UnevenEdge

Naruto Shippuden Episode 140 Discussion

"For decades, I cultivated a gaseous bloodline that would culminate in Naruto.  His noxious farts were all a part of my plan!"

the funny thing is the tear gas farts were a filler thing

they're based on a SINGLE SCENE where Naruto farted during a fight with Kiba, and because Kiba was using a Jutsu that made his sense of Smell hyper Powerful he couldn't stand the smell

but the filler behaves as if naruto just naturally farts plumes of tear gas

the funny thing is the tear gas farts were a filler thing

they're based on a SINGLE SCENE where Naruto farted during a fight with Kiba, and because Kiba was using a Jutsu that made his sense of Smell hyper Powerful he couldn't stand the smell

but the filler behaves as if naruto just naturally farts plumes of tear gas

Really?  So the thing with him drinking sour milk and being stuck in the toilet was filler? :D

OH MY GOD THIS IS FUCKING RETARDED!

So all the Uchihas were traitors bent on coup d'etat?  Everyone?  Every single ninja?  Every man, woman, and child?  Even the civilians and children that Itachi killed?

Pretty much.

This whole "plot-twist" (more like retcon) is done to put itachi in a sympathetic light, but it's just too damn god-awful too work after everything we've heard.

So, I guess Kishimoto has had this plot twist planned at least since the big Naruto and Sasuke fight at the end of Part 1.  If he knew the other giant statue facing Senju was Madara, I guess.  Either way, this is mind-bogglingly, mind-numbingly, infuriatingly idiotic.

Really?  So the thing with him drinking sour milk and being stuck in the toilet was filler? :D

actually the food poisoning was canon

(it was in classic naruto, he had asked Sakura on a date but had food poisoning and kept having to run to the bathroom thus ruining their date)

but Naruto naturally being a human bag of tear gas was filler

Pretty much.

This whole "plot-twist" (more like retcon) is done to put itachi in a sympathetic light, but it's just too damn god-awful too work after everything we've heard.

Good lord.

And what the fuck is the point of making Itachi look sympathetic, anyway?  I didn't think it was possible, but Kishimoto ruined an already pretty shitty story!

actually the food poisoning was canon

(it was in classic naruto, he had asked Sakura on a date but had food poisoning and kept having to run to the bathroom thus ruining their date)

but Naruto naturally being a human bag of tear gas was filler

Oh okay, haha.  Yeah guess the toilet thing wasn't technically "farting", haha.

I mean, I didn't like the way the show was going, but I wouldn't have called it utter trash at that point. Mediocre, maybe.

But now it's trash.

Well I was like OH FUCK as soon as I realized Sasuke wouldn't be brought back in one arc and that this would be a thing going for the whole series, with him being a villain and "rescuing Sasuke" being one of the series end goals.  Bleh.  But yeah, things could still be decent with the non-Sasuke-centered stuff, I guess... BUT NOW X_X

So, I guess Kishimoto has had this plot twist planned at least since the big Naruto and Sasuke fight at the end of Part 1.  If he knew the other giant statue facing Senju was Madara, I guess.  Either way, this is mind-bogglingly, mind-numbingly, infuriatingly idiotic.

Not necessarily. That just means those two characters were conceived, but that whole plot twist with Itachi screams like something added at a whim.

i don't mind the coup d'etat plot twist. i thought it was pretty interesting that the Uchiha clan were up to something shady. and honestly, I started suspecting it when Taka went to that cat-filled Uchiha weapons depot. why was it outside of the village, i wondered.

but i thik Kishi could have included the coup d'etat without making Itachi a sympathetic martyr. just because someone kills an evil person doesn't mean that first person isn't also another kind of evil.

i always figured Itachi was just looking out for Sasuke, giving him tough love to make him stronger and bullshitting with all that "hate me" stuff. but i still thought he was a villain. just a villain who happened to worry about his weak little brother. making him a pure-hearted hero really just pissed me off and, imo, ruined his character's appeal.

Not necessarily. That just means those two characters were conceived, but that whole plot twist with Itachi screams like something added at a whim.

Oh yeah, true.  Itachi thing definitely screams random asspull, and a purposeless one, at that. 

I wonder if Madara was always going to be "still alive" or if that was an asspull, as well.  The whole writing of that made no sense.  Madara pretends to be a doofus to fool... his subordinates?  Why?  Up until then, Tobi had never even interacted with the heroes of the series.  Then Kishimoto has him go back into Tobi mode for the Leaf Ninjas after we've already seen the reveal of him as Madara... and then be all SURPRISE I'M SUPER EVIL MADARA to them.  That was all completely ass-backwards.

Oh yeah, true.  Itachi thing definitely screams random asspull, and a purposeless one, at that. 

I wonder if Madara was always going to be "still alive" or if that was an asspull, as well.  The whole writing of that made no sense.  Madara pretends to be a doofus to fool... his subordinates?  Why?  Up until then, Tobi had never even interacted with the heroes of the series.  Then Kishimoto has him go back into Tobi mode for the Leaf Ninjas after we've already seen the reveal of him as Madara... and then be all SURPRISE I'M SUPER EVIL MADARA to them.  That was all completely ass-backwards.

You're gonna be even more fucking confused once that whole tidbit reveals itself, but due to spoilers I won't tell you anymore. But trust me - it's convoluted nonsense.

i don't mind the coup d'etat plot twist. i thought it was pretty interesting that the Uchiha clan were up to something shady. and honestly, I started suspecting it when Taka went to that cat-filled Uchiha weapons depot. why was it outside of the village, i wondered.

but i thik Kishi could have included the coup d'etat without making Itachi a sympathetic martyr. just because someone kills an evil person doesn't mean that first person isn't also another kind of evil.

i always figured Itachi was just looking out for Sasuke, giving him tough love to make him stronger and bullshitting with all that "hate me" stuff. but i still thought he was a villain. just a villain who happened to worry about his weak little brother. making him a pure-hearted hero really just pissed me off and, imo, ruined his character's appeal.

Yeah but it was total scorched earth policy.  Itachi didn't spare anyone.  We know how they have those Anbu and spies and shit, surely the Leaf Village knew which Uchihas were up to no good.  So we're to believe they all were, then, or the Leaf leaders are just about on part with Central 46.  And what "leaders" is Madara talking about?  I thought the Hokage pretty much had ultimate power to do whatever they want.

True.

He never came off that way to me.  Even the "happy times" they show with Sasuke and Itachi portray Itachi as a distant, emotionless prick who just sees his little brother as a disappointment and a nuisance.  He was always shooing him away and poking him in the forehead.  None of that came off as "tough love" or that he cared about Sasuke. 

Though I guess you have a point that this plot twist could've still been salvaged, have the Uchihas be bad, and we learn the Leaf Village isn't so squeaky-clean with their scorched earth policy on the Uchihas (I just find it impossible to believe that every single last one agreed with the coup), but Itachi is no better just for having killed some treasonous ninja... eeehhhh it could work, maybe.  Of course, Kishimoto mangled it.  Still not sure why he wanted to make Itachi more sympathetic, though.  And I was fine with this whole plot point as it was.  But, ah well.