_1280.jpg

And here's the others.  Looks like mostly a retrospective.  Lol at the Asuna stripping scene being included.

tumblr_pye7er66mE1rzp45wo2_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pye7er66mE1rzp45wo3_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pye7er66mE1rzp45wo4_r1_1280.jpg

Streaming is on Hulu, Crunchyroll, and Funimation, like before.  Not sure how the Funimation thing works.  I guess Aniplex worked out a deal with Funimation or something.  At least it's being made available on a wide range of platforms! 

And it looks like lyrics haven't been translated for the OP yet.  I think those channels usually have them set up as closed captions.  A shame about Melodic Star's original channel getting shut down. And they said it wasn't even by any music labels, but some random asshole.  The jerk!  His channel is a great source of anime songs.  I hope he can get his old channel back up.

Edited by ben0119

Ep 1 -

FINALLY, THE WITHDRAWALS COME TO AN END!  SAO IS BACK!

New OP sung by Asuna! ❤️ Judging by the visuals, this arc will be very interesting and epic indeed!   And that "Invading" subtitle.  Hmm.

So, not only did Eugeo die, but Alice's memories were lost because that crystal was destroyed.  I didn't realize that.  AND Kirito has fallen into a coma.  So that mission was arguably more of a failure than it was a success!  Or a pyrrhic victory at best!  The ONLY thing they succeeded at was getting rid of Administrator!

Why the hell would you not have Kirito protected from an electric surge too, Kikuoka you dumbass.  You could have been hit by a storm or something and lost power.

How old is Selka now?

SAO looks beautiful as always.

Here's the douche bag village gate guard.  Yeah those aren't strangers buddy.

I thought that Alice would make a low key entrance and meet up with Selka instead of announcing herself like this.

"Begone criminal."  Fuck you, Gasfut.

So they're allowed to live in the countryside outside the village.  How generous of them...

I am surprised we didn't see Alice and Selka meet up for the first time.  I would have loved to see that reunion.

Administrator and Chudelkin dead, and the Senate out of commission are GOOD THINGS.

Bercouli is smart enough to enact the same common sense plan Kirito had come up with, without even hearing it, thankfully.

So there were actually twice as many Knights before earlier battles with the Dark Territory?  Great.

How did Fanatio get out the library?

Kirito saved you from Administrator from Thanos-ing your asses, you jackasses.

So Kirito is still barely there to some extent.  Always wants the swords nearby, and reacted to Dark Territory attack.

Why are these lumberjacks such assholes, and why do they all suck at their jobs?

Alice made the tree fall towards them LOL.

Yeah you better pay up, asshole.

You're really going to fuck with someone in a near comatose state?!  How much lower can you get?!

Yeah it wasn't just because of the sword that Alice was able to cut the tree down, you dumbasses.

Haha, was that bang caused just by Alice glaring at them?  Yeah you better give it back, you jackasses.

Collapsing the caves... that's so obvious now that you mention it.  That should have been done a long time ago!  Of course Administrator wouldn't have cared if villages on the outskirts of the Empire got destroyed, and would've wanted to test her sword golems.  Bleh.

Eldrie you are still as stupid as ever.  You think Kirito isn't fighting by choice?!

Alice has to by lying here, right?  Why wouldn't she able to fight like she used to?  Her display with the lumberjacks would seem to show Alice is full of it here as well lol.

Oh hell don't tell me they are attacking Rulid village!  How did they get through the collapsed caves so fast?!

Ep 2 -

Dark Army, you messed up by attacking this village!

Fuck off lumberjack asshole.

You better bow down, dad.

Listening to her now that you know she's a knight when you should have anyway!

Damn, that dragon's breath attack was awesome!

Alice is determined to fight! And her eye is better? Woo!

Alice I love you! You are so badass and awesome! ❤️

Announcing his name and now he's dead lmao.

And the remaining goblins sent running.

Haha Asuna lifted him off the ground.

Oh Asuna your reaction was perfectly justified.

You guys did not have this ocean platform protected nearly as much as you should have.

No one died in that firefight, really?

I'm not really following the reasoning for what the ship wouldn't attack.

These are the same guys that Kirito and co. fought in GGO before Kirito went into Underworld. But who are they? Not Asian or part of any military doesn't tell us much lol. Are they working for EA or Activision? :P

You were going to destroy the fluctlights at the end of the simulation... you bastards. And not just Alice should be preserved you assholes!

Yep, Kirito has been in there for 2 years... assholes.

That was a whole other mountain of technobabble. I have yet to check if any of this is valid brain science. But Kirito isn't as bad off as we thought, at least.

Asuna eyeing that STL machine...

Ep 3 -

So THAT'S who these guys are? I thought for sure they were connected to Laughing Coffin and Death Gun somehow. Then why did the guy with the face tattoo have a glowing eye and act like he knew Kirito?

NSA? Shouldn't that be the CIA that gets involved in something like this?

Why would Japan having this AI military technology disrupt the power balance in Asia? Isn't supposed to be illegal for Japan to attack any country? Hence "Japanese Self Defense Force."

I dunno, maybe some spy and military experts know better than me on this, but this plot point seems shaky.

Made a deal with the JSDF top brass to hold off the ship attack for 24 hours. Ouch.

Of course their only solution is to log in to ALO. :P

You idiots! Why would you not put passwords on the fucking evil Emperor and Dark Knight accounts?!

Well, that was an extremely disturbing nightmare that Shino just had. Getting throttled to death, seriously? And did he just wipe the tear off, thought he licked it like Oberon at first.

And why would she have a dream about Miller saying something she never heard him say? The show may he starting to veer away from the hard science fiction aspect if Shino can have what is basically a Force Vision dream warning her about this evil dude.

You know, for how important this test is, you guys really have no idea what is going on in this world, do you! Alice does not need "protection" after what we saw in that last episode lmao.

Asuna is going to have to log into Underworld to save Kirito. ❤️

Though I'm sure Alice would have told Kirito many times not to blame himself for what happened? Eh, guess it is the POWER OF LOVE that is needed!

Bad enough the captions for time and location flash by way too quick on screen, but that text Asuna sent was on-screen for like a second! I had to go back and pause it to read it. Is it possible to read Japanese much more quickly than English or something? I can't think of any other show with this problem though.

ROFL that typo of Yui asking Shino to log in to AOL instead of ALO.

I'm pretty sure Suguha's only role is to say "onee-chan" now.

The rest of the team could be called on later? How? The Ocean Turtle is under attack and on lockdown and there's not many STLs, right? Still, it would be cool if the others could dive into Underworld.

Eh, the ghost of little Alice visited Miller as he logged in? I thought that memory crystal was destroyed though. Does this world somehow have AI GHOSTS, too?

Lipia looks like Fanatio.

So there are humans in the Dark Territory. Or at least they look human.

I thought for sure he was going to say "IT'S TIME TO INVADE!" This Shasta guy wants peace?!

And he wants to take out 4 of the other Lords?! And there's another lady that's immortal, seriously?! Or, going by the specific wording, she knows how to become immortal. Still...

Yeah I don't think goblins and orcs would be interested in peace talks, either, lady.

And now he's proposing? The fuck?

This is a lot to throw at the audience at once!

A chain sealing the throne room just broke.  And there they are.

Ep 4 -

Let me guess, those kids are who Eugeo and Alice were cloned from. Gabe and Alicia. Whoop, no, NO they aren't.

This kid is sick and twisted. He just killed that girl! How did he get away with it?!

Wait, visible soul... but this is the real world, right? Not a simulation? Then how?

This sick bastard knows these AI are real people with souls but has no issue with starting this war that will kill thousands.

Lipia is dead?! Just like that?! Man, what the hell! And Miller swallowed her soul just like fucking Shang Tsung! What the hell!

All these tribes and generals. This Dark Territory is more interesting than I thought it would be.

That mage general is hot! Her outfit! And did she say she also offers her heart and body the king?!

Hit by poison. But this is some ability this guy has to turn into a tornado, or did his fluctlight just go crazy?

Well, all that, and still couldn't lay a scratch on Miller. A murderous sword won't work. So it has to be some "pure" sword or something to kill him.

So, probably two of the only non-evil people in the Dark Territory are dead. So, potential usurpers were made an example of, and we learned more about Miller, but I feel like two characters with potential were wasted. Though maybe the whole thing of them getting married was a hint that things wouldn't end well for them.

But, is the series adding literal fantasy, spiritual, and scientific elements now? Before it seemed like they were trying to have a "scientific soul," but now...

The gate is about to fall... due to age? And the armies are coming. Shit.

Ep 5 -

Ah hell, the Blue Rose Sword is busted?

Is Reki trolling here or what? He better not be implying that Alice has feelings for Kirito.

Is Kirito really the only black haired boy in this world?

HAHAHAHAHAHA Ronye is in love with Kirito? How? Based on what?! Yeah, we saw Tiese had a thing for Eugeo, but I didn't get the idea that Ronye was attracted to Kirito. Hell, she barely has a personality!

So Kirito's clothes really did change and it wasn't just a symbolic thing. And ah, I dunno about grown up Alice in this outfit lol.

She didn't tell them that Eugeo died, but I guess they didn't have to.

Fanatio has gone full girly now lol.

But are we going to see what her underlings look like?

Don't tell me the Taboo Index doesn't even let you kill in battle? But we clearly saw that Dark Knight being killed in season 1. Unless he means during training. But you wouldn't have killing intent during training anyway. But there hasn't been a lot of fighting during Bercouli's life, even as long as it was. Kirito was fighting nonstop for 2 years in Aincrad, so yes, in that sense, Kirito would have more actual combat experience than Bercouli.

This arguing about whether Bercouli held back on them... and he's gone LOL.

Oh I thought he left lmao. Indeed it is time for the meeting heh.

Really with those soldiers? They're all the exact same character model!

Hmm, looks like Liena was there at the meeting, and who else?

Are there really places like that where the sun never shines?

Alice is the most powerful Integrity Knight?

So there are other Integrity Knights that we didn't see. Looks like we got a girl with slicked back hair, and a green haired Sinon.

Alice better not die.

Why don't you guys just shoot the enemy from the cliffs above?

That lackadaisical king is pissing me off.

Yeah just have the words FINAL LOAD TEST appear in the world. I'm sure the AIs won't think anything of that.

So I just thought of something. The Dark Territory didn't decide to invade until Miller showed up as Vecta and decided on invasion. Sooo what would have happened when the gate fell but the Dark Territory didn't do anything. I guess their test would be a bust lol.

Unless the Dark Army was attacking it, but that hasn't been clear. It was imlied that it's falling due to age?

• 1 month later...

Ep 6 -

That Dark Mage leader looks like a devious bitch.

Yes, we had to be reminded that that's Alice. :P

Why do the ogres look like wolfmen?

Dunno if she is an actual character or an extra, but the lady pugilist left of the chief is cute.

Is this what they were talking about as the biggest, most beautiful battle?

How many characters with names will actually die?

Oh wait, Renly is a guy. That's right, he's without a shirt in the OP. I remember thinking he was a Dark Territory character when I saw that shot of him in the OP. I still maintain he looks like a green-haired Sinon, though.

Deuselbert should have brought a whole WAGON of arrows! And didn't he have an ability that didn't even require physical arrows and just shot arrows of fire?

Haha, that's Eugeo's master from the school. He finally gets some lines! A voice actor was hired! Now, where is Liena?

Booo CGI clone orcs!

Damn smoke bombs!

Those two little bitches. Didn't you learn anything from your encounter with Kirito and Eugeo? Leave Kirito alone! They ended up being right about Renly though. He ran away!

What the hell. The Giant chief glitched out and went berserk? And caused Fanatio to freeze up? Some kind of interaction with the fluctlights?

Does blood really explode from your limbs if bones get broken like that? Either way, what happened to Dakari looked painful. But at least Fanatio was saved. But is this the first named character to die? Even though we didn't get her name and what she looked like til just now.

Also, Fanatio and Deuselbert should probably put their helmets back on, and anyone else, if they have them. This is war!

I do like that everyone is using powerful moves right off the bat, though. These characters are smarter than your average shonen ones. :)

What the hell ability is Alice using? Spirit Bomb of the Dead? I thought Vecta was the only one that could steal souls!

This season is like the second part of Gurren Lagann. What happens after the good guys win and are in charge and have to run things?

I'll say it again if I haven't already, this reminds me of an InuYasha ED.

Ep 7 -

Was this coward character really needed?

Yeah, the goblins have broken through the lines and there have been casualties thanks to you, asshole.

Tiese and Ronye can't defeat a single goblin? Maybe I am iffy on the timeline but wouldn't they have been training for years now? And if they are so incapable, why did Alice put them in charge of protecting Kirito?

Of course a goblin is here.

Defective knight lmao.

And before anyone gets the idea that if Renly wasn't here, Kirito and two girls would be dead, the goblins wouldn't have gotten here if it weren't for Renly running off.

So he's a coward because he accidentally killed his friend in a fight? And why were they using real swords in a competition anyway?

Hmm, release recollection and the two bladed boomerangs whatever they are combine seeks weaksauce to me! But at least Renly returned to his duties and killed that goblin chief!

Are all those red lines from Bercouli's ability? All the minions are dead, then!

That's what you get for sending all of them at once, dumb bitch!

It's not just a matter of where they were born, Alice. I don't think you can negotiate with goblins and orcs, and the other Dark Territory crazies. And the only two decent people in the Dark Territory that could have made the others see reason are dead!

Taking many lives for the sake of one? The Dark Territory aren't after Kirito. They just want to invade and plunder and destroy. This is war! You have no choice but to protect the Human Empire, Alice!

Ah, so that's what she was planning. A major death beam!

Alice the grim reaper lol.

Are all the cute mage girls dead too? T__T

A million waifus cried out, and were suddenly silenced.

Ep 8 -

Yup, the mage girls definitely got killed too.

Send him back to the grasslands.

Eh, so not just Renly, but Eldrie failed too? But that camp only got attacked because Renly left his position...

Kill 3000 of their own army to get more energy... sick bastards.

Eh, making the orcs sympathetic? And the ogre guy just wanted to live a peaceful life in the grasslands. Well, I guess it's not just those two Vecta killed that aren't all bad.

Some evil curse spell. If swords and armor can't stop it, what can? A spell? Of course there is no more spatial energy left.

Eh, but it seems like Alice's blade petals would be the perfect counter for these flying worms thing? Does it still count as a "sword" in that form?

So, Eldrie was able to counter some of the worms, but most of them just hit him? So he drew them all to himself.

Was that Eugeo's arm and hand pushing Eldrie?

What? Eldrie liked Alice all this time? Really?

Well, he's dead. Can't say I expected that. Sucks he never got his memory back. But he remembered his mother at least. Can Alice use his weapon?

THE WRATH OF ALICE UNLEASHED!

Yeah, you ain't bein' the Emperor of shit, bitch.

What happened there? She killed those girls to try to save herself? But did she get away?

Great, now Vecta is excited.

Well, I hope you've been watching all the suffering going on in this world, Kikuoka. You should be charged for crimes against humanity.

Now let's just hope Alice doesn't get captured and nothing happens to Bercouli. I have a bad feeling about him going along.

Ep 9 -

Was that Asuna in the OP fighting Vecta with Alice? I swear she was not in there before.

Pugilists, they are basically like the monks from Final Fantasy, it seems. But in this world what are called monks have magic. Well, the ogres were wolfmen, after all. :P

This guy reminds me of someone... Koga?

Oh cool, that cute pugilist girl is an actual character and not just a background extra. Nice, I liked her look. NOOOOO DON'T ATTACK SHEYTA!

Well, she only got half her arm sliced off? She can survive that, right?

So, Sheyta has a curse of murderous impulse. Anyone she gets into a fight with will get cut to ribbons. But it seems here she is able to control herself in this battle? I thought for sure all those pugilists were dead. Maybe she isn't as murderous as she thinks, or maybe she's become able to control the curse over the years, or Quinella was lying.

Yes, give her a sword that can cut through anything. You're lucky Sheyta didn't rebel against you, Quinella.

He's mad that his comrades are still alive?! And why didn't he start fighting her right after he saw what she did to two-toned hair girl? All those injuries to his comrades could have been prevented.

He's remarkably hard. :D

Wow, she lost clothes but managed not make it fan servicey?

Looks like a fighter because she is half nude like you guys lmao.

Stop looking so sleepy. :D

Annnnnd saved. I'm glad he lived. This guy seems cool.

Escapes on the dragon lmao.

Go PK... but you are killing actual people this time you sicko.

I thought Ronye and Tiese couldn't so much as kill a single goblin? She's doing pretty well for herself here. Though this asshole is toying with her, she at least noticed him sneaking up on her.

Senpai? Did she get that expression from Kirito?

YES, IT'S ASUNA, FINALLY! And as Goddess Stacia... how fitting. :)

KoB... Knights of the Blood Oath? I knew it, this guy WAS in Aincrad! But he's not the other Death Gun. We know what both look like in real life and they aren't the same guy. So, he was wrong thinking he was the last of Laughing Coffin, this guy is from another murder guild, or was going on killing sprees on his own. Either way, at least now we know how he knows Kirito, and Asuna too, apparently.

Ep 10 -

Uhh pretty sure we just saw those two creepy scientists again. Still want to know what their deal is. I know we saw Raios' fluchtlight glitch out... so seems he must he an AI, but I'm convinced those two are connected to Humbert and Raios somehow.

So there is a limit to how much Asuna can use the god hax powarz.

I'd get on my knees for this goddess. :P

Asuna's boobs seem smaller now. Is it her avatar in this world, or just the goddess outfit?

Hahaha Alice thinks Asuna is a spy and now the two are fighting.

Bercouli is loving it LOL. But he breaks it up.

Yeah she doesn't look like someone from the Dark Territory and she isn't a blasphemous cosplayer, Alice.

Well Asuna why don't you just destroy all their beliefs and all that they know lmao.

I thought all Asuna had to do was show up and encourage Kirito and he would wake up. What happened to that?!

Hmm, Asuna, he didn't snap out of it. Maybe you should try something else. :P

A mole? Is it those creeper scientists we saw before? And we saw them again this episode. Can't be a coincidence.

Why the fuck were the Dark Territory Superuser accounts left unlocked? I don't think a mole did it, since Higa knew about it. So it sounds like Higa is just an idiot. Either that, or he's a mole too.

You already told them that their world is Underworld, and yours is the "real world," might as well tell them everything else, Asuna.

You want Alice to decide for herself? I don't think she will leave this world if she had the choice. And how would she? Unless that other robot Higa made is super lifelike, which is a bit tough to believe he could make something like that.

Yeah, Rath and Higa's group are both bad. I don't know how this world could be protected though. Who else can run this place that can or would protect it from bad actors? If they knew anyone rich... oh yeah, Asuna's family are rich. Well, maybe...

I dunno about the real world being dirtier and uglier. This world is pretty savage, especially the Dark Territory, with goblins wanting to eat people or sell them... well it could come off that they wanted to sell Selka as a sex slave, so I guess the real world doesn't have Underworld beat there. I guess there's little to no pollution in this world? But for the most part, the real world is more civilized, I think. Certain parts of it, anyway.

But yes I'm sure the main cast would love to be friends with the Underworld folks.

Now Asuna's boobs seem bigger in her nighty?

Ask permission to see Kirito... bitch don't even.

If Reki is implying that Alice has romantic feelings for Kirito I am going to be annoyed...

Wtf does Ronie have on her head?

Ronie get the fuck outta here lmao. You have no claim to Kirito!

Yay Liena is back! I thought I saw her at the meeting.

Trade info. Looks like we are setting up for a recap episode. Won't be too bad with these cute girls. :) Well, judging by the next episode's title "Heartless Decision," maybe not. I guess the convo will happen mostly off-screen.

Edited by ben0119

• 2 weeks later...

Ep 11 -

So I was wrong about that leading into a recap.

Sleeping near four beauties? I don't know if that sounds like something Alice would actually say.

I would think building a bridge would be much safer and more effective. But it is a bottomless pit, so it might be tricky and take some time. But stringing ropes across is not a good idea either.

Of course, Miller doesn't care about casualties.

Are the dragons all tuckered out? I feel like someone just flying across with a dragon and cutting all the ropes in one go would be most efficient.

Reset the Underworld to real time, and have a bunch of American players log in unknowingly on behalf of the Dark Territory. Not a bad plan. How is possible to log in to the world with conventional VR equipment though? I thought it had to he that STL thingy.

Ooh this is a lot of Engrish lol. That fat guy LOL. And how did a layabout fatass that plays videogames all day get a hot blonde girlfriend? Anyway, gamer stereotypes lul.

Why was Shino sleeping on the floor?

Why did Yui send Shino and Suguha ahead separately? I guess to send the message to Kikuoka to check on the speed of time in the Underworld. And maybe Yui thought it would be safer to not send one of them alone to do that.

They're mere high school girls! :D

Why the hell was Higa not watching things more closely? I swear if he and Kikuoka weren't so incompetent so much of this wouldn't have happened.

I think your big mistake here was having Lisbeth give the speech...

Lol they have an inferiority complex over the SAO survivors.

So VRMMOs have a stigma due to SAO. We already knew about the SAO survivors going to a special school. Makes sense counseling would be required but forcing meds isn't cool. And they are on a potential criminal watch list? Because of the murder guild players I guess? But those were a small minority of players. I also wonder if those players were able to be tried for murder for killing players in the game. Hahaha people think that VRMMO players don't contribute to society or pay taxes and social security! Well, at least Shino makes money playing GGO. :P

Who is the person with the fairy?

Looks like the rest of Yuuki's party all survived? Were cures found for their conditions or are they all still slowly dying? I recall from that arc's ending that at least one of them was cured.

Yup real pain and no way to log out. But at least you don't die in real life you die in the game! I bet Miller did not have Critter tell the American players that though.

Okay it's 5:30am in Japan and between noon and 3:30pm in the U.S. But what day of the week is it? Do none of those American players have jobs?

Lisbeth was able to turn the speech around... but I still don't think she was the best candidate to give it!