UnevenEdge

apparently they're making ANOTHER Dream Daddy game....kind of

mochi

tumblr_p203qta4CZ1wyl37go1_1280.png

it's apparently a Pansexual dating sim where you're given the option to choose every dateable characters gender so you can make the game purely gay, bi, Pansexual, or Straight, and it's being worked on by some of the same people as Dream Daddy

I guess the reason the dev team of dream daddy ditched the game and stopped updating it is because they all defected to other companies

that said, I still won't play it because I thought Dream Daddy was terrible for....an entire SPECTRUM of reasons that I've already vented more than enough about, but, if anyone is looking for a fun dumb dating sim that's fully customized to your sexual needs, they're making one

edit: turns out you can't customize your gender and your gender is just completely avoided in context

so there's not actually any way to make the game gay because you're forced to play as am implicity non-binary character

edit 2: the dev team have quietly admitted that the game hasn't even actually entered the planning stages yet, it's basically just a vuage concept, and that their earlier claims of the game having a diverse writing team full of Pans and Non-Binary writers was a lie

Edited by mochi

1 minute ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

"where you date office supplies!"

Huh? 

dating insane things seems to be a theme with recent dating sims, like Hatoful boyfriend where you dated....birds

or this upcoming dungeon crawler dating sim hybrid game where you date your weapon

15 hours ago, imchapp.in said:

Between the gimmicky "DATE THIS THING THAT ISN'T A PERSON!" shtick and the pansexual theme, this sounds as cash-grabby and shameless as Dream Daddy.

as it turns out the Player character's Gender is never stated and you can't change that

which bothers me.....

and yes, almost literally everyone who isn't a Dream Daddy fan thinks this game sounds like a shameless cash grab just like Dream Daddy was

12 hours ago, PenguinBoss said:

Hopefully there's some actual fucking in this one.

considering none of the dateables actually exist and the Player character has no established Gender not likely

also there was a single sex scene in Dream Daddy....it's just that after it happens the game slut shames you and you end up forever alone

1 hour ago, mochi said:

as it turns out the Player character's Gender is never stated and you can't change that

which bothers me.....

and yes, almost literally everyone who isn't a Dream Daddy fan thinks this game sounds like a shameless cash grab just like Dream Daddy was

So instead of specializing it for the gender of your character, they pretty much just sterilize it by making your character completely blank slate. Where it didn't even matter if you were pansexual or not because they just slapped on the pandering bs to go with the mechanic that you can date anyone in the game not because of your character's sexuality/gender, but because they didn't bother to program different routes for each gender.

With games like Fate/Grand Order, it makes sense to make the dialogue same per gender because you're not meant to be treated differently in the dialogue for a phone game. Here, they're highly publicizing their laziness as if it makes them feel progressive, and win brownie points for not trying.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, imchapp.in said:

So instead of specializing it for the gender of your character, they pretty much just sterilize it by making your character completely blank slate. Where it didn't even matter if you were pansexual or not because they just slapped on the pandering bs to go with the mechanic that you can date anyone in the game not because of your character's sexuality/gender, but because they didn't bother to program different routes for each gender.

With games like Fate/Grand Order, it makes sense to make the dialogue same per gender because you're not meant to be treated differently in the dialogue for a phone game. Here, they're highly publicizing their laziness as if it makes them feel progressive, and win brownie points for not trying.

on that note, I've got tons of unused character designs so if any of you guys are good writers/programmers I'd be willing to collab with you to make a gay themed Visual novel that's....you know.....actually gay

1 minute ago, mochi said:

on that note, I've got tons of unused character designs so if any of you guys are good writers/programmers I'd be willing to collab with you to make a gay themed Visual novel that's....you know.....actually gay

I know @Sandstone is passionate about programming. Whether or not he deals with graphics I don't know.

• 2 weeks later...

so reffering to The Office Type, the game in the OP

after a lot of pressuring, questioning and Accusations

the development team low key admitted that the game doesn't even really exist yet and that their earlier claims about having a team full of Non-binary and pansexual writers was a load of Bullshit but that they "hope to assemble a team of such writers" by the time it's time for actual development of the game to begin

they also admitted that as of now the two characters previewed "the pen" and "the Pencil" are the only two characters

so yeah The Office Type is just pandering/a cry for attention, it doesn't even (and may never even) exist