UnevenEdge

Hunter x Hunter Episode 76 Discussion

wallpaper_17_hunter_x_hunter___gon_killu·       

Reunion × And × Understanding (サイカイ×ト×リカイ, Saikai × to × Rikai)

Japan Air Date: April 21st, 2013

English Airdate: December 10th, 2017 at 1:00am

Adapted from:

Chapter 1 p.14-17, 19-20

Chapter 185 p.12-15

Chapter 186 p.1-3

Opening Song:

"Departure! -second version-"

Ending Song:

"Nagareboshi Kirari"

Previously on Hunter x Hunter:

Greed Island's final chapter aired before us and featured a in-game quiz competition which Gon, Killua, and Bisky all took place in. Gon himself ends up with the highest score which allows him to enter Game Master's Castle. Upon entering said Castle Gon meets up with two game masters, Dwun and List. 

Hunter-x-Hunter-2011-Episode-75-19.png?r

This game master duo awards Gon with the very last card in the game, #0  "Ruler's Blessing" and allow him to choose three cards that he can bring back to the real world. After each of the three pick a card for themselves (Bisky is especially happy to get hers #81 "Blue Planet"), Gon and Killua give their emotional goodbyes to Bisky.

Hunter-x-Hunter-2011-Episode-75-33.png?r

Then Gon and Killua use Accompany to travel to "Nigg," the name listed. Then they appear in a foggy forest like place, with a figure leaning on a tree, fishing. Gon and Killua look in amazement thinking they have finally found Ging at last, but have they?

Join us for Hunter x Hunter tonight as we enter the world of the Chimera Ant arc.

6iWdDIw.gif

Let's hang out and watch a little Hunter x Hunter

Only on Toonami 

Edited by AnimationFan14
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Blatch said:

Here we fucking go, baby. :o

Ugh DADDY LIKE!  GIVE it to me!!! <3

But like all things in this anime, the tone will be shifting into darkness a bit slower. Let's just say that when this arc was first airing in Japan, it was the most popular arc in it, and it's also the LONGEST arc!! 

1 minute ago, elfie said:

http://toonamifaithful.com/toonami-this-is-how-we-get-ants/

This contains LIGHT HINTING spoilers (very broad story elements)... so anyone annoyed by those types won't read the the second-to-last paragraph! But this explains WHY I am so excited that this arc is finally starting on Toonami dubbed!

Agreed! It's nice to get into an arc that shows improvement for its characters.

• Like 1

if Gon ever does find Ging I hope he punches Ging and tells him he's a horrible father

then Killua comforts Gon and it cuts to them as an old married gay hunter couple years in the future

Edited by mochi
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, mochi said:

if Gon ever does find Ging I hope he punches Ging and tells him he's a horrible father

then Killua comforts Gon and it cuts to them as an old married gay hunter couple years in the future

As far as I know from unintentional spoilers I encountered,

Gon does meet Ging, but the reunion is one-sided. Gon has tears of happiness, and his dad's like "Oy, so you found me? I guess that's cool." So yeah, he's a shitty dad.