UnevenEdge

Sword Art Online III: Alicization Anime Discussion Thread

ben0119

Ep 12 -

So they are just logged in as generic dark knight accounts, and they're attacking the Dark Territory army too?!

Just ripped his own eyeball out. Dude is hardcore.

Put Alice to sleep with that spell, but she didn't drop her sword. Ok then.

That expression from Miller, wtf lol.

So, an alliance with the pugilists. I had a feeling that might happen. And it's obvious Miller never cared about the Dark Territory Army in the first place, but he gives even less of a shit now that he's captured Alice.

Asuna healed that arm pretty easily. Must be the goddess powers.

Vassago Casal? Why does his REAL name sound like an RPG name?

So I guess the VRMMO player army raised Lisbeth have not arrived yet. But Sinon will be a big help!

Again, Shino-non, whatever that means.

• 6 months later...
On 7/12/2020 at 3:46 AM, 3ngag3 said:

Nice to see that SAO can't make it through one fucking season without a tentacle rape scene.

I saw that and was like - DAMN IT SAO!

Also really stupid since Leafa could have gotten out of it but "I don't want to kill anyone here without knowing what's going on."  Really, Leafa?  D.I.L. is clearly a murderous psycho-bitch!  Also you can defend yourself without killing the attacker.  But, if it's in self-defense, it's justified anyways. 

Ah well, hopefully that was the LAST of that crap.  I know Reki swore of the rape scenes after this was all written.  I'm just hoping there aren't any more in the arc.

Edited by ben0119

31 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

IAlso really stupid since Leafa could have gotten out of it but "I don't want to kill anyone here without knowing what's going on."  Really, Leafa?  D.I.L. is clearly a murderous psycho-bitch!  Also you can defend yourself without killing the attacker.  But, if it's in self-defense, it's justified anyways.

Why the hell did Leafa spawn in the ass crack of the battlefield in the first place? Asuna and Sinon didn't seem to have a problem jumping right in the middle of the action. 

39 minutes ago, 3ngag3 said:

Why the hell did Leafa spawn in the ass crack of the battlefield in the first place? Asuna and Sinon didn't seem to have a problem jumping right in the middle of the action. 

Good point.  I have no idea why she was randomly dumped there lmao.

4 hours ago, elfie said:

*sees the controversy from the FIRST, FIRST episode of Sword Art Online III: War of Underworld 2, that it''s being dubbed, and knowing Toonami will eventually air it*

....... is there an action to take beyond quitting a show?

Stop being a baby and just ignore shows you don't like?  And let others enjoy their shows in peace and stop crying all the time.  I didn't go shitpost in the Hunter x Hunter threads.  I dropped the show and didn't talk about it anymore.

• 2 months later...

Wow, I wrote my thoughts down in documents but never got around to posting... any of them this whole time?  I suppose the past few months weren't exactly par of the course, in general.  It is harder for me to remember to post about stuff I don't watch live on Toonami with everyone else, as well.  I personally think the show has improved since it basically turned into a shonen since the tower arc started. 

For whatever it's worth, I'm going to put up my posts on the last cour of episodes.  I wrote these comments down after I finished each episode.  So, my first watch comments and opinions, theories, predictions, guesses, etc. put down for posterity.  I'm sure I will get to talk about it again when Toonami inevitably airs it. :P

Ep 13 -

Lots of epicness promised by the OP. DUAL WEILD BLACK JACKET KIRITO IS RETURNING!

Seeing Sinon launch her attack from a different angle, and with maybe even better animation. Nice.

Well I suppose it makes sense Sinon could fly, since she's the Sun Goddess. So it wasn't just that she floated down as part of arriving. She was FLYING down, and it was part of her powers.

LOL Ronye is upset that all the visitors from the real world are female.

Ah yes, the memory and soul of Kirito that exists within Sinon. And Asuna, Leafa, etc...

Leafa landing in the middle of nowhere. Good thing her fat ass cushioned her fall. :D

Human? Eh, he's not human. But maybe saying he is a person would be a better way of putting it.

Do you even know if they shake hands in this world, Leafa?

Witch Bitch is still alive.

Aaaannnnd we've got tentacles.

Really, Leafa, you don't maybe think it would be okay to kill this psychotic bitch that is draining the life force out of you?

Her blood grew flowers? Wtf?

Telling him to strip naked and get on all fours and squeal because he's a pig. Demented. Also, you are barely clothed, and don't look very human yourself, with that spell, and how you are behaving, Dee Eye Ill.

And there goes Lilpilin's eye.

Dead, just like that. See, that is what you should have done in the first place, Leafa.

Some nice moves by Asuna. And great animation again.

Uhh dumbass, if you kill Asuna in this world, she's not going to DIE IN REAL LIFE

Emperor Vecta is major haxorz.

Great battle here, you can almost feel the impact of the moves. I need to get a sound system, a new TV, or start watching this through my computer with its good speakers, it will make watching this show even better.

Now Vecta's eyes are black and all evil.

Down an arm. Come on, Bercouli.

A parent will die protecting their child. 😧

Man, Klein is here, and he's a badass now, with that giant tornado sword skill. I would liked to have seen what adventures he's been up to.

Kirito in the River Styx in the ED?

Edited by ben0119

Ep 14 -

Ok, Klein, but you're impassioned speech is pointless here. These are just some frat dudebros who thought they were logging into an online hack n' slash game. They aren't part of Miller's evil group.

IF YOU DIE IN THE GAME, YOU... might lose your character...

I just realized, it's not only Silica's growth that has been stunted, but her dragon, too! Isn't a BABY? Shouldn't it have gotten bigger by now? Or was it just some species of mini-dragon?

Yeah nothing to worry about, Renly, Lisbeth and Silica are as manly as you are. :D

All the characters from the past arcs are here.

Where is that Vollo guy? He could be really helpful right now.

Was that healer girl Selka?

Asuna the strategist is back.

I will... FIGHT ON THE FRONT LINE. Epic.

What, finally developing a conscious, Higa?

Oh, the other, more advanced robot, but it can't walk without AI. It looks like Alphonse's armor LOL. I thought it would look like a real person heh. Maybe it has holographic projectors on the inside and this is what Alice will use? :) Then it's like she's wearing the armor. I'm pretty sure this is the robot Quinella was trying to take over, too.

So it turns out Kirito CAN come back, in the most corny way possible. There is a "back-up memory" of Kirito inside the people who care about him.

And of course only those three girls logged in with STLs. :P

NOOOOOOO don't take that suspicious looking guy along! He looks like one of the creeper scientists that walked past Asuna and Kayaba's gf after the rapisode. He's clearly the INSIDE MAN! I wouldn't be surprised if he is the unethical Rath employee that started the nobles line in the Underworld that Cardinal was talking about, either.

Snake isn't the least bit scrawny but never had any trouble fitting into ventilation ducts. :P

Almost seems like the art style changed a bit here in this Bercouli vs Vecta sequence, to like of a retro fantasy cartoon or anime? The colors are darker and thicker lines.

Heh, why don't people get interrupted in the middle of their attacks more often?

I HAVE CUT YOUR PAST!

LOVE those clock sound effects.

And with that, Emperor Asshole is out of here.

But, Bercouli...

Damn, dead, but, pleased and content. Father? Well, I guess Bercouli was more of a father to Alice than the piece of crap that turned her over to the Integrity Knight.

Poor Alice.

Hmm, Bercouli is remembering a lot nicer version of Quinella than the real one, haha.

Ah hell, and Fanatio is pregnant with their child...

Of course Gabriel is going to convert his personal account too. Subtelizer... sounds familiar for some reason.

Haha, Aizen says he has the best evil face, but Miller says hold my beer.

Ep 15 -

The way they drew Alice's eyes was perfect. She really looks like she's been crying hard A LOT.

Yeah, Kirito's suffering and pain was real. Hopefully Vassago and Miller felt a lot of pain too.

Well it's good to hear that Alice can come back to the Underworld if she leaves. Don't know how the hell they are going to safeguard it, though.

Miller will come back to life right here? How do you know that for sure, Sinon?

And, I guess this means that Sinon is fighting him and not Kirito, Alice, or Asuna, or a team up?

Wait, that's right. This is the guy who beat Sinon in that tournament. So I suppose it makes sense.

Eh, does Miller really have the ability to stop someone's heart in this form, or is Sinon just freaking out?

LOL now they're sending players from China and South Korea. ASSHOLES!

Posted a thing online saying Japanese players hacked a test server LOL.

These are the epitome of cheap tactics if I've ever seen them!

Hmm, have we seen these two before? Are they from the movie, a game, or something else? And is that guy Korean, or a Japanese guy living in Korea? The girl is definitely Chinese. Trying to have more international appeal with these two characters? Well, to China and Korea, I guess. The show is already plenty popular in America. I'll have to research these two characters later.

Yes, clearly this guy that is laughing evilly is someone you should be following.

The leader of laugning coffin! He's still alive?! And this guy ISN'T one of the Death Guns, right? One of them was Sinon's friend who got committed to a mental hospital, and the other one attacked Kirito and started all this mess. Still don't know what happened to him.

Damn, that dude has lost BOTH arms now!

Sheyta's sword is disintegrating? I thought it could CUT THROUGH ANYTHING. But I guess the sword itself isn't indestructible?

Are you really going to go off what Quinella said, Sheyta? She can't be trusted.

Well, I suppose it worked out after all. But, this guy is the only person or thing you haven't wanted to cut, really?

Yeah they would have a had a great kid. Do these two have to die, too?! Someone save them, damn it!

I knew it! This gaunt-faced guy is the INSIDE MAN! Damn though, looks like he's never held a gun in his life lmao.

Ep 16 -

Can this guy really eat souls, or is he just crazy? If he can really eat souls, this show isn't really sci-fi anymore.

Come on, Sinon, snap out of it.

Wtf is that? Kirito's diode he had attached that just so happened to he in the right place to block him getting injected with that drug? But why is it a digital item now?

Interesting. They are mixing magic with the guns and stuff from GGO. That has the makings of a good game in and of itself.

Dude, if you guys die, you'll JUST lose your character. MAYBE. It's the people from the Underworld that should be upset. This is literally their lives on the line here.

Damn, well this battle went south. 2000 dove in, but they couldn't stop all these players Critter spammed in. I guess once the Chinese and Korean players dove in, it was too much?

Why are you dropping your sword, Asuna?

SURRENDER?!

SUGO?! NOOOOOO don't bring him up! I was hoping he would have said Kayaba. We could have kept on pretending the Alfheim arc was just filler all this time!

LOL Sugo only got 10 years for all that shit? For imprisoning people and basically being Japanese Dr. Mengele? Ok.

So, I was right and this guy was the inside man. But he wasn't working with Miller's group, per se, just wanted to have a good job in America... and be Administrator's bitch? He said she embodied all his ideals. Was this also the guy who founded the noble line that Cardinal said was unethical?

Oh, AND this guy was the rape slug in ALO. It looked like him and another creeper scientist walked past Asuna and Rinko after the rapisode. I thought maybe they were actually in the Underworld playing as those two guys, but it seems they were AI and not from the real world? Still...

But, if Vic could still do regular voice acting in anime, and assuming this guy's voice would be the same in the real world as it would be in ALO, Vic would be playing this guy. FITTING!

ROFL Code 187, it's on his jacket? So that's his employee tag or something? This guy is Scooby-Doo level.

Kikuouka why the hell were you and Higa not checking into this stuff more closely to see this limiter had been placed on the AI?

Also, neither Kikuoka or Higa were the inside man, which means they really were just that incompetent!

Ichiemon... hmm, well T-800 he ain't lmao.

Vassago tipped off the location of the Laughing Coffin hideout because he wanted to make Kirito, Asuna, and the others all murderers? This guy is demented.

Hmm he has a point. Why would Kirito want to have anything to do with VR after he killed those people? I think Kirito really wouldn't know what to do if he couldn't play VR games. It's ingrained into his life at this point after being stuck in one for 2 years. It's probably like that for the other SAO players too.

POST CREDITS SCENE. Is that the first one SAO ever had?

An SAO server is coming back online?!

Are we going to see Kayaba's AI ghost soon?

Ep 17 -

Man, why don't you guys all just get up and rush Vassago? Will those red guys all really be able to stop you?

Only Klein tried to and got another stab in the back for his trouble.

Who are these two? Are they from the SAO movie? I guess it really is canon, then. And I guess I need to finally watch it.

Infecting the red guys with his murderous intent. How is he doing this? Is he connected to an STL? Without the Dark Knight super account he shouldn't have POWARZ anymore, right? Just like sword skills and stuff.

Well, Vassago, the only people who would really die here are the people from the Underworld. The Japanese players MIGHT lose their accounts. The red guys won't lose anything. Not sure if they are even feeling pain like the Japanese players are.

LOL cured of the evil possession by her idol powers.

Yes, he is a member of Laughing Coffin and a serial killer. Maybe mass murderer would be a better thing to call him. But did you really need to know that to realize this guy is evil and that maybe you shouldn't follow him? Look at his actions up until now. He was beating up a catatonic guy in a wheel chair!

How the hell did Vassago chop off BOTH his arms?

Wow, so did we really get all these teases of these two appearing just for this one fight, where they lost? We saw them as mysterious figures at Liz's speech, Yuna appeared in the first OP, and we had the post credits scene of the SAO server coming on. I guess there is some explanation for that in the movie, of why these two would use the SAO server. Gotta say I expected a lot more from the SAO server coming on. Possibly Kayaba's AI ghost clone.

Their little intervention really did almost feel like filler, though.

LOL so Rinko throws a wrench and startles him and he falls to his death. That's it? So much for the INSIDE MAN LOL.

Sure, a date. You've really got a shot with her dude, hahaha.

The thing from Kirito AGAIN? You shouldn't be giving up anyway, Sinon!

Ah, good thinking, Sinon can still use the powers of the bow with the Hecate gun.

Took off Miller's arm and burned his eye and half his face. But I guess he is still going. Looks like Sinon is stuck, though. But does she need legs if she can fly lol?

Well, Leafa has infinite regeneration and healing, but it doesn't seem to recover her energy. She is getting more and more exhausted. And she can feel the pain from all the injuries inflicted on her. I am surprised she didn't go into shock from being stabbed in the eye. Though I'm not sure how this all works.

Shouldn't the red guys stop attacking since they can see that Leafa has infinite regeneration and healing, and can launch these giant attacks that wipe out whole swaths of them? I mean they are literally acting like videogame enemies right now.

So Leafa's battle cry is that she is the Black Swordsman Kirito's little sister hahaha.

Oh, I guess she did kill all of them lol.

So, Vassago hates Japanese people because his shitty dad forced him to give his half-brother one of his kidneys, or else he would stop supporting his shitty mom? And does he hate Kirito because Kirito looks like his half-brother? LOL. Well, that is... quite a backstory indeed lol.

So Kayaba stopped people from logging out, but not logging in? But if new players log in, they will be stuck too, right? I guess most people wouldn't be big enough idiots try this, except for this guy.

So, PoH is short for Prince of Hell. ...of course. I thought it was reference to Poe, another word for ghost.

Well, all the connections are made. And it's good timing that Asuna, Leafa, and Sinon are all thinking of Kirito right now, AND Kirito needs to wake his ass up right now. Though I'm not really sure how he will make much of a difference with what is going on right now.

And, Eugeo's ghost is here too!

Is Kirito FINALLY going to wake up now? Aaaannnd credits. lol

Ep 18 -

Look at that, Kirito in a school. We've actually never even seen that before lol.

Whose voice is that? Sachi? It's been a long time since I heard that name. Asuna won't be happy if she comes back LOL.

Okay, so this guy actually LOVES Kirito hahaha. He has provided him with lots of entertainment over the years, I guess.

Now whose voice is that? Yuuki? Yes Asuna should get some motivation from her, and also she gave her her special combo move! I don't know if that's what she's using or not. Angel wings. Nice. Fitting of a goddess. The animation has just gone crazy!

What?! Vassago is still going after that? That damn stupid ability of his weapon. He still has a giant hole in his chest though.

Have these past scenes been reanimated?

Yeah, the way you killed Sugo in the game was pretty fucked up, even if he probably deserved it. But still.

Yes Reki, these are all writing decisions you made, and you're going to have to live with him. :P

Kirito's PTSD rearing its head again, and survivor's guilt.

Now Kirito is trying to rip his heart out? Wtf Reki.

So Eugeo is a ghost, or a memory? Is Yuuki the same way?

Wow, Kirito used Eugeo's freezing ability. And I never knew it actually smelled like roses. Cool. I didn't know someone could use someone else's zanpakuto. :P

Wtf was that barrier? And Kirito's arm has regenerated?

Ep 19 -

Dude, if Kirito "kills" the red guys, they won't die. For the umpteenth time, this isn't SAO, dumbass! Again not sure if they will feel pain like the Japanese players, since their characters just shatter instead of the realistic damage the AIs and Japanese players take.

Ghost Eugeo is getting involved again! And the Blue Rose Sword has been restored! See, Kirito didn't care about killing them! Eh, logged them out? Ok lol.

DUAL WEILD KIRITO IS BACK!

Guy is fighting pretty good for having a giant hole in his chest. I guess he is being "reinforced" by the poison.

How the hell is Vassago making clones of himself?

Yuuki's ghost again. Yeah but those players were still pretty dumb to be tricked and manipilated by Vassago, Yuuki.

Hahaha turned him into a tree! Can't say I saw that coming!

I would say just arrest Vassago in the real world, but given he is part of an international mercenary group working on behalf of the NSA, probably not a good chance of that happening.

LOL Klein running in first. Yep Kirito is a spotlight stealer alright lmao.

Aww Asuna.

Trying to turn up the time again. Uhh not sure it could be overridden just by shooting or stabbing the console or whatever he did?

Did Critter mean to turn it up like that or did fucking with the console cause that?

Yeah you are to blame for not noticing the mole and a lot of other things, Kikuoka you dumbass.

Go down to the bulkhead again?!

How is Kirito flying?! Is that the power of the sacred energy or the tree? Or because of Eugeo??

Alice has made it to the world's end alter. Miller caught up already?

NOOOOOO DRAGONS DON'T!

Phew, Kirito just in time.

Ep 20 -

Oh phew, the dragons were saved! But, only by turning them back into eggs?

Kirito should remember to thank Asuna and Sinon for softening up these guys for him. Bercouli, too, for that matter.

That's right, Kirito and Gabriel don't actually know each other.

I have no idea what Gabriel turned into or how, but it looks expensive to animate!

So, Kirito has the Power of Love, Power of Friendship, Asuna, Alice, Eugeo, all his friends, and the whole country behind him.

Nice, Eugeo's ghost picking up the Blue Rose Sword and blocking the attack.

SUCH ANIMATION!

That's right, this guy can't be killed my murderous intent.

SHUT UP ADMINISTRATOR!

Laughing crazily even as he's getting blown up?

So wait just happened. All the Alice logged out, and all the real world people. But Kirito is stuck here for 200 years?! Ah hell, Asuna didn't log out...

Ep 21 -

Eh, so Gabriel actually died from that? I would like to think there should be some consequences to all that craziness. The transformation, battle, and defeat, were probably too much for his soul/fluchtlight.

And now he is being dragged to Hell by Alicia. Fitting, and horrifying!

So after all that, we thought Administrator, then Alice, but it's Kayaba that gets to inhabit the robot?

What about all those people you trapped and killed for your little game, Kayaba?

Rinko, Kayaba is not a good person...

So all of Alice is just in that cube. Don't let the Japanese or U.S. military get it!

This thing was nuclear powered the whole time? The 2011 earthquake and tsunami, followed by the Fukushima power plant disaster, obviously did not happen in this world's history, since Japan moved away from nuclear power after that.

Vassago is still alive? How?!

And yeah 200 years is no big deal as long as it's with Kirito, haha. Enjoy your 200 years of happily ever after!

Ep 22 -

So, again, you're saying that Yui isn't "true" AI? 😧

Eh, so wait, this isn't a hologram? Rath was able to make a fully lifelike android body for Alice? So you're telling me the only hurdle was getting the robots to walk properly?! Even when the second robot still looked like a lean Alphonse?!

Oh well, Alice is wearing a school uniform, that's all that matters!

No, the AIs aren't going to made into weapons, or put into slave labor!

Hahaha what about all the movies and books about AIs annihilating humanity!

Let us open your head to make sure you're human. Haha Alice with the perfect comebacks.

Haha Kirito were the king and queen of Underworld for 200 years! I knew it!

Good to see that they apparently made a peace deal between the Human Empire and the Dark Territory?

LOL Kikuouka faked his death just like Aizen!

No, Kirito you shouldn't have asked for those 2 and a half years to be deleted! You gotta remember the bad with the good!

Alice went right down to the STL room. I guess the press conference was going on on the Ocean Turtle?

Selka is in deep freeze waiting for Alice. T__T

Ok, so the Ocean Turtle has five years worth of nuclear fuel, and then what?

You made a copy of the 200 year old Kirito. And you want him to meet Kayaba's copy? Higa, I think Ian Malcolm would like to have a word with you.

And Kayaba! Fuuuuck him!

Aw, is Alice stuck hanging around the Rath people?

Ep 23 -

Alice had herself shipped there in a box?! LOL.

Alice is the great hope that will change the world? If you say so, Kirito. Hopefully people won't try to capture her. She MIGHT be safer in the Underworld.

Sorry to say Alice, but Kirito isn't a great swordsman in the real world lmao. Suguha maybe. Steel headbutt! Watch it, Kirito has had enough brain damage as it is, Alice!

Oh shit the off screen anime parents are here! But these are actually Suguha's parents, right? Suguha is technically Kirito's cousin and they would be his aunt and uncle. But where has the dad been this whole time?!

So Kirito you are changing your mind about studying in America, running off together with Asuna? You're going to work at the OCEAN TURTLE?

Uhh did I miss something? I didn't realize they weren't able to get back into the Underworld this whole time. Well, that's good they can now, then.

LOL can Asuna come along. Alice not happy about that. Well too bad, Kirito is already taken, Alice!

Yui sleeps, really?

Kayaba is in that robot with his hand on an undersea internet cable? Ok then.

Yeah I'm sure it hasn't changed much in 200 years. Wait WHAT. Underworld has changed from a fantasy RPG to space shooter?!

At least I am glad they weren't being attacked. The girls in those space jets were just fighting that monster. No idea where that thing came from. But this makes me really curious what the planet is like. Of course we didn't get to see it!

So these girls would be descendents of Ronye and Tiese, right? But they know who these three are, and Eugeo? I guess Kirito, Asuna, Alice, and Eugeo are important parts of this civilization's history, haha.

I am annoyed by the 200 year thing though. I wanted to know what was going to happen to the characters after the war was over and peace deal made. Bercouli and Fanatio's child. And I'm sure Sheyta and the pugilist guy had a ton of kids lmao.

I hope there was a method to the madness here. 200 year time skip and Underworld's civilization has already rapidly surpassed the real world's. Whatever it is is being saved for the next arc. Inter-Inteligence War?

KIRITO WILL RETURN.