UnevenEdge

some spoiltastic Steven Universe clips from last night's ep **spoilers**

mochi

1 hour ago, mochi said:

yep, the fans who came up with that theory all the way back in season 1 were right

Not sure I like that outcome but I did suspect that mostly cuz from what I watched I never recall them showing another Rose Quartz. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

So they bubbled every Rose Quartz ?

Yes. Pink Diamond posed as a Rose Quartz and the all the actual Rose Quartzes were bubbled because there's no concept of individuality in Gem society; they were all deemed defective and dangerous as the one who committed the act after a "Rose Quartz" shattered Pink Diamond.

We all know Steven; he's gonna be honest with the Diamonds about what happened and who he is, so I'm looking forward to seeing all those Rose Quartzes come out of those bubbles. ^__^

Edited by Lasty

1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

Not sure I like that outcome but I did suspect that mostly cuz from what I watched I never recall them showing another Rose Quartz. 

I'm still not even sure if there ever were other Rose Quartzes....the things bubbled in the Zoo could be decoys like the shards Pink diamond created to fake her own shattering

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mochi said:

I'm still not even sure if there ever were other Rose Quartzes....the things bubbled in the Zoo could be decoys like the shards Pink diamond created to fake her own shattering

But that would imply there had to be other RQs cuz why the decoy if there are none or just one?

technically the only proof other Rose Quartzes existed at all comes from Eyeball Ruby saying Steven's Gem was the wrong color to be a Rose Quartz

Spoiler

I’m still confused as to how RQ aka PD was never detected by the other diamonds  SU was able to feel BDs emotions  how could BD not sense PD?

Just now, mochi said:

technically the only proof other Rose Quartzes existed at all comes from Eyeball Ruby saying Steven's Gem was the wrong color to be a Rose Quartz

I seriously doubt that whatever is bubbled at the zoo is anything other than Rose Quartzes, Pink Diamond obviously wasn't around to poof them because she had faked her own shattering and Blue and Yellow were under the impression that there were Rose Quartz soldiers in those bubbles and there's no one else who could have ordered them to be bubbled? Blue Diamond wanted them to be preserved, and Yellow complained about it. Didn't you watch that episode at all, or... ?

2 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:
  Hide contents

I’m still confused as to how RQ aka PD was never detected by the other diamonds  SU was able to feel BDs emotions  how could BD not sense PD?

it seems not all the diamonds have the same powers

PD's empathy and mind invasion powers seem to be exclusive to her

also....Yellow might have noticed it during the trial

since she made this face

ed263c28532eda9ed22e0363137ed97c9d20fdd6When Steven showed her his Gem

it's possible they never noticed because they were never face to face with rose, they just got second hand accounts of her from Pink

• Like 1

it seems not all the diamonds have the same powers

PD's empathy and mind invasion powers seem to be exclusive to her

also....Yellow might have noticed it during the trial

since she made this face

ed263c28532eda9ed22e0363137ed97c9d20fdd6When Steven showed her his Gem

it's possible they never noticed because they were never face to face with rose, they just got second hand accounts of her from Pink

Oh I thought the face was cuz he’s a human gem

Just now, 1pooh4u said:

Oh I thought the face was cuz he’s a human gem

they never figured out he was a human during the trial, they just thought he was Rose shapeshifted into a weird looking form

then when he showed his gem to Yellow she opened her eyes wide, in confusion and suddenly got nervous and angry and anxious to end the trial right away....she might have recodnized his gem

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Vamped said:

Why does it take so long for these episodes to come out?

because Cartoon network thinks the show will get better ratings if they force the fans to wait years between premiers and then call every new episode a "Special event"

45 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Still not sure if I’m buying this story line.  The Diamonds have Gems at their disposal with the ability of future sight. How do you hide yourself from Gem abilities is my thing 

They've sooorrrta waved this one away lately by saying others that act more spontaneously or unexpectedly negate the future vision. Garnet hasn't been able to predict what Steven's going to do a lot of the time lately, because he's not acting the way she expects.

In a sense, in an ideal gem society, with everyone fitting in and fulfilling their intended designed roles, the future vision probably works out just fine.

While the diamond thing has sorta been heavily implied lately up until the reveal, I was still holding out for something bigger. It was obvious PD wasn't shattered, but I was at least kinda hoping she was secretly bubbled somewhere, like Bismuth, or possibly just living a life of exile who knows where. Mostly I just didn't like how suddenly gems are able to rotate their gem during shape shifting/reforming, something that hasn't been shown at all up until now.

Speaking of, super curious to know how Bismuth would handle this news. And Jasper, for that matter.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rpgamer said:

They've sooorrrta waved this one away lately by saying others that act more spontaneously or unexpectedly negate the future vision. Garnet hasn't been able to predict what Steven's going to do a lot of the time lately, because he's not acting the way she expects.

In a sense, in an ideal gem society, with everyone fitting in and fulfilling their intended designed roles, the future vision probably works out just fine.

While the diamond thing has sorta been heavily implied lately up until the reveal, I was still holding out for something bigger. It was obvious PD wasn't shattered, but I was at least kinda hoping she was secretly bubbled somewhere, like Bismuth, or possibly just living a life of exile who knows where. Mostly I just didn't like how suddenly gems are able to rotate their gem during shape shifting/reforming, something that hasn't been shown at all up until now.

Speaking of, super curious to know how Bismuth would handle this news. And Jasper, for that matter.

we'll know in a couple days.....unless they leave us on a cliff-hanger for 6 months again after this week

10 hours ago, Zenigundam said:

Swat Kats now that was a badass cartoon. Steven Universe is beta BS. No wonder kids nowadays are shimmying and wearing skinny jeans to parties. I don't blame these girls for experimenting when their male suitors don't know what being manly is like. 😏

Oh, to add to my answer to your thread: You have a fucked up notion of what constitutes masculinity. I bet you would punch a baby before you held it.

On 7/4/2018 at 12:53 PM, rpgamer said:

Speaking of, super curious to know how Bismuth would handle this news.

Ok then. I didn't really see that one coming. Like, sure, it's great that it happened. It needed to. But I totally expected Bismuth to be forgotten and written off by now.

2 hours ago, rpgamer said:

Ok then. I didn't really see that one coming. Like, sure, it's great that it happened. It needed to. But I totally expected Bismuth to be forgotten and written off by now.

nah that's Jasper

I took at as some sort of significant that they also dressed opposite of what they've typically been presented as.

I'm just happy Bismuth is back.

My only disappointment was that Lars didn't show up. But since it wasn't exactly the expected "final battle," maybe makes sense.

Also the "event" promotion maybe could've done better about not spoiling so much. The only ads I ever saw were about Yellow and Blue showing up. Maybe could've been better if they were just promoting the wedding. Although, obviously maybe wouldn't have drawn in the viewers just waiting for the plot progression. Kinda the crummy thing about the "events," seem to follow the pattern of 4 light episodes followed by a big reveal, then the wait until the next batch. Which seems to be in regards to the corruption. This could get good. Expecting to see Jasper reformed by the end of that.

Also, Cluster. I know the Diamonds had been bringing it up repeatedly, but I had kinda expected that to be written off, too. Dunno if it was really used to great effect, but oh well.

Also also, while I'm sure it's possible, I find it hard to believe Blue and Yellow were alone on those ships. Where were their Pearls, for one. And surely there would've been at least some extra crew around.

Edited by rpgamer

14 hours ago, rpgamer said:

I took at as some sort of significant that they also dressed opposite of what they've typically been presented as.

I'm just happy Bismuth is back.

My only disappointment was that Lars didn't show up. But since it wasn't exactly the expected "final battle," maybe makes sense.

Also the "event" promotion maybe could've done better about not spoiling so much. The only ads I ever saw were about Yellow and Blue showing up. Maybe could've been better if they were just promoting the wedding. Although, obviously maybe wouldn't have drawn in the viewers just waiting for the plot progression. Kinda the crummy thing about the "events," seem to follow the pattern of 4 light episodes followed by a big reveal, then the wait until the next batch. Which seems to be in regards to the corruption. This could get good. Expecting to see Jasper reformed by the end of that.

Also, Cluster. I know the Diamonds had been bringing it up repeatedly, but I had kinda expected that to be written off, too. Dunno if it was really used to great effect, but oh well.

Also also, while I'm sure it's possible, I find it hard to believe Blue and Yellow were alone on those ships. Where were their Pearls, for one. And surely there would've been at least some extra crew around.

I feel like Ruby wearing the Dress was an FU to all the foreign dubs that claimed she was a boy to cover up the fact that they're lesbians