UnevenEdge

Too many sub folders

The only thing I'd merge back would be the General Discussion folders.

this ain't the ASMB.  This is a board that was initially designed for another purpose entirely.  While I don't mind, especially given the circumstances, giving ASMBers a homey spot to hang out, I'm not going to scrap my own plans and make it ASMB II.

The only thing I'd merge back would be the General Discussion folders.

this ain't the ASMB.  This is a board that was initially designed for another purpose entirely.  While I don't mind, especially given the circumstances, giving ASMBers a homey spot to hang out, I'm not going to scrap my own plans and make it ASMB II.

Yeah, I think Babbling and Rants should be combined into FFA, and politics given its own separate folder. I also think there's too many subfolders elsewhere, but I won't bore you with that.  :P

Look at it like this: How active was the ASMB when it was just AS, site support, GCD, GAD, and Noise? And how active did it become when every AS show under the sun received its own folder?

1.  this ain't the asmb (for about the 90th time)

2.  you're basically making incorrect assumptions about board traffic on the ASMB based on your personal biases, rather than actual facts/knowledge.  More like "I see A, and I see B, and I want it to be C, therefor it is C" type thing.  The traffic decline isn't even a particularly layered or intricate thing to understand:  traffic decreased as they gradually stopped mentioning, advertising, and then ultimately even linking, the board.

3.  This board was originally JUST the news sections (along with a few others that will be brought out as they are ready and as we progress).  I added general stuff for you guys.

basically, I don't mind being generous, but I draw the line at basically upending anything/everything I want to accomplish with my message board to accommodate people who want it to transform into something else that it was never intended to be.

So have fun, post and hang out.

And I will do what I can to make folks feel at home.

But do not expect me to axe all the stuff I want to do just so that we can transform this board into the ASMB.  Cause, just letting ya know, that ain't gonna happen.

1.  this ain't the asmb (for about the 90th time)

2.  you're basically making incorrect assumptions about board traffic on the ASMB based on your personal biases, rather than actual facts/knowledge.  More like "I see A, and I see B, and I want it to be C, therefor it is C" type thing.  The traffic decline isn't even a particularly layered or intricate thing to understand:  traffic decreased as they gradually stopped mentioning, advertising, and then ultimately even linking, the board.

3.  This board was originally JUST the news sections (along with a few others that will be brought out as they are ready and as we progress).  I added general stuff for you guys.

basically, I don't mind being generous, but I draw the line at basically upending anything/everything I want to accomplish with my message board to accommodate people who want it to transform into something else that it was never intended to be.

So have fun, post and hang out.

And I will do what I can to make folks feel at home.

But do not expect me to axe all the stuff I want to do just so that we can transform this board into the ASMB.  Cause, just letting ya know, that ain't gonna happen.

Damn man, I didn't mean to offend. Judging by some of your other posts in this thread, I thought you were open to feedback on the matter, so I gave some. I'm not trying to tell you what to do with your board or anything.