UnevenEdge

Where my pepperheads at?

That_One_Guy

19 hours ago, That_One_Guy said:

I freaking LOVE hot stuff :)

sister gave me some chocolate ghost chilis and habaneros from her farm over thanksgiving weekend. i'm not entirely sure what to do with the ghost chilis. i bit the tip off one of them, and it was juuuust a bit past my limit.

2 minutes ago, wacky1980 said:

sister gave me some chocolate ghost chilis and habaneros from her farm over thanksgiving weekend. i'm not entirely sure what to do with the ghost chilis. i bit the tip off one of them, and it was juuuust a bit past my limit.

Make a chili with them. Or just use them very scarcely lol. I've had ghost pepper sauce but not an actual pepper.

The one time I tried a Carolina Reaper, the pain would not go away. I think I'm fine with not eating a ghost or scorpion pepper.

Try doing it without milk in the fridge, no yogurt, and no ice cream, and just suffering through it all night. That was HELL. I'm fine with not trying it's "lesser" cousins on the Scoville scale.

1 hour ago, Gyaos said:

The one time I tried a Carolina Reaper, the pain would not go away. I think I'm fine with not eating a ghost or scorpion pepper.

Try doing it without milk in the fridge, no yogurt, and no ice cream, and just suffering through it all night. That was HELL. I'm fine with not trying it's "lesser" cousins on the Scoville scale.

The pain really stayed with you all night?

14 minutes ago, That_One_Guy said:

The pain really stayed with you all night?

It was close to bed time and I was a stupid kid. It rolled in my stomach to the point where I couldn't sleep.

Of course, if I had to do it again, I would be more prepared.

Spicy is great. I've got a ton of hot sauces to give my food a kick, but I can always appreciate a fresh jalapeno, habanero, and scotch bonnet. Haven't tried some of the daredevil peppers like ghost peppers or reapers, but I've had the Samyang ramen that people often eat in challenges. Sure wasn't comfortable to eat, but it was fun to give it a go.