UnevenEdge

Reboot is being well...Rebooted. And this is bad. Very bad.

Jman

Remember Reboot?  It was notable for being one of very few cartoons to be LESS censored on Toonami (rather than the nightmarish standards of ABC Saturday mornings), as well as ending on one hell of a cliffhanger.

Once again, Netflix has rebooted a series, but they ignored the cliffhanger, and oh, now it stars a bunch of Canadian teenagers.

“It’s gonna blow!”  Actual trailer line.

BARF.

This generic mess would have been better off if it didn't have anything Reboot related slapped on to it like a child licking paper and expecting it to stick to stuff.

"Megabyte" doesn't even sound remotely close to a Tony Jay impersonator (which is probably for the best) and from what I heard, they didn't even bother asking the original series creators for any kind of input.

Edited by 3ngag3
  • Like 1

just watched the trailer 3 things

1. Alan Turing High.............so...............are the the kids gay?........cause Alan Turing was killed for being gay

2. where the fuck are Bob, Dot, the Enzos, AndrAIa, Mouse, Hexadecimal, Surfer, Phong and Hack & Slash?

3. in the original show going into the net would slowly kill and deteriorate sprites, but here they can go into it just fine?

this seems like they're trying to make a fusion of ReBoot and Code Lyoko

latest?cb=20140710095706

Actually Mochi, it’s a reboot of Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad, AKA Gridman.

Except...based Trigger is already rebooting that.

Once again, Trigger does something better than a Netflix cartoon.

Edited by Jman
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jman said:

Actually Mochi, it’s a reboot of Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad, AKA Gridman.

Except...based Trigger is already rebooting that.

Once again, Trigger does something better than a Netflix cartoon.

I was gonna say it looked a little Power Rangery too

5 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

This "Reboot" should have just gone into sleep mode instead. (See what I did there??)

Netflix may be a giant, but how long can they keep producing straight-up crap like this and the Death Note movie before they start to implode??

that's the weird thing about netflix, their success seems to lie more in quantity rather than quality, they can produce TOTAL TRASH, but still turn a profit because frankly Mainstream TV is so stagnant and dead itself, that their stuff seems better than most mainstream TV, despite still being garbage....because there's just so much of it there to watch

26 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

This "Reboot" should have just gone into sleep mode instead. (See what I did there??)

Netflix may be a giant, but how long can they keep producing straight-up crap like this and the Death Note movie before they start to implode??

For every turd, they have something.... gurd...?

Also, the Death Note movie was great. One of the best comedies of 2017.

• Haha 2

supposedly the creators of this "reboot" have admitted they'd never seen the original show and weren't trying to make a sequel but rather are trying to make a completely unrelated series with "elements" of the original

apparently the only elements being Icons and Megabyte and Hexadecimal

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mochi said:

supposedly the creators of this "reboot" have admitted they'd never seen the original show and weren't trying to make a sequel but rather are trying to make a completely unrelated series with "elements" of the original

apparently the only elements being Icons and Megabyte and Hexadecimal

Why the hell?? THen you get a vague concept that is neither faithful OR apart from the original show. Why didn't they just create original villains and change the name!?

On 2/22/2018 at 9:48 PM, PokeNirvash said:

I'd have saved "And this is bad. Very bad." for the actual post.

That said, as someone who's never seen Reboot and has no immediate desire to watch it, I don't care about the revival but feel sorry for those who have to deal with its existence.

Just like the new Hakyu Hoshin Engi anime.

This is about where I'm at as well.  I've never watched Reboot but my God that new show looks bad.