UnevenEdge

Nostalgia songs that take you on a feels trip

pail

7 minutes ago, fuggnificent said:

i love that song. good pick bucket dudr

Those few years in the mid to late naughts where screamo and Hot Topic culture was at it's peak. What a great time to grow up.

This next song isn't that old, but I remember running into it before it really blew up.

I like this original video they did before this song blew up and they recorded a music video proper.

It was just such a hauntingly beautiful juxtaposition that related, to me personally anyway, a very sad and at the same time optimistic message. I also discovered this in a place in my life where... Well. I'm glad those days are gone.

While I've always loved this song I've come to appreciate the lyrics and the video a lot more over the years. One of the best middle fingers to the music industry ever, imo. Also the part where the solo kicks in and Corgan is straight up mocking "solo shots" is one of the funniest damn things ever.

• Like 1

Obligatory Chinese cartoon songs:

Next, great song in it's own right but I love how the scenes were constructed around these songs.

I prefer the English dub, because that's what I grew up with, but it's still a great song and a fun sequence.

I remember hmodestg this song on the school bus radio all the time when I was 9 or 10 and I remember one particular cold spring morning deep in the country the smell of those old brown seats and the inside of backpacks and the line "mama works on carburetors" and looking over at this redneck ass kid in shitty jeans who was looking all serious out the window 

It was like modest mouse for elementary school kids

Edited by Nabloom

Just now, Nabloom said:

I remember hearing this song on the school bus radio all the time when I was 9 or 10 and I remember one particular cold spring morning deep in the country the smell of those old brown seats and the inside of backpacks and the line "mother works on carburetors" and looking over at this redneck ass kid in shitty jeans who was looking all serious out the window 

we had one for that...  a parody called "Fuck Virginia"

50 years?

I ain't gonna live that long dammit!

xD

One night back in highschool, was hanging with a buddy. Doing typical teenage shit, smoking pot, looking up weird shit on the internet.

He had his iTunes playlist on shuffle and eventually 'Animal Behaviour' by Praxis came on. The outro is basically what got me into Buckethead. It just floored me.

• Like 1

oh. and i couldnt prove they were in pa unless i had the original flyer.  which i dont, so dont quote me on it. 

but i remember when they got signed and bedford entropy didnt i was legit pissed, and guardrail didnt get signed either and

they were the best hardcore i had ever heard

Edited by mumbojummie13

This song was popular in high school. The last I heard it was in college, and the nostalgia was so strong, I started tearing up. It's been a long time since I've heard it though.

This song was popular I think in my early years of college. After not hearing it for several years, one of the local radio stations started playing it again a little bit recently.