UnevenEdge

Hunter x HunterEpisode 34 Discussion

StarPanda

Time for the show all the voice actors from our Childhood are doing voices in!

I never watched anime as a kid.  I never got into anime until, channel-surfing after getting home from the bars (and maybe a little etcetera), I watched a rerun of FMA in 2006 and I was like "Where was this all my life?"

How is this Snifit wannabe still in the show?  This is what I hate about these long-running shows.  Everything takes far too long.  I lost faith in this show long ago.

I gave it about 10 episodes until I was like... welp this show is a big bag of nothing.

I never watched anime as a kid.  I never got into anime until, channel-surfing after getting home from the bars (and maybe a little etcetera), I watched a rerun of FMA in 2006 and I was like "Where was this all my life?"

Ouch, man.

Well, no worse than my deprived Nintendo-less childhood I guess. T_T

Ouch, man.

Well, no worse than my deprived Nintendo-less childhood I guess. T_T

Well, that's not exactly true.  That was simply my full-dive into anime.

I remember first seeing anime while catching DBZ halfway thru the Buu saga.  I have trouble remembering, I remember Gotenks.  I know for sure that Super Saiyan 3 hadn't happened yet.  What I do remember was that they stopped airing the series after it ended that current run.  Funny thing was was that I was introduced to DBZ through my state's wrestling champ.

I remember Pokemon.  I was Pokemon Blue all the way.  Blastoise FTW.  Though I stopped watching once Gen 2 took hold after Mewtwo Strikes Back.  Though I did play Pokemon Gold.

I also remember Yugioh!  But I stopped watching partway into the Battle City arc.  It took until a few years ago that I finally watched the whole series.

For all of these, I was late middle school thru early high school.  I'm probably dating myself.  I'm sure I'm older than more of you than I'd like.

Well, that's not exactly true.  That was simply my full-dive into anime.

I remember first seeing anime while catching DBZ halfway thru the Buu saga.  I have trouble remembering, I remember Gotenks.  I know for sure that Super Saiyan 3 hadn't happened yet.  What I do remember was that they stopped airing the series after it ended that current run.  Funny thing was was that I was introduced to DBZ through my state's wrestling champ.

I remember Pokemon.  I was Pokemon Blue all the way.  Blastoise FTW.  Though I stopped watching once Gen 2 took hold after Mewtwo Strikes Back.  Though I did play Pokemon Gold.

I also remember Yugioh!  But I stopped watching partway into the Battle City arc.  It took until a few years ago that I finally watched the whole series.

For all of these, I was late middle school thru early high school.  I'm probably dating myself.  I'm sure I'm older than more of you than I'd like.

I see.  So you saw and knew of anime, but it just didn't catch on with you.  I remember hating all anime but DBZ at first.  My fandom slowly grew from that.  To Sailor Moon, Yu Yu Hakusho, Kenshin, Big O, etc... those were the days.

Yugioh is pretty good, actually.  Now that I know what is filler I will surely skip it on my next re-watch!  And I still need to watch/read Season 0!

Heh, I'm 32... fixing to be 33.  S:

Absolutely great icebreaker of a show. I could totally see that show being the one.

Absolutely great icebreaker of a show. I could totally see that show being the one.

Yeah, and it must have been their last airing.  I watched it as Ed confronted Dante.  Then they started from the beginning (which I was psyched for), but stopped at episode 3: Mother.  I was like "Nooooooope!!! No way in Hell am I stopping at that!"  So I went to Amazon and bought the whole series.  And that was the original 13 volume set, which was 4 episodes per disc.

It all branched out from that.

Definitely the best icebreaker.  If there was one show to introduce someone to anime to, I'd choose FMA.

Yeah, and it must have been their last airing.  I watched it as Ed confronted Dante.  Then they started from the beginning (which I was psyched for), but stopped at episode 3: Mother.  I was like "Nooooooope!!! No way in Hell am I stopping at that!"  So I went to Amazon and bought the whole series.  And that was the original 13 volume set, which was 4 episodes per disc.

It all branched out from that.

Definitely the best icebreaker.  If there was one show to introduce someone to anime to, I'd choose FMA.

Nice. :)