UnevenEdge

Trunks Thread 19.1: A New New Frontier

PokeNirvash

Why? Because Max probably deserves  it after all his friends got fired.

12:00 - Dragon Ball Super #96 - The Time Has Come! To the Null Realm with the Universes on the Line!! - TV-14LV

12:30 - Sword Art Online: Alicization: War of Underworld #18 - Memories - TV-14LV
1:00 - Fire Force #30 - The Time to Choose - TV-MA
1:30 - Assassination Classroom #15 - End-of-Term Time - TV-14

2:00 - Gemusetto: Death Beat(s) #11 - G13 - TV-MALV

2:15 - Gemusetto: Death Beat(s) #12 - Ab7#11 - TV-MALS

2:30 - Naruto Shippuden #322 - Madara Uchiha - TV-PG
3:00 - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba #9 - Temari Demon and Arrow Demon - TV-MAV

And also because /co/ is jerks.

Edited by PokeNirvash
  • Like 1

Redundant post is redundant.

SAO ALICIZATION - Okay, I knew ahead of time that this season was gonna have context-free cameos from Ordinal Scale (a.k.a. the SAO movie that nobody here watched except for maybe Ben) but I did not expect them to come this early, and to have that many equally context-free spoilers attached to them. Speaking nothing of the show temporarily turning into Macross for a few minutes... And yet that's just part of the reason this episode was the most frustrating thing I've experienced this year since earlier today when I had to drive to OfficeMax to replace one of the gel pens I planned on using to handwrittenly log all the anime I'm watching in 2021. The continued horrendously edgy "protags on the losing side" presentation, Vassago's casual racism over being forced to donate a kidney, Klein literally getting stabbed in the back... I'm amazed that I was able to handle the Aincrad Arc, Super AIDS, and the two minutes of sexual assault (truncated), and yet this is the closest I've ever come to genuinely hating SAO as a concept. Geez, no wonder Angel wiped her memory of that episode the moment it ended... If tonight's venture into Kirito's inner mind theatre is somehow worse than this, I think I'm gonna start drinking for every subsequent episode I watch. Also, Higa and Rinko should just bang already.

FIRE FORCE - This episode, on the other hand, was quite fun. The plan to extinguish all the flames and Infernals in one go was great, and I got a kick out of Obi's suckage at shooter arcade games being the big obstacle to the Fire Force's success. :D It also raised the question of, if rock is a dead genre in the Fire Force universe, does music even exist at all outside of Karim's ice tuba? The only flaw here was having to see Inca, Charon and Shinra smiling like madmen back-to-back-to-back. That damn abundance of slasher smiles is probably my main gripe with Fire Force, when it really comes down to it.

ASS CLASS - Don't have a whole lot to say here, since I watched this episode three weeks ago, but I am starting to warm up to Terasaka for more than just his "fuck main campus" attitude.

GEMUSETTO - Y'know, I could watch the last four episodes in one go since they've already aired (and I accidentally spoiled the ending for myself on Twitter), but I think I'm gonna watch them with their rebroadcasts instead. I started Death Beat(s) on Toonami, and I'm gonna finish it on Toonami, even if the recordings are technically from [as] proper.

SHIPPUDEN - And we're back to canon. Can't wait to see Madara Uchiha (the real Madara Uchiha, that other Madara Uchiha is just imitating) bust some heads.

Edited by PokeNirvash

All I remember from last time is hating Sword Art even more.

Sword Art- I straight up have no memory of what's going on. Bryce finally gets to earn a paycheck this week. Yes walk into that dark creepy alley. Who? MINDTAKER, OOWEEOOO. Should I give a shit who this kid is? Oh hey, lesbian AIDS ghost. Honestly we should all just be grateful that Asuna gets to do anything at all anymore. Kirito was too good and perfect and he's just mad that he didn't get to fuck him. Please kill the fluctlights. This is a lot less dramatic when you remember that it's all a video game. Thanks, magic lesbian AIDS ghost! Silly girl, you know only Kirito is allowed to defeat the villain. You nerds are all in a video game, goddamn go outside for a change. Oh, this was those idiots he let die back in the day. I forgot that they seriously used "beater" as an insult for beta players and how stupid that was. I'm fine watching Kirito suffer through his inner mind PTSD theater. Suffer for my amusement, bitch boy. You're right, you're terrible and we hate you. Send in his weird fake virtual daughter. Hey there, guy who's literally just an NPC in a video game. Oh no, her character might die in this video game that they're playing. Fuck it, after what like 14 seasons of this super coma bullshit, I'll take whatever crap Kirito's gonna pull. I don't even remember how long he's been missing that arm. I still have no idea what any of this has to do with Alice.

Fire Force- I don't think we're topping last episode when my boyfriends hit a fire demon with a truck. Just let them have her, she's awful. I'm kinkshaming this bitch. And nothing of value was lost. You're a good friend but very stupid. I hate her. Hey there Captain Sexy. Ya did good, kids. Aww, at least the random citizens are nice. Whelp, that's a bummer. Honestly they did pretty good considering there were like 40 monsters running around. I'm glad we can keep the Ice Tuba around because that thing cracks me up. I have no idea who these fancy guys are. Oh fuck me here comes the unnecessary fanservice. Hiii Vulcan. I still don't trust Creepy Science Dandy. I forgot Joker existed. I'm surprised we didn't get the murder hell volcanoes in 2020. Welcome to China, I guess. Oh good, their cute friend is here. I do love potatoes. I almost didn't recognize him without his hats.

Ass Class- Squid sensei is still best teacher. I hate that kid. GUN. :D These clones. Oh dang now that's a real reward. Suuure the principal doesn't want them to fail. Oh they fuckin. So the principal is really kneecapping their class to maintain the status quo even though it risks ending the entire world. I feel the urge to bully these nerds for their lunch money. They're definitely getting screwed out of that premium study spot. This family is terrible but they do have some sweet evil music. Puddings of the World is an extremely important textbook. Fuck you, nerds! Just stab them. This contract sounds like a real bad idea. It's gonna be fun watching them lose to the reject class. Force them to switch you classrooms. I'm sure this is gonna go just great for you and your dickbag father. You should have just let the Vocaloid take the test. Good luck, kids! HAMMER.

• Like 1

It really doesn't get any worse than when two characters we've never heard of show up like we're expected to know all about who they are (and maybe also care). Not all of us watching are SAO superfans, A-1!

SAO ALICIZATION - Well, it was easier to watch than last episode, but still a chore for someone less stubborn. I expressly blame Vassago being way too overpowered for this. At least Yuuki's spirit showing up to help out Asuna was a more appreciable character cameo than the two movie-original literally whos, and that seeing Kirito wreck Oberon in his inner mind theater was neat, if you ignored his Wangst about it. And let it be known that SAO's original sin, personally, was advertising Sachi as a regular character only to kill her off the episode she was introduced. At least Silica and Lizbeth managed to survive their debuts in the limelight...

FIRE FORCE - Oh wow, between Sho's crying and hat guy from the 1st losing his arm, I really don't remember season 1 as well as I think I do. Good thing this season's here to give me the opportunity to correct those mistakes. Inca joining up with the White Clad was unfortunate but predictable, and I look forward to seeing what the world beyond Japan has to offer, especially since there are actually people living in the charred ruins of the rest of the world.

ASS CLASS - Man, fuck main campus up the ass (except Shindo, he's pretty cool), and fuck Kunudon so hard he splits in two. I will admit that the principal's son knowing there's more to E Class than his old man's letting on is a neat throughline, and I hope the show keeps up with that. Considering next episode follows up from this one, I expect that plot to keep itself up.

GEMUSETTO - Nyan Nyan Fucking Kitty Maid. All the proof needed that Gemusetto is an anime parody (or at least trying to be) right there. Bendy Rivers was one of my consistent favorites in the first season, and I'm glad to see he returned.

SHIPPUDEN - You can't go wrong with the atypical Pierrot sakuga episode. I was expecting Madara kicking the Allied Shinobi Force's collective asses, yeah, but the whole "double meteor" thing coming this early was a pleasant surprise. Sometimes I feel the filler is there to make the dramatic jumps in the story hit all the harder.

• Like 1

Different studio. Different setting. Different plot motivation. Same ol' Titan.

12:00 - Dragon Ball Super #97 - Survive! The "Tournament of Power" Begins at Last!! - TV-PGLV

12:30 - Attack on Titan: The Final Season #1 - The Other Side of the Sea - TV-MA

1:00 - Sword Art Online: Alicization: War of Underworld #19 - Awakening - TV-14DLV
1:30 - Fire Force #31 - Road to the Oasis - TV-MA
2:00 - Assassination Classroom #16 - School's Out/1st Term - TV-14L

2:30 - Gemusetto: Death Beat(s) #13 - play to D.C. al Coda - TV-MAL

2:45 - Gemusetto: Death Beat(s) #14 - al Fine - TV-MAL - END

3:00 - Naruto Shippuden #323 - The Five Kage Assemble - TV-PG
3:30 - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba #10 - Together Forever - TV-MAV

Also different designation because reasons only I would understand and/or care about.

I know people complain about MHA always starting a season with a recap episode but damn if those things don't come in handy.

Titan- I have no memory about what happened last season except for Erwin dying and Levi kicking in a door. Should I know who these people are? That's how I feel too, Falco. Marley's Next Top Warrior sounds like a terrible show. This is the final season because they've accepted that they'll never top that first OP. I don't know if the Eldians and Marley are the same people or not and at this point I'm afraid to ask. LOTS AND LOTS OF TRAIN. This random soldier guy is cute and thus he is going to die. This general sure is racist. Okay I kinda like this girl. This is totally not a trap. Man you guys are really bad at this guard thing. Oh hey, an actual titan in this show. I thought Reiner died. Falco is a good boy. Everyone is racist. :D Okay the titans changing mid-fall and just hitting the ground is unreasonably funny to me. Reiner's on their side so I'm just assuming they're the  villains. Oh, there's that douchebag. I only have the faintest idea what just happened.

Sword Art- Once again, let's all take a second to remember that this is all inside a goddamn video game. I can't believe this show actually got me to hope Kirito wins a fight. You're all in a video game and the red players literally have no reason to care if they die. Oh what now. Just like Asuna's lesbian AIDS ghost girlfriend, Kirito gets his dead ghost boyfriend to help him. "He logged them out" okay so you schmucks actually do realize this is just a goddamn game that normal people don't take as life-or-death. Let's just pretend this makes sense because I don't give enough of a fuck to pick it apart. He used all that power to transfigure his outfit into his regular generic one. Yes everybody take a minute to suck his dick for being the best. Wasn't that hole already there? He Fern Gully'd him. And then magic rain, because why the hell not. Klein is best girl. Black Seitz has to suffer the curse of continuing to live in this series. What the fuck happened to Alice anyways? I continue to hate the word fluctlight more every time I hear it. Why would you even program this like that? I literally have no clue what a single goddamn word of this means. Why can you people not just log all remaining players out from your own computer? Alice isn't a real person, you dumb fuck. "My final order is for these dragons to get laid." Oh what the fuck now. Do they even know who each other is?

Fire Force- Hit more demons with trucks and I'll never complain again. These idiots are fun. Don't eat dirt, boys. :D HOWDY Y'ALL. These accents are cracking me right the hell up. That map sure isn't suspicious at all. And then everyone was on drugs. Uh you might wanna not blow up random rocks. Evil rock is watching you. And then this happened. Oh my god it's an adorable talking mole. Oh shit he's the tater thief. Taters are serious business. Oh cool, he gets a fire hover board. Please let Vulcan meet this talking mole. High five! No leave the nice mole alone. Oh no, help him find his friends. REVELRY IN THE DARK. He makes mole puns too, I would die for him. Oh those evil red lights sure look ominous. Ohhhh, that's terrifying. I got a bad feeling about this. Well, that's different. The plot, it thickens. FIRE DOGGOS. Awww mole, let me hug you.

Ass Class- Good luck kids, do your best. The Minotaur of final exams is indeed a terrifying monster. Aww the science monster is nice. I am uncomfortable with the naked science monster. I love these kids. If Karma loses, he'll just stab you. I'm proud of you, kids. Eat shit, main class. Time for Karma to kill someone. Squid's got you there, stabby boy. "You suck and you're a failure, son." Damn, Sensei just dragged this kid to death. I still hate that boy who looks 40. I am genuinely surprised he didn't come in dead last. Fuck you, home ec is hard. I hope their prize is getting to punch them all in the dicks. Remember, loopholes are your friends. I agree, I'm more distracted by her tits. Aww, the fake girl likes him. You set yourself up to fail, everyone loves an underdog story. Now that's a book. I hope this class trip goes better than the last one. Awwww, they're real assassins now.

• Like 1

ATTACK ON TITAN - It's certainly jarring, going from Paradis by WIT to the mainland by MAPPA, but this four-years past introduction to the enemy side, complete with Titan use in warfare scenarios, certainly grabs the eye and set a pretty damn good precedent for the rest of the season to follow (I hope). Just wish the show wasn't so brazenly racist towards the Eldians, but I guess that's what needs to be done, to paint Marley as someone you wanna root against (selectively).

SAO ALICIZATION - I'd piss a lot of people off by saying that now that Kirito's back, this show's gotten comparatively good again, so I won't. Instead, I'll say it's gotten comparatively decent again. Lotta ridiculous stuff still, but nothing too "ow the edge" for me. Kirito pulling a Josuke and turning Vassago into a tree was hardcore, and something I feel the bastard deserves. I'm gonna miss his jazzy theme music, though, and the final showdown with Gabriel's just gonna be lame by comparison anyways. His deal was way more worth caring about when he was Vecta than as Subtilizer. And that's just one more reason why he sucks.

FIRE FORCE - I'll be honest with you, this is easily the most consistently enjoyable Fire Force has ever been. New locale, unique setpieces, characters acting stoned out of their minds, talking animals that aren't as freakishly out of place as they should, no annoying character quirks (I've fully come around to Arthur's knight king shtick), and so much more I can't describe right now because I'd be going on a tangent and I'm trying to do that less. The unfortunate thing is, once we get back to Tokyo, it can only go downhill from here. Unless Minamikawa (the new director) learned from Yase's (the old director) past mistakes, otherwise I'm just gonna keep my hopes reserved until then.

ASS CLASS - I was fearing E Class was gonna lose again, but I'm glad they managed to pull out an overall victory this time. I don't know what I like more: the class delinquents studying the shit out of the home ec curriculum just to satisfy a loophole Koro-sensei was hoping no one would notice, or Karma finally experiencing the pain of humility by getting a B on the math portion. :D I really enjoy this show more than Main Campus's infinite unlikability suggests I should, and I look forward to seeing where the rest of this season, and the whole of the second, go from here.

GEMUSETTO - All in all, it wasn't great. Sure, my shotgunning the first season twice - once when it premiered, again before season 2 - allowed me to appreciate it better than the cynical shitbags on /co/ and in this forum, it worked as a decent redemption story for Makasu, there were little things I liked all throughout, and though the ending was predictable by my own fault (thanks, fireworks safety video on Twitter) it was still appropriate and left the door open for a potential threequel (where Makasu is his childhood friend's 12-years-in-the-womb baby, I guess?). Plus Makasu's posse surviving to the end (minus Bendy Rivers; poor Bendy Rivers) was a nice surprise! But even then, I totally understand how it can be seen as awkward and unfunny (subjectively speaking) by others, to the point where I even felt that way myself (now you know why I dislike reading negative reviews of things), and it could've used a little breathing room like its predecessor. I'd watch it again, but not anytime soon. 7.5/10. It doesn't look that damning on the surface, but if you know my grade school grading standards, then you too would understand.

SHIPPUDEN - Eh, not much to say this week. I legit don't remember Tsunade's forehead marking ever giving her the ability to self-heal, or at least that ability seeing use in earlier moments, but that would explain why she only went into a coma after Pain's attack instead of straight-up dying like so many others. It also might explain (albeit less so) why Sakura has one of her own in Boruto. I'm guessing she gets one at some point later on.

[hats]

• Like 1

The evil Kilokhan lives inside computer circuits! With the help of Malcolm Frink, he creates Megavirus Monsters to attack electronic systems! Meanwhile, a freak accident turns Sam Collins into Servo! His friends join forces in their samuraized attack vehicles! Together, they transform into... the SUPERHUMAN SAMURAI SYBER-SQUAD!

In America, that is. In Japan, they do things a little different.

12:00 - Dragon Ball Super #98 - Ah, the Uncertainty! A Universe Despairs!! - TV-14LV

12:30 - Attack on Titan: The Final Season #2 - Midnight Train - TV-14L

1:00 - Sword Art Online: Alicization: War of Underworld #20 - The Night-Sky Blade - TV-14LV
1:30 - Fire Force #32 - Smoldering Malevolence - TV-MA
2:00 - Assassination Classroom #17 - Island Time - TV-14DLS 😘
2:30 - SSSS.GRIDMAN #1 - Awakening - TV-PGV

3:00 - Naruto Shippuden #324 - The Unbreakable Mask and the Shattered Bubble - TV-PGV
3:30 - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba #11 - Tsuzumi Mansion - TV-14V

Edited by PokeNirvash

Well that was awesome.

Titan- I have no idea who these people are but I'm expecting them to get killed. Oh, it's this asshole. Oh hey, it's the cute guy. I hate Zeke. Levi is a bigger threat than the titans. Boooo the lesbian died. Who's this girl? I don't care about most of these kids. You okay there Reiner? Shut up, drunky. Don't be a dick, Reiner. This is going way too well for them, someone has to die in the next 10 minutes. Hahaha, let's set off these soldiers' PTSD for giggles! "One of them started eating a potato" oh no, the horror. I really love that Sasha being a dumbass is his proof that they're evil. I wouldn't trust any tea he's giving out. Show me the Warhammer. He totally didn't plan this "secret" speech just to fool the people listening. Okay it's been two episodes and I haven't gotten to see Levi and/or Mikasa kill anything yet, let's get this shit going.

Sword Art- Asuna, a physical god in this universe, still gets winded creating a janky set of stairs. How are you fucking up already you've been awake for like 20 minutes. I know I'm not lucky enough to watch them kill each other but I can still hope. I've read that secret porn chapter, I'm not surprised he only needs three minutes. So will this guy not get stuck too if he stays there? Yes Kirito, you're terrible and we hate you. I do enjoy seeing Kirito suffer. Wait, where did his legs go? Meanwhile, the rest of the harem continue to be worthless. Do his other friends not have to get out in time too or are we just not supposed to care? I guess the giant war is just over now. I care even less about the B-tier harem girls than I do the main ones. What the fuck is going on? Is everyone really just sending magic love wishes to Kirito so he can beat this guy? Please let's just get this over with and move on. Thanks, evil naked skank ghost who killed my best friend! Oh hey, he's back. Good job, you defeated his video game character. Oh, I guess everybody else does just get to log off normally. So did he run out of time and get stuck here until his soul dies or what? Cry harder, bitch boy. Asuna is dumber than I expected.

Fire Force- "Smoldering malevolence" is a good description of my personality. I don't trust this lady but it was nice of her to help all the animals. Oh, that ain't normal. Bye, creepy science Dandy. The fire spears are cool. I like the fire doggies. I don't think they're supposed to talk. Oh right, that one guy was a talking infernal. That is probably not a good thing. Does the mole keep changing size or is it just me? I don't like this guy. It's a demon, you gotta hit it with a truck. If this mole gets hurt they can go ahead and destroy the world. Aw shit it's a trap. This could be going better. "All I want is for death to take me" is how we all feel after 2020. Time for rock? And then Shinra broke. Gonna go out on a limb here and assume the Evangelist is the one who helped the animals. :D I love how Arthur of all people figured out it was pi.

Ass Class- :D I love this mascot. Summer debauchery! You keep those bugs the hell away from me. I like the fancy stag beetle. The insect-to-hot babe ratio has failed you. Why are so many of you kids into bugs? Beetle Koro is cracking me up. You can also catch me by leaving out the right kind of porn. Uhhh I don't think that's how the circle of life works. I respect this weird little pervert. Oh hey, he caught one. Oh, it's a fancy bug. I love bitch sensei. Just a quick trip to Mt Everest, no big deal. The porn subplot is the funniest goddamn thing. Aww, they impressed the super great assassin guy. The top assassin calls himself T    he Reaper, that's not cliche at all. Is the technique hitting your target in the dick and killing him while he's distracted? Y'all might wanna attack him while he's seasick. I'm glad they're having fun. :D Fish Koro. Helloooo bitch sensei. Oh my god get better sunscreen. It's gonna hurt when they eventually kill him.

Gridman- She seems to like you, just go with it. Remember who you are, Simba. Okay then, he's crazy. GODZILLA. Insurance is the true villain here. Mostly I just feel bad for this kid. I like that the one girl is wearing a mask. Oh no, they're in E-class. Aww, he has a friend. RIP sandwich. Well that guy playing with a knife and making kaiju arts and crafts sure seems ominous. Maybe you're just crazy and there's nothing on the computer. And then Godzilla. Okay if you're dumb enough to run towards the giant monster then you kinda just deserve to die. On the bright side, no more school. AWAKEN, MY MASTER. Defunct electronics are indeed terrifying. Congratulations you're Pacific Rim now. Defending the city, destroying the city, same thing. Okay this is awesome. The hell is inside that thing? "The fuck just happened, y'all?" Can they see Gridman now? Guess not. Huh, school's fixed.

ATTACK ON TITAN - I can't believe it took me this long to realize Gabi and Reiner were related. I mean, they have the same last name, I should've seen this coming before now! Still, this show makes a convincing argument both for and against the "good" Eldians, at the same time impressively enough. There's just something darkly humorous about Reiner telling the potato story in a way that paints Sasha as anything but the well-meaning dumbass she is.

SAO ALICIZATION - Kirito's last-second power-up was so hokey and ridiculous, but after the movie OC cameos, I'm willing to take whatever SAO throws at me now. Still, glad Gabriel got beaten with only three episodes to spare, and here's to hoping Kirito and Asuna's couple of centuries stuck in Underworld don't go to any ridiculous amounts of waste. (If 200 years' worth of semen don't make a glopping noise at the end of this, I'm going to be massively disappointed.)

FIRE FORCE - When I saw all those numbers and Science Dandy mentioned "random sequences", I considered it being the digits of pi, but wrote it off as too generic. Yet here goes Fire Force, being as predictable as I thought it'd be, and I love this show for it. Also, random thought: Tamaki hasn't fallen victim to the Lucky Lecher Lure once since the China arc started, does this mean it only takes effect whenever she's on Japanese soil?

ASS CLASS - The best parts about this episode were, in order: the lack of any main campus dorks, Kunudon dropping an F-bomb over E Class going to Okinawa, Hellabitch's outfits, Koro-sensei looking like the whitest man in Argentina after spending all day in the sun, and his distaste for S&M mags (shit taste, my friendo). Lovro's return is also welcome, as are the hints towards a potential future appearance by "the Reaper".

GRIDMAN - I've been oddly averse to watching Trigger stuff after I put NIBAI MUGENDAI (hypothetically produced by the studio) on indefinite hold in favor of Kinky Kunoichi (hypothetically produced by the Naruto/Bleach/Black Clover guys), so this is my first time actually watching something from the studio post-Toonami's KLK run. And I gotta say, I dig this. The fact that I saw the first season of the original Ultraman and the Netflix CG adaptation also helps. I plan on rewatching the first episode later this week, and eagerly await to see all the random spoilers I came across (at least, those that I remember) finally put into context.

SHIPPUDEN - "Hey, remember the last filler arc this series had before Pierrot had the bright idea to pad out time in-between the canon with flashback episodes? Well, sorry for reminding you of it again, but it was necessary."

See, now's the point where the whole "two years' worth" nonsense would actually make sense. As much as things in SAO can make sense, anyways.

12:00 - Dragon Ball Super #99 - Show Them! Krillin's Underlying Strength! - TV-14L

12:30 - Attack on Titan: The Final Season #3 - The Door to Hope - TV-MA

1:00 - Sword Art Online: Alicization: War of Underworld #21 - Beyond Time - TV-14LV
1:30 - Fire Force #33 - The Core - TV-MA
2:00 - Assassination Classroom #18 - Action Time - TV-14DLSV
2:30 - SSSS.GRIDMAN #2 - Restoration - TV-PGLV

3:00 - Naruto Shippuden #325 - Jinchuriki vs. Jinchuriki!! - TV-PGLV
3:30 - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba #12 - The Boar Bares Its Fangs, Zenitsu Sleeps - TV-MAV

Every time I think Sword Art has hit rock bottom it just grabs a shovel.

Titan- Reiner needs a hug. Flashback, go! Oh hey, it's the other kids. And then everything went to hell. I like that all the other titans have codenames like "armored" and "beast" and then one of them is just "girl". Ohh, she's the funky packmule one. Cry harder, bitch boy. Sorry your dad's a dick. Reiner's having a rough time. Annie gives no fucks. What an inspiring tale for this character becoming a strong, unstoppable warrior who's responsible for the deaths of thousands of people. Fuck you, Kenny. Uhhh you okay there buddy? That's definitely Eren there right. That's not ominous at all. Still waiting for Levi or Mikasa to show up and kill something.

Sword Art- I'd like to get off this ride now please. Spending 200 years in that game would make me thankful to have my soul destroyed. Maybe you shouldn't have left this tough physical task to a pair of scrawny nerds. Nothing says stealth like SHOUTING. What are they even looking for, a spare sex doll to shove her fluctlight in? Dying would have been better. Oh what the fuck. A g-g-g-g-ghost! This sure got weird. I liked this weird afterlife dragged off by hands thing much better when Jojo did it. They're the lucky ones who don't have to be in this show anymore. What the fuck is even going on??? I'd also volunteer to die and get out of here. Considering how stupid this season has been I'm just assuming it's the rape clown possessing that robot. Keeks is definitely about to die. MY LEG. Oh my god is that the asshole who murdered everyone in the first game? What dream, your dream of genociding gamers? I don't have enough words to describe how stupid this is. Are we really supposed to root for the robot possessed by the lunatic who murdered thousands of people?! Lady didn't he shove a bomb in your boobs? Can we send the robot to death row for his crimes? Who else is in the building to send down for this nerd? IT JUST KEEPS GETTING WORSE. How is this show actually dumber and more infuriating when Kirito's not there?  I think I had an aneurysm about twenty minutes ago.

Fire Force- I'm genuinely impressed at our dumbass boy. :D Sir Cumfrence. And then it was the matrix for a second. I don't understand math but I'm assuming it can make everything blow up. Use Tamaki as a human shield. Magic fire swords are the coolest power here. Aw shit he got Kakyoin'd. Huh. The hell is with this guy's body? At least the fire scythe looks cool. Hey creepy magic lady maybe give him a little help on protecting that forest. Uhhh giant buildings aren't supposed to have a heartbeat. I got a bad feeling about this, Scoob. Look if you have to sacrifice somebody here, make it Tamaki. Helloooo there, hot shirtless fire guy. Why yes, his life expectancy did just drop like a rock. :D He just MUDA'd. Oh this is doing things for me. Tamaki, still the worst. Ogun is my boyfriend. Now he's ORA'ing. Oh right, Shinra's here too. I don't know about the demon but I sure as hell liked that. Aww, she'll do it for the mole. Whelp, that can't be good. We only need a second here, lady.

Ass Class- It's really gonna hurt when Nagisa eventually has to kill him. Oh hey, the kids learned a new dance for the OP. Here, watch this video we made for you. :D When you're a confirmed porn addict. Jesus Koro, calm the fuck down on your fetishes. Who needs guns when you can kill him with shame. That one kid still looks like a washed-up 40 year old man. Who let Karma have a boat. Okay this is a lot more impressive than I expected.  Oh no please don't kill him. Well kids that was a solid effort. Oh come on that should count as killing you. Next time try a two hour long kinkshame video. "Nothing is invincible if you just whack it hard enough. :D Okay Karma's actually hilarious. You're good kids, you don't want to kill people. Oh that can't be good. And then everyone died. Who the fuck are you!? Oh you are a dick. You kids better get going now. I have no memory of this nerd guy with glasses. Thanks, Vocaloid. Good luck, kids. :D What is this extra. She turned into Naruto for a second there.

Gridman- Sorry kids you have to go to class. Those missing kids are dead. Change of plans, you gotta go to work today. This other girl is adorable. You okay there, sweetie? Oh hey, the others can see him now. Oh no, the adorable one is a villain. I definitely don't trust this guy. He's a samurai alien. The samurai is Dandy, baby. I'm more surprised that phone books still exist. I like this running gag of him just crashing into doors. Kaiju alert. Well, that's not normal. This got depressing. Adorable girl is a real bitch ain't she. At least samurai Dandy got the marble. Aww, he got her tea. Tonight's theme is killing teachers. :D That thing is straight out of Power Rangers. I hate this girl. Sweet, he gets a cool new wristband. I hope all the kaiju fights are this much fun. Huh, samurai can do things. And then Dandy was a sword. Good job, kids. All those dead people are erased now aren't they. Oh good, at least the teacher's nicer now.

Considering it's rock bottom, a drill seems more appropriate.

ATTACK ON TITAN - And here I thought it'd be impossible to feel for Reiner after the whole him being one of the villains of the past two and a half seasons thing. While I'm sure Yuuki Kaji changed his voice up some for the injured soldier, Bryce's voice is just too recognizable to not peg him as Eren in disguise.

SAO ALICIZATION - Leave it to Kayaba to make a Deus Ex Machina AI of himself for dire moments such as this. I wouldn't call his actions here a redemption arc - when you've got over 4,000 dead bodies on your hands, full redemption's pretty much an impossibility - but considering he wasn't rapey like Sugo, creep-murdery like Kyoji, or that special brand of direct child-murdering evil like Gabe, I'm okay with it. But really, I don't know what little thing about this episode I like more: Kikuoka's unspoken fear of heights, or Vassago disintegrating between when Critter found his body and when the rest of the Americans went to retrieve it. :D

FIRE FORCE - Damn, Ogun's awesome. Even channeled Star Platinum there for a second, despite being more of an Avdol.

ASS CLASS - I have a feeling who unleashed COVID-15 (after the show's premiere year) on half of E-Class, but even if I'm wrong, I hope someone stabs him in the dick and both testicles.

GRIDMAN - Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this might be the first time we've seen a cute anime girl's feet up-close on Toonami. 😳 Murder-waifuism aside, Samurai Calibur is easily the Dandiest Ian Sinclair character we've seen on the block since the original. I look forward to seeing more of Samurai Sword Dandy and his yet-to-be-introduced posse in the future.

SHIPPUDEN - Hmm. Wake me up when something worth commenting on happens.

Tonight's episode of Attack on Titan is brought to you by Pizza Hut.

3786069c366420a46e0916ce83a2b2fc.jpg

12:00 - Dragon Ball Super #100 - Rampage! A Crazed Warrior's Savagery Awakens!! - TV-14L

12:30 - Attack on Titan: The Final Season #4 - From One Hand to Another - TV-14L

1:00 - Sword Art Online: Alicization: War of Underworld #22 - Alice - TV-PGLV
1:30 - Fire Force #34 - The Woman in Black - TV-MA
2:00 - Assassination Classroom #19 - Pandemonium Time - TV-14DL
2:30 - SSSS.GRIDMAN #3 - Defeat - TV-14L

3:00 - Naruto Shippuden #326 - Four Tails, the King of Sage Monkeys - TV-PG
3:30 - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba #13 - Something More Important Than Life - TV-MAV

Savor the flavor, before it savors you.

On 1/29/2021 at 10:00 PM, PokeNirvash said:

Tonight's episode of Attack on Titan is brought to you by Pizza Hut.

Man I miss Code Geass.

Titan- Falco you sweet dumb idiot. Children, still the worst. This guy immediately activates my fight or flight response. Packmule girl is weird. Just in case you forgot, casual racism. That's so much bread, Sasha would be so jealous. Gabi's an obnoxious little brat but I'm kinda rooting for her. Eren's really piling on that "depressed wounded veteran" character extra thick this week. Surely this random old man with the same name isn't significant at all. Ohhhh hi grandpa. I'm not sure what the point is of having the warrior kids work as waiters. Soooo many racists. Oh hey, one actually decent human being in this place. Oh that's not an ominous freudian slip at all. This is gonna go just great, I'm sure. Sasha and her would get along great if she wasn't such a little bitch. This is exactly how I react to the state fair. This is totally not a trap. What a nice reunion.

Sword Art- Whatever's about to happen, I'm not drunk enough for it. Everyone's first question is going to be if you can fuck the cute school girl robot. I don't understand any of this AI bullshit but neither does the show. Oh yeah you're doing great on the "don't terrify the humans" thing. This is the first time any of those reporters has heard the word "fluctlight" and I'm so jealous. We believe that one day we WILL fuck the robots. Oh jesus here we fucking go. No you're literally not human, you're a weird program shoved into a sexbot. At least he doesn't have to be in this show anymore. Oh come on just let somebody die. Going public with the fluctlights is never a good idea. Yeah, the corrupt American soldiers will all just shrug their shoulders and leave forever. These reporters are the only ones here who aren't stupid as fuck. I hate all of you and everything. THIS WAS ONLY TWO MONTHS!? So I guess they're just not gonna bother showing us what happened over those 200 years. It's a fucking video game, just pull the plug on it you weird weird people. Oh what the fuck. Is the copy of Kirito this nerd's in-game waifu now? Yes, the underworld is powerless because it's a goddamn video game. STOP BRINGING THE VILLAIN BACK. Eugeo was truly best girl. I hope she's literally going to die and this isn't some broken heart shit.

Fire Force- I still don't trust this lady but her help is better than nothing. Hiiii boyfriend. I think the world engulfed in fire is just called Australia. I forgot he could do the timewarp thing. Huh, that's new. Oh no he used to be a sad old man. Nevermind, he was an asshole he can rot. Sorry buddy I don't think that's a friendly helpful god. BEES. Well now you don't have to feel bad about killing him. No shit she's not from your world. They were girlfriends, calling it now. Whelp, looks like it's time to kill god. Aw dang, he put his shirt back on. Oh, the crazy naked girl is in there. In her defense I'd be pretty pissed off too if I got used as a human sacrifice. I hope they bring my talking mole friend back with them. Noooo bring him with you. :D I forgot about the drugs. :D The fucking accents. He's breaking the fourth wall! Surely this all won't be important later.

Ass Class- It'd probably be safer just to send in the teachers. Dang it's a class full of Spidermen. You're useless, Vocaloid. I love you, Bitch Sensei. That's a lot of dudes, send in the bitch. She's the best. Look at her fingering alright. Fuck the rich people. Keep your mask up, girl! I hate these idiots. Aw fuck, your teacher's infected. Never take drinks from strangers, kids. This girl must watch a lot of Detective Conan. Time to kill a man. Oh dang, Karasuma don't fuck around. Karma's really just here to shove that squid down someone's pants. Just a dash of GUN. Somewhere Mista is crying. I got a bad feel about this guy. Jesus Karma came here to fuck shit up.

Gridman- Samurai Dandy is here. You okay there, weird kid eating food in an alley? Don't worry it's just some giant action figures. I don't trust this kid. And then he was a kaiju. ENTER, STAGE WINDOW. EXIT, STAGE WINDOW. Man, sword boy moves fast. The background music really just makes this whole thing even better. They're not supposed to talk. This is your fault for making that shitty joke. I love Samurai Sword Dandy. Well, this could be going better. That is probably not a good thing. Aw fuck he's dead. This girl creeps me right the hell out. I think this is the deepest voice I've ever heard from Greg Ayres. Hi there, new people. Wait, you could just call him this whole time? Okay we've got Dandy back now let's get our kid. We're good, Gridman's back. Oh my god is this guy a transformer. OH HELL YES. Bold of you to assume any of this is supposed to make sense, girl. These fights are so much fun. :D Neon Genesis Jr High. I know this weird kid's a monster but I feel bad for him.

Don't we all. My stupid comments from when it aired on [as], though, I can honestly live without.

ATTACK ON TITAN - Normally most men aren't that calm seeing their grandfather freak out about his past mistakes.

SAO ALICIZATION - Between Fake Injured Vet Eren and 200+ Year-Old Fluctlight Copy Kirito, I must say that Bryce has really nailed the whole "weak and weary" sound this past month. I'd ask how they managed to make Alice's body look so hyper-realistic (by the show's standards), but honestly, I stopped questioning SAO's bullshit after the first episode.

FIRE FORCE - The best arc this series has had so far may be over, but it's convinced me that season 2 is definitely an improvement over the first. Also, the history lesson sounds better coming out of Science Dandy's mouth than it does Iris, but not even that can make me pretend to know what an "unsullied flame" even is.

ASS CLASS - I legit had no idea that Neuro: Supernatural Detective came from the same mind that Ass Class did. Guess that explains why they had Hellabitch dressed up as the FeMC during last episode's omake.

GRIDMAN - The Neon Genesis Junior High Students, also known as the Evangelions. :D I'm gonna love these guys.

SHIPPUDEN - So apparently there was a post-credits scene that was cut, and I only know that because Sasuke, Suigetsu and Jugo were listed in the Japanese cast credits despite not appearing in the episode proper themselves. I'm guessing they'll recap it at a later date, because of fucking course they will, it's Pierrot we're talking about here.

27 minutes ago, QueenoftheDorks said:

I've been very much the opposite. I hate all of these randos and every moment we spend with them is time we could be spending with Levi watching him insult everyone in a 10 mile radius.

You do have a point. Every week I hope to see Levi kill something and every week I'm disappointed.

Tonight, our national nightmare finally ends, as the full year of Sword Art Online comes to a conclusion after two years.

12:00 - Dragon Ball Super #101 - Warriors of Justice Close In! The Pride Troopers!! - TV-14L

12:30 - Attack on Titan: The Final Season #5 - Declaration of War - TV-14LV

1:00 - Sword Art Online: Alicization: War of Underworld #23 - New World - TV-14LV - IT'S OOOOOOOOVER
1:30 - Fire Force #35 - Dark Hero - TV-MA
2:00 - Assassination Classroom #20 - Karma Time/2nd Period - TV-14L
2:30 - SSSS.GRIDMAN #4 - Suspicion - TV-14L

3:00 - Naruto Shippuden #327 - Nine Tails - TV-PGL
3:30 - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba #14 - The House With the Wisteria Family Crest - TV-14LV

Unfortunately, our other national nightmare resumes next week, as Black Clover makes its inevitable return.

[something something cosmo samurai]

At least we get Yami back.

Titan- Will this be the week that our main character finally does something? here, watch their parents suffer now. Gee I'm sure this is gonna go just great. Damn shit really went to hell in just a century. This all sounds 100% legit and historically accurate. I like packmule girl. Falco you dumb shit. Taking everyone and fucking off to your own island with blackjack and hookers is honestly a perfectly good plan. Oh yeah this is going well. I still don't trust this guy as far as I can throw him. I forgot that there were titans in the walls. Goddammit Falco. Oh are we just going full Code Geass here on him being the enemy of the world. LET'S GET READY TO RUUUUUUMBLE. Great job Reiner this is all your fault. Remember kids, racism is bad. Whelp.

Sword Art- I sense bullshit on the horizon. Did no one think to put a GPS in that fucking sexbot? Why would you mail yourself instead of just going there normally? Does she not know he's basically been married to Asuna for like years now? Hot uncle dude had to die for you, you appreciate that. Yes, the crazy naked lady's hopes will become a reality one day. Where's his weird incest sister/cousin? I hope she accidentally kills him. She just rammed a steel plate into his head how is he fine. Wait I thought his parents were dead is this just his aunt? This fucker's still in high school? Shut up Alice this isn't your family. Your panets know your internet history, be ashamed. This is why I lock my door at night. Oh what the fuck now. Jesus christ this shit never ends. So they went to all the trouble of bringing her into the real world just so she can immediately turn around and go back? Y'know Asuna, the one who's basically his wife. Who's behind this, the dead guy who murdered thousands of people for shits n giggles? I hope they die. What in the goddamn fuck. This is stupid. What the fuck is this. Am I real? Does the bus run through here? Okay so do I need to make an appointment to fight Reki Kawahara or can I just show up at his house and throw hands?

Fire Force- Science Dandy still creeps me right the hell out. Hi, Captain Sexy. Somebody might wanna break that news to Vulcan. Oh hey Vulcan. Sounds like your ancestors were into some freaky cult shit there. Well they can't have been too good if they threw a human sacrifice in that thing. Pi is indeed a terrifying and evil form of magic. Oh hey, that guy. Oh hey, the one guy who I forget is actually evil or just mysterious. The fuck is your deal, science Dandy? Oh, guess it's time for a tragic backstory. No shit they're not gonna let you destroy the state religion. Oh sure just wait three years. Meanwhile, shit's going down with the other squad. Beni's definitely causing trouble out there. I do like the cool fire letters he can put up Sesame Street-style. You had to stand up there for dramatic effect. I got a bad feeling about Fire Pope here. Good news, Beni came to visit you instead. Damn they're not screwing around. And then he died. Okay you cannot blame me for this one.

Ass Class- Just in case you forgot that Karma's fucking crazy. Don't let that man give you a handjob. Aim for his junk! I know he's evil but this assassin guy is pretty fun. And then Karma got poisoned. :D And then Karma poisoned him. False alarm, our favorite crazy boy is fine. Aww, he learned something afterall! Oh that's fucking evil you little bastard. Girl time now. And now it's time for Nagisa to dress in drag. :D It's funny because he looks exactly the same. Oh he's definitely about to get roofied. Not the relatively small but absolutely terrifying syndicate! I like that he just gave up on the girl voice. Drugs are bad, mmmkay. Now that's a pin collection. This dumbass is gonna ruin everything. Oh no stop dancing. Somebody save this kid. KICK. I like that he bouncer didn't notice that guy getting the shit kicked out of him but does notice he needs to get pulled off the floor. You're gay now, kid. No one is entirely convinced Nagisa is a boy. The power of shittalking your enemy. TASER, BITCH. Here kids have some guns. To be fair, you don't have to shoot anyone you care about this time. Get that out of your mouth.

Gridman- I hate this girl. I will fully forgive her if this ends in lesbians. Oh god is that a boy band. Everyone's thirsty for Rika. Gridman says cockblock them. The boys are ruining her plan to talk to the cute girl. Samurai Dandy will solve this problem. Okay but the main college boy is real cute. Oh no don't kill the college boys. The big guy is here to give you dating advice. RIP college boys. I like her mom. Oh no we're down to one college boy. I forgot he lost his memory. Kaiju time! Fucking Youtubers. Samurai Dandy to the rescue! I don't even have a snarky comment I just genuinely love watching these fights. Aw crap now there's two of them. Oh cool they can all turn into his weapons. Oh my god I hope they form a megazord. Haaa, the computer glitched. Uhh unplugging that might have killed them. Nevermind they're fine. You're up, big guy. Oh damn that looks cool. Better luck next time, weird angry albino kid. Get it, buddy! Well the important thing is you tried.

10 hours ago, EmpressAngel said:

Okay so do I need to make an appointment to fight Reki Kawahara or can I just show up at his house and throw hands?

The latter, if only to minimize the chance of him pulling an Uwe Boll vs. Seanbaby and backing out at the last minute.

COSMO SAMURAI - Our first anime TIE since the IGPX microseries, and while it does look a little on the "generic" side - at least, regarding the Cosmo Samurai team - I do look forward to seeing where this goes. Now only if we got some staff credits to go along with it...

ATTACK ON TITAN - I really don't know what to say to this episode other than "Brava", followed by a standing ovation and thunderous applause.

SAO ALICIZATION - So that explains why I like Kirito more than the rest of you, he's engineering-minded just like me! Though he's electrical while I'm civil, but then again my dad's a mechanical engineer doing electrical engineering work for a software company, so it balances out (somewhat). Also, I was expecting the whole space thing to be a new MMO, not the ultimate result of Underworld's max acceleration. All said, while there were some parts where the edge was too much, the last quarter of Alicization turned out alright enough for me to not totally despise it like I do way too few anime. [glares at Nyaruko-san, Infinite Stratos 2, and the Eureka seveN AO OVA like a jealous haremette] 7.5/10, and I will see Kirito again when I finally knock out Ordinal Scale. For directorial analysis, natch.

FIRE FORCE - Last year I realized my favorite underrated character archetype is that of the character with clear ulterior motives, yet acts as genuine and sincere as they do conniving and manipulative. And though Clair from Gleipnir is my personal "codifier" for that trope, Licht is pretty recognizable in that vein too, so that's why I'm all for seeing more of Science Dandy. Elsewhere, Joker was one of the characters from season 1 I wanted to see more of than what we got, and Benimaru one of the few I didn't want to punch in the face based on how he looked, so I'm looking forward to seeing them interact while taking center stage. Even if Benimaru's technically out of commission right now...

ASS CLASS - Between Karma breaking out the nose hooks and mouth spreader on Grip, and Nagisa embracing his full femboy/trap/otokonoko potential by reluctantly crossdressing, I'd say Ass Class had me in mind when they made this episode. Also, a little green goes a long way.

GRIDMAN - Wow, Akane's even pettier than I imagined she'd be. Gridman must really be getting to her. And while I doubt that's the explicit case, I am interested in Rikka's belief that she might be the reason for all these kaiju popping up, I hope the show explores that a little deeper. And of course, the Evangelions are the best characters.

SHIPPUDEN - My memory of Naruto interacting with the Nine Tails in that inner mind chamber goes as far back as when Sasuke snuck his way in during episode 1 of Shippuden, but part of me barely remembers his first encounter with him back when Jiraiya chucked him down a fault, so it's there but not really there, y'know?

With titles like that, I can't fault them for trying to lure some of us back in.

12:00 - Dragon Ball Super #102 - The Power of Love Explodes?! The 2nd Universe's Witchy Warriors!! - TV-14L

12:30 - Attack on Titan: The Final Season #6 - The War Hammer Titan - TV-14LV

1:00 - Assassination Classroom #21 - XX Time - TV-14LV
1:30 - Fire Force #36 - Shadows Cast By Divine Light - TV-MAV
2:00 - Black Clover #137 - Charmy's Century of Hunger, Gordon's Millennium of Loneliness - TV-PG
2:30 - SSSS.GRIDMAN #5 - Provocation - TV-14L

3:00 - Naruto Shippuden #328 - Kurama - TV-PGV
3:30 - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba #15 - Mount Natagumo - TV-MAV

Me, once again being dragged into Black Clover against my will:

tixG8cn.png

Titan- Surely these children aren't about to be traumatized. I still don't trust this guy but it takes serious balls to volunteer as titan bait. Well at least Eren is having fun. Whelp, your friends are dead. Oh hey, that lady's a titan. PUNCH. Oh damn, titan lady fucked him up. Aww good, her friends came to save them. Oh shit are the others actually gonna get to do something? MIKASA, FINALLY. And everybody else is here I guess. I have no memory of that guy. Yeeeah Eren may have gone a little overboard on that. Oh shit it's still moving. Okay it just straight up summoned a crossbow. Whelp, that kid's dead. Girl you are gonna get yourself killed. Sasha got to do something! Huh, it's tied to a string. This is clearly going too well. Oh shit. FUCK YEAH LEVI.

Ass Class- Oh yeah dude this is gonna go great for you. Joke's on you, the kids will fucking kill you. Stop blowing your gun it's creepy. Squid is still best teacher. Forget your parents kids, Koro is your dad now. This is a man who's definitely fucked his gun ant least once. Eat shit, creep. Somebody take his gun waifu away. He made a scarecrow in total silence and that's important. You did good, class. Oh good, Karasuma's not dying anymore. Oooh the plot thickens. Ah, the weird 40-something year old kid is poisoned too. Just use him as a human shield he's dying anyways. Awww, he's proud of them. Whelp, you're screwed. THIS ASSHOLE. Oh he's not looking right. Stop calling yourself daddy it's creepy. Oh fuck this guy. Boo hoo, people laugh at you for being a shitty teacher. Just let Karma kill him. You son of a bitch. Nagisa is a good boy. YOU SON OF A BITCH. Fuck it we gotta kill this guy now.

Fire Force- Again, this one's not my fault. False alarm, he's fine. Goddamn blow darts. Yeah he's just a normal guy who can shrug off horse poison. At least Joker's having fun here. Whelp, time to descend right into hell. Huh, he was a priest. :D Oh god that hair. Cool, time to start killing. Oh hey, actual backstory. Aww he was a cute kid surely nothing traumatizing happened to him. Dude chill. Tonight's theme is "fuck them kids" apparently. God this guy was a dick I'm glad he's gonna die eventually. Jesus show calm the fuck down. I NEED AN ADULT. Fuck it I'm rooting for Joker more than anyone. This is going too well for him, this nice family is about to be murdered. Christ that was quick. It's definitely time to fucking kill that guy now. I'm excited to watch all of them die. Beni doesn't fuck around. KICK HIS ASS, JOKER. Oh he's got a Renji sword this'll be easy. Grab his dick and twist it! Congratulations you found a character that I hate more than Tamaki. He's a joker, he's a smoker, he's a midnight toker. And then everything was drugs. Goddamn this is awesome. PLAYER 3 HAS ENTERED THE GAME. Oh shit it's the main captain.

Clover- I don't wanna go on this ride let me out of the line right now. Oh thank god it's Charmy filler. Shut up Asta. STOP SCREAMING YOU DIPSHITS. I do love those cooking sheep. If I have to watch this show at least they threw me back in with one of the few good characters. Why did you have her make demon food? Hey there Captain Sexy. Jesus Yami eat more fiber. I'm glad no one else knows who the fuck this guy is. It's okay Charmy you tried your best. Fuck off Asta let Yami kill something. You stole this plot from an old Powerpuff Girls episode. I don't want to watch this anymore.

Gridman- Titties. Hi, kaiju. "You look fat." And then lesbians. Rafting in a face mask sounds like a new form of hell. Boner alert. They're having fun, this is going too well. This conversation isn't suspicious at all. I hope your phone is waterproof. Oh cool it's a mountain kaiju. I like her mom. Running is the worst. Payphones still exist? Meanwhile the mountain is burning. It's gonna be real funny if she gets herself crushed in the kaiju fight. Oh hey, albino boy. I'm also weighed down when I try to run by my big thighs and boobs. And then he died. Everybody falls asleep on the train. Uh quick question do y'all have an outlet to plug that into? Gridman gets to go on a field trip. Cool, what does the girl weapon do? Oh nice she's a fire extinguisher. And then he lost. Goddammit not you again. This is the drill that will pierce the kaiju! These fights really are just pure fun to watch. At least give him back his scarf. Your friends think you're getting double teamed by those two on the regular. I can't tease anyone for sleeping through a train I fall asleep 10 minutes into every flight I take.

10 hours ago, EmpressAngel said:

You stole this plot from an old Powerpuff Girls episode.

Fair and possibly true, but personally the whole "demon food" thing reminded me of the Grandma Stuffum episodes of KND.

ATTACK ON TITAN - Sucks that Zofia's dead, but Udo kinda deserved his for letting his emotions get the better of him. Still, it wouldn't have killed that doctor to check his pulse before declaring him DOA. And while I'm happy to see several old characters returning, what was Isayama thinking, giving half of them yee-yee ass haircuts? Mikasa and Jean being the worst offenders. (Plus it's so nice to see Floch's still the worst. 😒)

ASS CLASS - I had a feeling Takaoka was behind all this (mostly because of my weakness for marked spoilers), and I'm with Nagisa, he deserves to die:RoboAngry: Also, lol at Terasaka having a secret thing for maid cafes. :D

FIRE FORCE - But if there's one guy who deserves it worse than Takaoka, it's that leader of that Shadows group. Beat the shit out of young Joker for beliefs the poor kid didn't even believe in to start, trashed a keepsake to teach him a lesson, gave him 28 lashes for what I assume was the fun of it (and there may or may not have been anal rape involved), and killed an innocent family just for helping him out. I said out loud that I hoped he got killed brutally, and in the biggest act of grace Fire Force has performed for me personally since the damn thing started, it delivered. Ahh, there's nothing more primal than seeing an edgy character meet an edgier end and just reveling in it.

BLACK CLOVER - I might feel a little dirty for saying this, but I've missed this stupid show.

GRIDMAN - Okay seriously, what is this mist? Still, can't go wrong with episodes taking place in the woods in the summertime. This had the most WOWOW (one of its broadcast stations) feel to it yet, and I love it.

SHIPPUDEN - Not much to say here, but Naruto using a clone to help push the chakra rod out of the Four-Tails' Son Goku's neck was pretty clever of the kid, even if some see it as a simple solution.

On tonight's episode of Black Clover, Dimestore Bondage Gear Hisoka JYB says the word "shit".

12:00 - Dragon Ball Super #103 - Gohan, Get Ruthless! Showdown with the 10th Universe!! - TV-14

12:30 - Attack on Titan: The Final Season #7 - Assault - TV-MA

1:00 - Assassination Classroom #22 - Nagisa Time - TV-14LV - SEASON FINALE
1:30 - Fire Force #37 - A Pair of One-Eyes - TV-MA
2:00 - Black Clover #138 - In Zara's Footsteps - TV-14L
2:30 - SSSS.GRIDMAN #6 - Contact - TV-14

3:00 - Naruto Shippuden #329 - Two-Man Team - TV-PG
3:30 - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba #16 - Letting Someone Else Go First - TV-MAV

At least, I hope he does.

Titan- FUCK YEAH, LEVI. And we would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling packmule. Meanwhile, Eren's screwing it up. Falco, still confused about what's going on. And then fucking Sasquatch shows up to throw rocks at everyone. Oh right, Annie had that crystal thing too. I'm just waiting for Levi to kill Bigfoot. Oh, somebody big just blew up over there. Oh, I guess it's Armin. I could watch Levi murder things all day. Packmule's getting fucked up here. And then everyone died. Good job Armin you killed everyone. Kid you really don't understand this whole "war" thing do you. Damn she is fucked up. Sorry kiddo I don't think Reiner's in any mental state to fight today. Hey, Hange! Good luck folks. Oh shit using the jaws guy to break her shell is a really great idea. Eren's just gonna eat everybody today I guess. Yeah the screaming's gonna help. Reiner's having a bad day.

Ass Class- Kill his ass, Nagisa! I hate that middle aged kid. Don't listen to them, just kill him already. Stoop to his level and kill him! Let the hate flow through you. Or just shoot the bastard. He's batshit crazy and somebody needs to kill him. Jesus dude the kid's like 14. Thanks for the advice, old Russian murder grandpa. Uh hey Nagisa you okay there buddy. Ride the lightning, bitch! Good job kiddo I'm proud of you. Great now go save your friends. I hope there's some magic science guy somewhere who can recreate that super fast. Stop sucking the gun, weirdo. What a twist! Aww, the assassins were nice guys afterall. Thanks, murderers! Oh right, Bitch Sensei's still here. :D I love her. Good, everyone's fine. And everything is back to normal. HARDCORE VACATION, GO. Perverts. Karasuma if you're not gonna plow that then I am.

Fire Force- Definitely rooting for Joker on this one. EYEPATCH FIGHT. Let Beni beat his ass. Boo, no fight. Flashback, go! Ohhh that looks painful. Well, you wanted to know the truth. No he is not okay. Nice rock. Here, read this lady's diary. Whelp, y'all have gotten yourselves into a real pickle haven't you. Aw hell not this bitch again. Huh, that's a twist. We're good here, you only killed one mystery guy. Oh no they've got his insulin. I forgot all about that guy and the kid he almost killed. Oh right, Shinra's our main character. Hiii Vulcan. Is that a sexbot? I can't believe he took that bitch back when I'm right here offering to be his girlfriend. The lizard blender is great though. Hi, Captain Sexy. Yes, make the mechanical boobs. Vulcan deserves better. I'm with Arthur, just bust in. So we have to fight Amazon, I guess? Science Dandy, still creepy. Hibana, still awful. Never trust a businessman. Whelp, he's gonna die.

Clover- Is this just more filler? Did anything worthwhile happen in this episode or was I correct in my decision to fuck off and look at Endeavor porn instead.

Gridman- I'm just gonna assume the swim trunks were, in fact, dumb. Show me that girl's face. You gotta admire this little bastard's determination. :D That's the Inferno Cop song! Seduce her mom, standby. Well that's creepy. Don't date the freaky kaiju girl. I can also be bribed against murderous violence with a good sandwich. Throw that boy in the river. Hi, samurai Dandy. She has a brother? The handsome one's doing a great job in the store. Date her and turn her good with your love, green boy. Yeah he's a weird weird little kid. I'm confused as shit about what is going on here. That's a very good question, mask dude. I got a bad feel about this, Scoob. Don't fall asleep she'll steal your organs! What in the hell is going on. This counts as a date. Aw shit the weird homeless girl just spilled the beans. :D This little pixelly explanation is adorable. Surprise, she's a massive bitch. Is this all just her Sims game? Aww green boy you're a good kid but she's going to kill you now. The most surprising thing is that the weird little hobo girl wasn't evil. Aw crap the weird albino kid is here. Mask guy and samurai Dandy with the save! Shit's gettin weird in this town, folks. This isn't gonna end well is it.

15 hours ago, EmpressAngel said:

Clover- Is this just more filler? Did anything worthwhile happen in this episode or was I correct in my decision to fuck off and look at Endeavor porn instead.

Outside of Zora saying "shit" like my nonconventionally educated guess predicted, nope. We're stuck in filler/"anime canon" (translation: training arc nonsense) until episode 158, so feel free to check out 'til then.

COSMO SAMURAI - Even the objectively inferior IGPX microseries was a better animated TIE, but hey, at least it's better than Sand Whale.

ATTACK ON TITAN - It's official, too many people are dying this season for my taste. I don't even know who to root for anymore... 😩

ASS CLASS - Part of me's disappointed that Takaoka didn't die, but Nagisa's non-lethal countermeasure was a perfectly acceptable substitute, with the reveal that even his hired guns thought he was too crazy to be trusted was a pleasant one. Really, I think I'll be able to tolerate those main campus douchebuckets more, now that Takaoka proved you could do wayyyyyy worse. (But still, fuck Kunudon and the sheeple in his live studio audience.) I eagerly wait for next season, whenever Demarco finds a place in the schedule for it.

FIRE FORCE - Finally, we get backstory for how Joker and Burns got those perpetual flaming eyes of theirs. Fun stuff, if not super dark. Considering they brought back that random "pilot light" kid Rekka lit up (one of the few things I remember from that fight that wasn't "My stars!" and the Lucky Lecher Lure ruining the mood), I feel Fire Force is a show that highly benefits from marathon-style rewatching. And while I do like Lisa's haircut and her rolling with Company 8 for legit now, I'm still pissed off that she still unironically identifies as a villain, so I only sorta hate her now instead of really fucking hating her like I did last season.

BLACK CLOVER - When you have a filler episode with a "strong coarse language" rating after countless PG-level eps, you know someone's gonna drop the S-bomb. How appropriate that Zora was the one that had the honor of doing so.

GRIDMAN - So the town is an isolated patch of urban landscape surrounded by fog and relative nothingness, the kaiju looming over the landscape are basically repairmen, and Akane is the closest thing to Haruhi Suzumiya we're ever gonna get on [as] (outside of that swimsuit Shirley wore in Geass R2 ep 5 I tried to justify as a reference, and a text bumper recommending it to someone looking for SoL anime to watch). But my question is, where'd she get all the people to populate her Cities: Skylines project?

SHIPPUDEN - Honestly the most excited I've been for a Shippuden episode plot-wise since I started watching. So nice to see Naruto and Kurama finally working together after fifteen years of unsteady coexistence.

Edited by PokeNirvash
  • Like 1

Whoops, posted too early. That's better.

12:00 - Dragon Ball Super #104 - A Transcendent Light-Speed Battle Erupts! Goku and Hit's United Front!! - TV-14L

12:30 - Attack on Titan: The Final Season #8 - Assassin's Bullet - TV-14LV

1:00 - Food Wars! The Third Plate #1 - Challenging the Ten - TV-MAS
1:30 - Fire Force #38 - The Ashen Reaper - TV-MA
2:00 - Black Clover #139 - A Witch's Homecoming - TV-PG
2:30 - SSSS.GRIDMAN #7 - Scheme - TV-14V

3:00 - Naruto Shippuden #330 - Promise of Victory - TV-PG
3:30 - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba #17 - You Must Master a Single Thing - TV-MAV

I'd have come up with something more original, but oh well, there's always next time for that.

Edited by PokeNirvash

On 2/26/2021 at 9:46 PM, PokeNirvash said:

1:00 - Food Wars! The Third Plate #1 - Challenging the Ten - TV-MAS
2:00 - Black Clover #139 - A Witch's Homecoming - TV-PG

This is a double whammy that does critical damage to me.

Titan- Yeah this is going just great. Goddammit child. This timeskip was good for Jean. Hi Levi! :D Just kicks him in the face immediately. I have no idea who this old guy is. This is going way too well, someone's about to die. They should probably get away from that open door. Sasha's right, you can't eat your beard. Gabi needs a hug. Revenge is wrong and only makes things worse, got it. Whelp, so much for that guy. Aw fuck she's got a way up. This isn't gonna end well. FUCK. Well now I hate this child, throw her off the blimp. :( I don't think Sasha's okay, guys. My last words will also probably be "Are we eating soon?" Well tossing these particular kids out of the air ship will help me feel better. Packmule is looking rough. Uh somebody might wanna tell Levi and the others what just happened. Fuck you, Zeke. Let Levi murder some children. Aw shit it was all a ruse. Levi's gonna fucking kill you one day, Sasquatch. Reminder that Eren sucks. Aaaand I'm crying. Fuck you, Eren.

Food Wars- I'd like to get off this ride please. Fuck off, Megumi. I don't know any of you kids but I hate all of you. I don't care, show. No let him do it and get expelled. Erina, still the worst. Titties. Oh, he is short. It seems a lot easier to get out that food when you have an army of identical clones to do the work for you. I am really fighting to pay attention to this shit but I don't care at all. Put some pants on, you disgusting weirdo. I hate Erina so much. Oh, bowl guy. Meat Meat is also awful. I hope he loses and cries.

Fire Force- Fuck off Lisa he's my boyfriend now. I love Arthur he's so damn stupid. Gorilla to the face. Tiny Shinra needs a hug. Jesus science Dandy where the hell did you come from. Wow what a shock he was working for them. Nobody cares, Dandy. Whelp, that sucks. Yeah just go walking into the evil science lab, this'll go well. Captain Sexy's gonna get himself killed and yiou can't blame me for it. I feel bad for this kid. I don't trust Uncle Reaper. RUN AWAY, CHILD. Go away, weird mental ghost asshole. Leave the poor kid alone. Uncle Reaper fucking sucks. Oh yeah nothing makes you feel like a badass like beating the shit out of small children. At least Dandy knows he's going to die. I got a bad feel about this, Scoob. My dude he used to be a lab rat, he knows what you're doing. BEAT HIS ASS. This could be going better.

Clover- No.

Gridman- "Okay so this random hobo child said she was a kaiju and our classmate is an omnipotent god." Hey there, albino kiddo. :D He stole the sandwiches. RIP sandwich. Sure, just casually ask her if she's a god over lunch or something. Oh she's thirsty alright. Kid you're gonna have to fuck god. Bitch you're trying to kill him of course you're not his friend. I love that they use the Inferno Cop music. "You're a god disguised as a high schooler!" is really on the nose here. Damn, now that's petty. He's a fancy cyborg alien thing. Okay that's new. Aw shit it regenerates. Well now you've pissed it off. Good, good, let the hate flow through you. Yeah this is a trap. Okay that is also new. Sorry albino, the important thing is your tried. I just feel sorry for this poor little bastard. Owwww.

11 hours ago, EmpressAngel said:

No let him do it and get expelled... I hope he loses and cries.

The former's more likely to happen than the latter. I'm not even sure if Soma's really the crying type.

COSMO SAMURAI - On the one hand, this one seemed a little "generic anime" for an animated TIE. But on the other, my boy Toshiyuki Tsuru (under his favorite pseudonym Yasuaki Kurozu) was in charge of the whole thing, so I'm honestly torn on what to feel. (Especially since it's far removed from his usual directorial style and color palette...) Really, my like of it ultimately comes more from the benefits it provides my headcanon than any actual intrinsic merit. So thanks, Demarco. Your making connections with Tsuru through this project has only motivated me further to continue pushing forward with my next hypothetical anime project, now that it makes a little more sense in the hypothetical alternate universe I've created where it exists.

ATTACK ON TITAN - And now Sasha's dead. Wonderful. 😭 Well, at least she managed to get killed off this far in, compared to the undignified end back in the start of season 2 that Isayama planned on giving her. Even Eren's pissed that she's gone, that's how serious this whole thing is.

FOOD WARS - When was the last time we had an OP that played the English-translated lyrics in-episode during the broadcast? I'm thinking it might've been Tokyo Ghoul Root A, but Death Note's the only one I'm absolutely sure of. All in all, I've kind of missed this stupid show as well.

FIRE FORCE - Not gonna lie, I'm a little miffed that we didn't get at least one full playthrough of the new OP, even if it was a trade-off to avoid any further DVR delays caused by the Cosmo Samurai credits and the full Food Wars OP. As for the show itself? While I still hate Rekka's catchphrase as much as a 26 year-old man can hate a fictional character's beaten-into-the-ground gimmick, I did get a laugh out of him being that one kid's beyond-the-grave motivational speaker, despite being the whole reason he's even in this mess getting his ass kicked by this "Uncle Reaper" psycho.

BLACK CLOVER - Typical filler stuff, where the lesson of the day is "even the lamest skills can be useful if applied the right way". As they say, there are no weak STANDs, only weak STAND users.

GRIDMAN - God I fricking love this show even though I haven't seen a second of the original Gridman and only the opening theme for Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad. Trigger's really knocking it out of the park with this one, even if they are once again leaning into their "aliens did it" free space of plot development.

SHIPPUDEN - Huh, wasn't expecting that little song at the start. Or for it to be subbed too.

[demarcooooooo]

Sasuke's special eyes just got even more special, if you can believe it.

12:00 - Dragon Ball Super #105 - A Valiant Fight! Master Roshi's Blaze of Glory!! - TV-14L

12:30 - Attack on Titan: The Final Season #8 - Assassin's Bullet - TV-14LV

1:00 - Food Wars! The Third Plate #2 - Ma & La - TV-MAS
1:30 - Fire Force #39 - A Three-Way Melee - TV-MA
2:00 - Black Clover #140 - A Favor for Julius - TV-PG
2:30 - SSSS.GRIDMAN #8 - Confrontation - TV-14L

3:00 - Naruto Shippuden #331 - Eyes That See in the Dark - TV-PGL
3:30 - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba #18 - A Forged Bond - TV-MAV

He's gonna need a whole new brand.

• Like 1

MY BRAND.

Titan- :( Sasha didn't get to have dinner.

Food Wars- Soma is obnoxious and shouldn't have any friends. I'm surprised Meat Meat is actually doing something nice for another person. Erina, still the fucking worst. Stop helping him you idiot. I'll be honest, spicy food makes me cry. My mouth hurts just hearing this. Megumi is still awful. Alice is slightly more tolerable than Erina. Man munchkin teacher is dumb. Kill them and hide their bodies as ingredients. I need a gallon of milk just watching this. PUT ON PANTS YOU GROSS WEIRDO. I do enjoy the bros. Everyone stop fighting you're all goddamn terrible. I miss Soma's hot dad. "Reliable" is one of the last words I'd use to describe Megumi. Come back to us, hot dad. The Monopoly money is proof of how much each shop sells as opposed to using, y'know, actual money. Please stop singing. The janitors at this school don't get paid enough.

Fire Force- Whelp, y'all sure fucked this kid up somethin' fierce. Vulcan is the best driver. Meanwhile, Shinra's dying. :D Nerd fight. Science Dandy runs like an old man. And then they got killed by a doll. Maki is my girlfriend. BEAT HER ASS, GIRLFRIEND. Dude, murdering the kid as soon as his powers show up is the opposite of what you're supposed to do. Oh that is awful. Date me, Vulcan. This is why people put googly eyes on their roombas. Be mean to kids and they'll get angry, no shit lady. That thing's fart power makes me die a little inside. Once again Maki has absolutely zero competion as best girl. Oh fuck me it's a whole army of weirdass fart clown robots. Well these directiosn are worthless. Use Tamaki as a human shield. It's fine, Captain Sexy is here. Get out of here, overexcited ghost bastard! Why would you bring Iris there is literally nothing she can do here. Date me, Obi. Inca, still the worst. This lady does have a good outfit. Just let these two assholes kill each other. Huh, sideboob bitch actually comes in handy for a change. Please tell me this isn't gonna be a giant fart clown robot. Of course it's a giant fart clown robot.

Clover- Again, nope.

Gridman- Nothing to see here, just some totally normal transfer students I'm sure. Hey there, Samurai Dandy. That does indeed sound like a shitty band name. I just feel bad for that poor albino freak. I don't think you guys are gonna beat the other class's Copyright Infringement: The Play. Is that a MECHA GODZILLA because I am 100% here for it. They're right, it is a good model. Green boy is desperate to get that Mega Zord and I understand. Is she really your friend though? You're really bad with girls, kiddo. She's got a point, MECHA GODZILLA is so much cooler than this festival. Get that boy a sandwich. I think he might have rabies. You really sure you wanna call this girl your friend? And then lesbians. "Tee hee, you have no free will!" LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOO. Oh this is awesome. Dude, that was tits. :D What are they wearing. Whelp, now the crazy god girl is talking in your mind. At least the weird alien guy supports her.

TITAN RERUNS - I bet you anything, with the exceptions of Mikasa and Levi, y'all wouldn't be so mad at Gabi had she shot someone else. Personally, I'd have cheered if she shot Floch. Dude hardly deserved to survive the suicide rush from last season.

FOOD WARS - This episode makes me want to try my hand at making mapo tofu of my own, but considering I lack most of the ingredients, I'm gonna stick to stir-fry for now, with the occasional venture into onigiri.

FIRE FORCE - I'll confess, not really a fan of the whole "White Clad interrupts the arc because reasons" pattern this show's getting up to. I do like Inca's maid, though, even if there really isn't much to her character yet. (That outfit and bangs tho.) Speaking of, when's that dominatrix White Clad from the OP gonna show up? I can't domfu her if I don't know what she's like.

BLACK CLOVER - The "Sally torments the Black Bulls" plot was better than the "Fuego and Nozel investigate literally a random village" plot, if only because the former wasn't obviously phoning it in out of every pore.

GRIDMAN - This is easily the best show on the block and if you don't like it I don't think we can be friends. As for the episode itself, the reveal that Rikka is apparently a fictitious construct made by Akane is unsettling, Gridman's full-power form was hella awesome, and Yuta and Utsumi in the schoolgirl and maid outfits are the closest we're ever gonna get to that "Crossdresser's Ball" Lelouch randomly namedropped in that one episode of Geass. (Also, Mayo Chiki did the idea of a crossplay cafe first.)

SHIPPUDEN - I hate that I don't despise Sasuke as much as I should. So naturally, this was pretty watchable for a Sharingan Red/Glossy Black level episode.

• Like 1

IT IS TIME (for Queen's favorite Black Clover open).

12:00 - Dragon Ball Super #106 - Find Them Out! Deathmatch with a Furtive Attacker! - TV-14LV

12:30 - Attack on Titan: The Final Season #9 - Brave Volunteers - TV-14LV

1:00 - Food Wars! The Third Plate #3 - The Lunar Feast - TV-MAS
1:30 - Fire Force #40 - Mind Blown - TV-MA
2:00 - Black Clover #141 - The Golden Family - TV-PG
2:30 - SSSS.GRIDMAN #9 - Dream - TV-PG

3:00 - Naruto Shippuden #332 - A Will of Stone - TV-PG
3:30 - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba #19 - Hinokami - TV-MAV

It ain't bad, but I still prefer Vickeblanka's themes.

Edited by PokeNirvash
  • Like 1

Queen is my friend and I'm just happy that she's happy.

Titan- I'm sure this isn't gonna be depressing at all. Can titans swim? Hange is the best. Levi, about to murder something. I keep hearing "Paradis" as "Parody". It's a mutiny! Well hey, you made a friend. :( Sasha. Hange's having a great time. Yeah, Levi killed them all in about 20 minutes. Oh, she's already a spy. Shocking that Marley's plan of ruining peoples' lives and then drafting them into their military didn't turn out well. I don't trust Bigfoot. Oh right, Crysta's the queen. I forgot all of this. Oh damn they don't even have radios? Man they just walked right into that trap. Levi is the best. Oh my god Sasha you can't just ask people why they're black. And then it was Food Wars. Oh they fuckin. Racism is bad, got it. SASHA NO. Yeah yeah we get it, racism is bad. This guy needs a hug. Connie needs a hug. I like this guy, I hope he doesn't die painfully. :D God I love Levi. Aw fuck they're backstabbing them. I can't wait to watch Levi fucking kill him. I hate this child. Oh shit he's been talking to her. Eren looks slightly less like shit after a decent shower.

Food Wars- And now for something completely different. I hate you all. Shut up Megumi. Soma losing makes me happy. I don't care how they did, show. Erina, still the worst. Who gives a fuck if Megumi fails it's not like she does anything anyways. I hate that guy a little less when he actually wears clothes and that's how you know I hate this show. What kind of pretentious sack of shit demands reservations for their school festival booth. Everyone, still awful. I have no idea who this girl is. I feel myself age a decade every time I watch this show. I could go for some noodles. Alice is also goddamn terrible. Shut up, worst Sasuke. I miss you, hot dad.

Fire Force- Maybe I'll luck out and the terrible people will all kill each other. Maki is my girlfriend. Kick my ass next please. Helloooo. I'll admit I wasn't expecting surprise body vibrator but I'll take it. Vulcan where did that little gocart come from? Just use Tamaki as a human shield. Inca is the fucking worst. Again, nothing more badass than a dude who only fights the weak and children. This poor kid. Okay sexy nurse's power is cool as shit. FIRE ZOMBIES. You're fired, dude. :D I enjoy him getting called out on being a dumbass. I appreciate all the sideboob here. Someone hug this kid. Shut up, evil ghost weirdo! Uhhh hey kiddo you okay there? Boy that escalated quickly. Ah fuck my boyfriend's radioactive now. :D I love my idiot son. Jesus the kid is nuclear. This is not the time for your weird danger fetish. Oh, now you won't fight the small child. Surprising save from this asshole. :D Arthur is the best. I miss you, Donkey Dick. Date me, Vulcan. Just jam the goddamn lightsaber in the hole! Everyone hates plasma girl. This is a weird episode for teamups. :D Vulcan weaponizing Arthur's stupidity is goddamn hilarious. Oh right, the radiation.

Clover- Man, it's gonna suck when I eventually have to start paying attention to this show again and lose my weekly midnight manicure slot.

Gridman- Here we go again. Oh, that's creepy. Aw hell he's got super amnesia now. Oh that ain't normal where's Thunder Thighs. Where is home? Are we fucking? You ever just wake up with no idea who you are and fuck god? Oh good, she didn't get erased from existence or anything. Join the Body Improvement Club. I'm real confused about what's going on here. At least green boy is normal. She's going to fuck all of them. Just a giant fancy alien butler, nothing to see here. Oh they fuckin. Draw on them while they're asleep. Huh, that's a weird kaiju. Doesn't everyone dream of fucking god? I continue to just feel bad for this little albino jackass. Well kid at least you tried. Just a casual stroll through the cemetery with your girlfriend, like a normal person. Oh they fuckin. Green boy knows he can't get laid even in his dreams. Sorry god, everyone would rather fuck Gridman than you. Now back to our regularly-scheduled fight already in progress. Everybody get in the computer. My inner six year old loves watching them combine and hit things. Whine harder, albino. Have you considered just walking up and stabbing him?

• Like 1

ATTACK ON TITAN - Sasha may be dead, but she lives on in our hearts and memories, and also this show's flashback sequences, which is good enough for me. Still, dammit Gabi why couldn't you have shot someone else? Why couldn't you have shot Floch?

FOOD WARS - I actually put off watching this one for as long as I could after Spectrum spoiled me on Soma getting in the red this episode, but things managed to work themselves out. I enjoy Alice's weird ideas on what "her" restaurant should do making Hayama constantly ask himself, "Why me?". REPLY TO ANGEL: "What kind of pretentious sack of shit demands reservations for their school festival booth." That's Erina for you, so terrible that her fandom is entirely unexplainable by any logical metric. I also like Soma and Sadatsuka getting along right off the bat. Seasonal reminder that Mayumi is just a more spineless version of Megumi and her existence isn't really needed.

FIRE FORCE - I feel no shame that my first two thoughts upon seeing Haumea pseudo-electrocute Arrow were the Sideboob Hour and Mr. Body Massage Machine. Ritsu's power's fucked up but I still enjoy her character design. Nataku's psychological breakdown was fun to watch too. And let me tell you, it is so weird seeing Arthur this dementedly excited about everything. I actually like him better as a deadpan chuuni.

BLACK CLOVER - In lieu of anything regarding this honestly blah filler episode, here's something from real life. In one of those conversational swerves, I told my dad about Asta wanting to fuck the nun, and the impression he made of him afterwards (because dads) sounded extremely dopey, like he was voiced by Barney the Dinosaur. I think that was partly on me for calling Asta "so goddamn stupid".

GRIDMAN - Best episode, best show, fuck anyone who disagrees, especially those vindictive assclowns on /co/ who called me a Discord tranny because I didn't hate Gemusetto 2 with every fiber of my being like the rest of their flock.

SHIPPUDEN - All I'll say is, wasn't exactly expecting several minutes of this episode to be Onoki backstory. That, plus his subsequent laser-beam action, was kinda neat.

Yeah, I got nothin'. Hope you enjoy tonight's schedule, or at least what shows on it you find enjoyable to begin with.

12:00 - Dragon Ball Super #107 - Revenge "F"! A Cunning Trap is Set? - TV-14LV

12:30 - Attack on Titan: The Final Season #10 - A Sound Argument - TV-14L

1:00 - Food Wars! The Third Plate #4 - A Pride of Young Lions - TV-MAS
1:30 - Fire Force #41 - Boys, Be Weak - TV-MA
2:00 - Black Clover #142 - Those Remaining - TV-PG
2:30 - SSSS.GRIDMAN #10 - Collapse - TV-14

3:00 - Naruto Shippuden #333 - The Risks of the Reanimation Justu - TV-14V
3:30 - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba #20 - Pretend Family - TV-MAV

When Black Clover does eventually get back to canon I will have to be dragged back kicking and screaming to watch it.

Titan- Hange is the best. You call it disheveled, I call it quarantine style. Aw shit what's he gonna do with the queen. I always forget how freakishly short Levi is. Oh right, Mikasa's the only Asian in the country. Congratulations, you're the last descendant of the baby everybody forgot. Ancestral family trauma besties! Zeke stole that from a dude he murdered. Greed is a great motivator. You should probably not trust Zeke. Aw hell they're gonna make Historia a baby factory. I'm with Eren, fuck Zeke. Nevermind, fuck you Eren. Aw shit she's pregnant. Never trust a bunch of old drunk white dudes. Historia no have some standards. I wonder what would happen if you titan'd a fetus. Iiiii've been workin' on the raaaaaaaailroad. :D Levi is short and doesn't like it. Everybody get on the boat. :( I miss Sasha. Make Levi a titan and the war will be over in 40 minutes. :D I love these idiots. :( Sasha was supposed to live a long life. Oh they're definitely gonna have to kill Eren. Connie needs a hug. Titan Levi, still on the table.

Food Wars- I hate you all. Your competition doesn't have to be 100% perfect to beat the piss out of you. I do like the Food Power Rangers. I have no memory of this guy. Shut up, bald dudes. My mouth hurts just watching these people. I'd eat my own leg before I stood in that line. Did he just stick an egg in the middle of that meatball? Okay but that still sounds like an absolute bitch to make in large quantities. Meanwhile, more people I don't care about. This fucker's still here? I was hoping it'd be hot dad and I'm so goddamn disappointed. I forgot these three were still shitting up the place. Who the fuck is this? Am I supposed to know who Harry Potter here is? Is she even allowed to work another booth? Don't these kids have their own shit to do? The real food stall was the friends you made along the way. Okay you had me at chocolate. Who the fuck is that!?

Fire Force- Everything is going to hell but at least Arthur is having fun. This kid needs a hug. And now everyone has cancer. Shoot him. Huh, that guy was actually pretty alright in the end. Meanwhile Inca's 90% of the way to an orgasm. Now I feel bad for him for his adoptive garbage daughter. I hate Uncle Reaper so much. Who am I even supposed to root for here? I hate you, weird hyperactive ghost man. Thanks I guess, grown man who enjoys beating the shit out of small children. Nah dude, this shit is weird. Inca, still the fucking worst. Oh right, people died here. Fuck you moon. Here kid, this is your dad now. Man get off your Gameboy. Captain Sexy is too buff for you to threaten. Go ahead and kill Science Dandy, see if I give a shit. Of course they knew, they probably put that girl in there. I've seen Monsters Inc, I know you can find a new source. Date me, Captain Sexy. Date me, Vulcan. He'll build his own generator! With blackjack! And hookers! Well that's an unexpected twist. Oh his kawaii eyes are creepy. You should definitely worry about what they're doing to that kid.

Clover- Absolutely the fuck not.

Gridman- Now that's an early commercial. Here kids have some existential crisis. Akane broke. How dare these bitches be nice and include her in their plans. He's right, I don't sleep. It's funny when the little one kicks him in the shins. Fuck you, door! Huh, that's different. This is going way too well. And green boy was never seen again. Depression sure is a bitch even if you're god. Oh right, midterms. Man if you're a sensitive immature god, high school would be the absolute worst place to send yourself. Poor albino kid. Even the kaiju looks depressed. That poor thing just wants to die. Oh hey, surprise attack. That poor thing just wants to die. Aww, he brought her the umbrella. Look with your special eyes! Aw shit that thing ain't dead. Whelp, that can't be good. RIP repair kaiju. Well, that could have gone better. PLAYER THREE HAS ENTERED THE GAME. He's a nice kaiju now. Oh yeah I am here for this shit. I'm proud of you, you weird little albino freak. She's about to hit that thing with a bat. Oh fuck.

Man, I just don't have it in me for comments this week. I'd supplement with comments from the /co/ discussion, but considering this week had a #StopAsianHate bumper that I'm 99.9% confident they'll complain about for being "forced", I'm gonna steer clear this week.

So I dunno. Guess I'll be taking my first true week off from premiere comments in a while. Holy crap, I don't think I've breaked from nights I've watched since Kekkaishi first premiered... Oh well, next week I'll come up with somethin'.

• Like 1

I mean if you need someone to tag in, I'm desperately avoiding trying to do something constructive. I'm not really up for breaking down single episodes anymore but I can throw together some general reactions.

I've always enjoyed Attack on Titan, but a lot of that was because of the sheer spectacle of it, of seeing just how desperate things could get and how the protagonists could just barely claw their way out of it. But this final season has been an absolute revelation. I can't think of another series I've watched that's managed to turn the narrative on its head quite like this, creating genuine sympathy for the mass-murdering antagonists while sending the main protagonist down a path of self-destruction. Certainly nothing else in this demographic. It's by far my most compelling watch every week, and I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see just how far into darkness we're going to descend.

I'd say Food Wars is my ultimate guilty pleasure, but let's face it I feel absolutely no shame about it. I love how committed it is to its bit, how hard it goes over-the-top while playing everything completely straight-faced. If you're going to make an anime version of Iron Chef with all-but-literal food porn, this is the only way to do it. Moments like the end of that last episode with everyone in awe over that batshit-crazy food reveal are what I live for.

Fire Force is a series that hooked me early on, absolutely cratered partway into the first season, but then pulled things back together by the end. This second season has been a marked improvement overall. The stakes are higher, we're getting all sorts of fun lore, and our band of lovable idiots are getting into all sorts of shenanigans. (Arthur is love, Arthur is life.) The last few episodes felt kind of...off, but I have high hopes going forward. But seriously, no more psychos popping out of kids' mouths, please.

It's bad enough that we had to go through some monkey's-paw bullshit ending a terrible show while being subjected to Black Clover's return, but to add insult to injury we're forced to endure some of the most banal inconsequential filler episodes I've ever had to sit through, focused on characters I do not give a single shit about. It's so bad that even though this currently-starting storyline was almost certainly not in the manga, I'm so desperate for anything resembling a plot that it almost seems like a relief.

While Titan has been my most compelling watch, I think I'd have to call Gridman my favorite thing on the block right now. I figured I'd probably like it from what little I knew about it, but it has been a sheer delight so far. The cast is colorful and well-developed, there are gobs of Eva undertones everywhere, the fight scenes kick ass, and my inner 6-year-old wants to buy the shit out of a combining Gridman toy. I love the hell out of how Trigger has managed to capture the motions of monsters originally played by guys running around in derpy rubber suits. Can't wait to see how this wild ride wraps up.

Shippuden is, well, Shippuden. What frustrates me the most about this series is that it's capable of hitting some genuine highs every once in a long while. Naruto finally breaking through to Kurama and making a genuine connection? That was legitimately awesome stuff, complete with flashy animation and a bitchin' soundtrack. But immediately afterwards the show craps the bed with episodes full of flashback and padding (let's note that it only just returned from filler, what the hell), and then oh hey it's everyone's favorite little emo shit to utterly kill the mood. We're in the "final battle" and there's still a third of the series left...lord give me strength.

Rewatching Demon Slayer, it's amazing that I can pinpoint the exact moment when my enthusiasm for the series waned: Zenitsu's true introduction, groveling and crying at the feet of some poor woman like the sniveling pussy-ass bitch he is. It's a rare show that has one single character bring down the entire experience so profoundly, but the only redeeming moment the little shit has had so far was getting the crap kicked out of him to protect Nezuko, and then he swiftly squandered that goodwill by creeping on her like a total perv. Who writes a character like that and thinks it's a good idea? What sucks is that the series has so many great moments, like that episode 19 fight scene, but you just know that he's going to pull his shtick somewhere down the line and bring you down again.

Lessee, what finished recently...

Every time I thought that Waifu Simulator 2020 couldn't possibly get any dumber, I wound up eating my words, because dear sweet jebus did it keep plumbing new lows. What gets me the most is that it seemed hell-bent on repeatedly trying to garner sympathy for the sociopath who murdered thousands for literally no reason at all. He can rot in hell right alongside Kawahara's sick rape fetish. Fuck this franchise so hard. The only saving grace is that it looks like we won't have to deal with any more of it for a good while.

AssClass was a total blast. Koro-sensei is the goddamn best. I hope we get that second season sooner than later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Well now, can't say I was expecting this to come out of my burnout. I've always enjoyed reading through your comments, TG, even if some of them are tough to get through by way of being oppositions to my own "eh, I'm enjoying it in its own way" opinions. (For all it's worth, I've gotten much better about that since 2013/2014.) Even as a general overview, complete with the obligatory "Fuck SAO" paragraph, I'm happy to see you get back in the game, if ultimately as a one-time substitution for my own takes. Thanks man, I really appreciate the impromptu tag-in.

• Like 1

First Sabo, then Broly, now Maka's dad. I don't know how good JYB's Vic impression is, but it must be pretty dang decent if he's taken up this many of his roles.

12:00 - Dragon Ball Super #108 - Frieza and Frost! A Mutual Malevolence? - TV-14L

12:30 - Attack on Titan: The Final Season #11 - Deceiver - TV-14LV

1:00 - Food Wars! The Third Plate #5 - The Shadow Over the Dining Table - TV-MAS
1:30 - Fire Force #42 - The Holy Woman's Anguish/The Man, Assault - TV-MA
2:00 - Black Clover #143 - The Tilted Scale - TV-PGL
2:30 - SSSS.GRIDMAN #11 - Decisive Battle - TV-14V

3:00 - Naruto Shippuden #334 - Sibling Tag Team - TV-PG
3:30 - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba #21 - Against Corps Rules - TV-MAV

Or maybe he's just doing his regular JYB voice, which I also respek.

It's fun remembering how JYB was in Power Rangers and I've technically had a crush on him for damn near 30 years.

Titan- I hate this child. Reiner's having a bad day, again. Maybe he betrayed you because you're terrible. Hello there, random kid. This is a good kid. Gabi is fucking awful. Oh no isn't that Sasha's family? This is gonna go so, so bad. This lady's just here to see some carnage. Man I love Hange. Kill them, Hange. I always forget this guy exists but when I remember him, I hate him. Hange needs a nap and probably a hug. She's definitely got a crush on Mikasa. Aw shit they're gonna execute that lady. Horses are terrifying. Thank you, horse. I like that Gabi's original plan was to steal some horses to escape but also can't ride a horse. Welcome to the orphan farm. Oh fuck off, child. Uh oh she knows. I hate her so much. Oh, that's horrifying. Remember, racism is bad. This good child needs a hug. At least Falco is a decent person. :( Sasha was the best. Get in line, Levi has first dibs on Zeke's head.

Food Wars- I still have no idea who that girl is or why I should give a fuck. I hate you all. Just accept that you're ahead you overachieving jackass. Blah blah blah, history repeats, whatever. So then everyone lost and this was all pointless. Oh I'm gonna hate this overly fancy shit. Okay I can respect a bitch that constantly eats. I also don't trust my coworkers to do anything. I really hope the school janitors get paid well for cleaning up all these orgasms. Stop crying you little bitch. I miss you, hot dad. Oh what the fuck now. Who ordered the Daddy Issues? Shut up, Soma. Oh what the fuck now. Yeah sure this'll go well.

Fire Force- Hey Captain Sexy. Sorry about your dead wife, buddy. Titties. Date me, captain. Shinra no she's a nun. Haa her little cobra arm. Bless this shotgun, amen. Religion sure is hard when it's just a cover for creating an apocalypse. Oh right, her entire orphanage died. Hibana, in a rare moment when she's not being goddamn terrible. Aw hell somebody's on fire. Whelp, so much for the priest. Well that's depressing. Iris needs a hug. Well, I've had worse dates than this. Oh right, he has weird visions of her naked crazy doppelganger. Meanwhile, oh fuck what's going on. I have no memory of this guy. Go ahead and kill her. Man I wish I got to look at porn for my job. Fucking christ this is painful. To the titty bar! Man, this started out as a good episode. That was awful and I hate everything.

Clover- No.

Gridman- Oh right, he got stabbed. Aw hell she cut the phone lines. Y'all better drive fast. Good thing she only stabbed him with a little pocket box cutter. Oh good, her friends are okay. Maybe you shouldn't have been so shitty to that poor albino kid. Oh I don't want to know what that alien has planned. Aw shit that's a lot of kaiju. Huh, did they not know he was a kaiju? To be fair, seeing Gridman fight them was awesome. I love watching those things run like mascots. Damn, he's doing a lot better than I expected. Her mom is super chill about all of this. Sweet, upgrade that thing. I keep forgetting he has amnesia. Well, that's new. Wait what, you're not a real person? I'm not entirely sure what's going on here but it's gonna be fun to watch. :D I love her mom. God I love this shit. Depression sure is a bitch. Girl you're destroying her town and killing her friends of course it involves her. Lesbians. Oh no you go away. Aw fuck that's not gonna end well.

I've determined that in the short-term, the occasional throwing out of thoughts like I've been doing in the past are more my speed than the overall assessments I've been doing recently. So despite this wasting time I could spend on other things like writing the sequel to my first completed hypothetical anime, fuck it I'm easing back into this again.

ATTACK ON TITAN - Oh Gabi, you unhinged paranoid piece of shit. They're safe, they're just not here. Clearly he betrayed Marley because those guys suck. Dammit Gabi don't you pick up that rock. Hooooooorses. That one kid over there looks a little like Conny. "I'm Ben, and this is Jerry." Aw shit it's Sasha's fam. For fuck's sake, Gabi, can you not act racist for five minutes!? And Falco, meanwhile, is just overselling it. A money-grubber meeting a scat fetishist, a.k.a. just another art commission on the deep web. A flying boat? This fat dude's voice is too deep for his face, but then again, that's anime for you. FLOCH YOU SON OF A BITCH. "Stick 'em in that cell that just emptied the other day." "You mean the one with the corpse?" It's easy to forget that dude who killed the priest even existed. "I'm pooped." Don't let Zachary hear you say that. Not that cell specifically, anyways. It's about damn time Mikasa got herself a lesbian admirer. Reminder that Eren was a fuckin psycho even back then. Oh Pyxis, you and your love of the ladies. :D She deserved that. It's a little something we like to call "divine retribution". SAMMICHES. Oh, so they're all orphans. Shut the fuck up Gabi, this is neither the time, the place, nor the mood for more-than-casual racism. Huh, girl's smarter than she let on, all thanks to their obviousness. "Yare yare daze..." Oh shit is that the girl Sasha saved back in season 2? There's racists, and then there's Gabi. Finally, someone who speaks sense. Even though she got killed, it's as if Sasha never died. Err, in a spiritual sense. Sharp eyes, Magath. SHIT COUNT: 1. So if they're the most talented, does that mean Zofia and Udo weren't shit? You can do whatever you want, so long as Gabi dies in the end. And now my dad's pointing out how redundant "we should attack at once and soon" sounds when you really think about it.

FOOD WARS! - I had faith Soma would find a way out of the hole, and I'm glad the connections he made over the past two seasons helped him get there. I also like to think Kuga's overconfidence played a part in him being did in. Assuming the Council of Ten are like siblings, that's not an inaccurate assessment. Soma ain't no chicken, if anything he's the one that cooks them. He also does things simple, like a true shonen protag. Dang sound glitches, made me miss part of what she said. Wouldn't have guessed Kuga rejecting Soma's Food War offer was to have him avoid the feeling of crushing loss he did when he tried the same thing and got a yes. (Even if it was mostly his own rivalry he was dealing with.) Oh well, at least a valiant effort was made. DAT SHAFT HEADTILT. 😬 "I feel way too underdressed for this." Megumi can't stop attracting lesbian admirers. I'd say something about Erina's shop being reservation-only being why she's only #2, but I think the show already did that. It ain't Isshiki if he ain't wearin' that loincloth. Rindo is so based, I love her. And this extremely limited seating arrangement and staff setup is why he's only #4. "He must be incredibly confident in himself or none of this would be possible!" Well he is the #1 seat. Cooking OCD, the most troublesome of food disorders. Easily the most avant-garde foodgasm yet, a true match for the physical atmosphere. When you think about it, isn't it always after midnight? Careful, guy, your inner Monk is showing. German translated into Japanese translated into English. Now that is pretentious. Erina may be terrible, but even she wants Soma's dad to come back into the show as much as certain others do. Ian Sinclair, what are you doing in a Sentai dub? AND HE'S ERINA'S DADDY. Erina has no good side, just one side that's less bad than the other. Just his presence is enough to make Erina suffer PTSD she didn't even know she had. Neat, impressionism. Even as a misshapen dick of a man in a dub from a subpar studio, Sinclair remains a joy to listen to. Funny how Soma went from the one person Erina didn't want there to the one she's most relieved to see. Soma's so based he drove God Tongue Dandy outta the room without even trying. :D Nice of you to join us, Badass Grandpa. Oh, he's got Zoldyck eyes, no wonder they're freaking me out. Aaaaaand now we've got a hostile takeover on our hands. Okay, so the only four who didn't vote yes were Erina, Isshiki, Kuga, and that wool hat guy. Or maybe I should start calling him Food Fascist Dandy. Kinda strange how the credits list out everyone's full name but Former Director Nakiri's. Huh, no post-credits stinger this time, this must be serious.

FIRE FORCE - MAKOTO NOOOOOOO. I'm still a little annoyed we never got the full version of this OP, but that's to be expected when you've got another new OP and a non-canonical event already pushing things past on the night of its debut. Remember to keep your closet nun fetish in check, Shinra. Iris is moe. DANGIT SHINRA I TOLD YOU TO KEEP IT IN CHECK. This is easily the brightest-looking setpiece in the show so far. Oh hey, it's that guy. Finally he gets some time to shine after just "being there" last season. I still don't remember him losing his arm. Faith isn't a bad thing, just make sure you put your faith in right things. I had a feeling it was to visit the graves of her and Hibana's fellow trainees. Sunflower symbolism. :D They turned it into a host club stage. I'm still a little disappointed that I didn't take to Hibana as quickly as I did other, technically more heinous domfus. Dang, didn't know Iris's costume design had something for the foot fetishists. Prayers won't do shit against those goddang fire bugs. I still can't believe "Latom" replaced "Amen". In all fairness, our God also wants to destroy the world, we're just praying the heat death of the universe happens before he acts on it. Dang, that logo really blends into the sidewalk. I know nuns can't marry but goddammit I ship these two. I knew it, they are changing up the bumps more often now! It's like 2012 all over again. So shameless she doesn't even try to hide those vagina bones. "By becoming a porn addict, I have achieved pure asexuality!" Weird, this dude has no eyebrows. TAMAKI used PANTYSHOT: IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE! Off to the strip joint! :D That's our Death Scythe, still depressed that his daughter hates him, even now. DYNOMITE, DYNOMITE. Tamaki is also moe, but in the way that's demonized by the BBC. (Lewd pun unintended.) "I can't let her beat me off like this anymore." 🤣 Phrasing, guy! Those poor mascots. FIRE GRAFFITI. Those are some weird shoes those White-Clads wear. And now we'll never know.

BLACK CLOVER - So are we just not calling her Secre anymore? Maybe FUNimation realized they pronounced it wrong and are waiting until people have forgotten to pronounce it the right way. If that's the case, then the only way to wake him up will be for you to kiss him. #stopaarphate. (What, too soon?) Mind-hacking solves everything! :D Yami really has no chill. BASTARD COUNT: 2. Doors are just another obstacle to them. "Now you will know the true power of a Libra!" OH YEAHHHHHH. These interns are real dicks to the CEO, I wonder if that's commentary for something. It still kinda gets me that Finral's just a magic chauffeur to him. Yes, yes, we know you care about your sister to honestly problematic levels. Mind-hacking solving problems once again! Oh right, so that's what that bracelet was. Despite knowing it's a trap, Gauche chooses to make a forceful breakthrough. Onnnnnne more thing. Nozel is a complicated man, but you know what they say, one man's complication is another's inconsistency. What I want to know is, how many of those pictures were taken without her consent? Team Siblings, Team G-Squared, and Team Wheels and the Legman. I bet next episode, first thing Finral does is try to hit on her, despite being a widow and the enemy.

GRIDMAN - Double crap, no OP right away and Yuta's been shanked. The phone's dead, and so is he if they don't get a move on. If you can't get an ambulance, you just have to take the affected there yourself. Huh, so Akane's place was next to the junk shop this entire time; it wasn't just some strange transition. Good news, he's alive, bad news, he's comatose. Now that the city's no longer being reset, Gridman (and Anti) is starting to build up a fandom. Anti confirmed for Gridman II. A practical abundance of kaiju. :D Oh right, Utsumi doesn't even know about Anti's human form. And it goes the other way too. Being a kaiju fanboy is tough, much like someone whose waifu is a mass murderer. Samurai Dandy laughing is a weird sight, but it's a welcome one. DOUBLE KILL. Anti as Grid-Knight is redemption done right. (Bullhorn.) I want to believe there's a doujin out there of the Neon Genesis Junior High Students gang-banging Rikka's mom, but I know there most likely is not. MHA Season 5 on Toonami isn't a matter of if, but when. Much like Dr. Stone season 2, and (we all hope) Mob Psycho 100 II once Crunchyroll's exclusivity contract runs out. I don't know exactly what all that means, outside of it having hexadecimal color, but neat. [snaps pic] So does this mean Yuuta/Utsumi is the main pairing now? Or maybe it's Yuuta/Gridman like it was always destined to be. Especially now that we know that Yuuta and Gridman are one in the same sort of. SSSS.OK. Oh hey, I remember that kaiju (if you can even call it that). Wait, so was Yuuta always Gridman, or is Gridman controlling Yuuta just now? Did Yuuta Hibiki even exist to begin with? "In the end, I never did anything." Such is the fate of every token male best friend voiced by Greg Ayres character. Oh yeah, we still have the mountain one to get through. 😮 Oh shit his eyes changed color. Rikka's mom confirmed for the chillest MILF in anime history. DOUBLE GRIDMAN, GO! These animated tokusatsu battles are way too hype to put into mere words. 😁 Dangit Rikka if talking things out with her didn't work before it probably won't work now. Maybe if you tried looking where you were stabbing, you'd have been more successful. "I can't make any more kaiju!" "No, Akane, you are the kaiju." And then Akane was a kaiju.

SHIPPUDEN - Kabuto, I know you're a snake-man now and can't help it, but goddammit put your tongue back in your mouth. And then he was actual snakes. "You're still nothing but that ninja info cards guy from season 1." Now you're just ripping off Suigetsu. Thanks for confirming my quip, show, I'd never have put it past you. Oh yeah, forgot to mention, Karin is Naruto's distant cousin. I'm aware of Frog Mountain, but those woods I don't recognize. "I did it!" Sex. ACKSHUALLY. Great, now he's even grosser. No surprise, you were Orochimaru's Dragon. Oh yeah, I forgot about Madara reversing the playing field with his clones. But wouldn't their Susanoos have only a fraction of the power of the original, or is this some sort of Madara hax? Well if his chakra's infinite, then clearly it's hax. I do like that nobody ever expected Kabuto to pull this much off. EAR RAPE NO JUTSU. Kabuto's sage mode freaks me the fuck out and for damn good reason. He also has self-awareness of how fucked up the Uchiha are personality-wise. "You died a genius, but revived an idiot!" Huh, so Pierrot was doing adventures in boar-hunting well before Black Clover came along. If you're such a good archer, where were those skills throughout your previous appearances? Lemme guess, too reminiscent of Itachi for you to even try using them? MY PARSNIPS! Not gonna lie, this past-present parallel battle is pretty cool, even if it does involve Sasuke. Either that or arrow-shooting isn't exactly his forte, at least physically.

The evil Alexis Kerib lives inside computer circuits! With the help of Akane Shinjo, he creates kaiju to attack electronic systems! Meanwhile, a freak accident turns Yuuta Hibiki into Gridman! His friends join forces with their special Assist Weapons! Together, they transform into... the Gridman Alliance!

And it ends tonight.

12:00 - Dragon Ball Super #109 - The Mightiest Enemy Zeroes in on Goku! Launch the Knockout Spirit Bomb Now! - TV-14LV

12:30 - Attack on Titan: The Final Season #12 - Guides - TV-14DV

1:00 - Food Wars! The Third Plate #6 - The Captive Queen - TV-MA
1:30 - Fire Force #43 - The Oze Family - TV-MA
2:00 - Black Clover #144 - Those Who Wish for the Devil's Demise - TV-PG
2:30 - SSSS.GRIDMAN #12 - Awakening (Finale) - TV-14V
- END
3:00 - Naruto Shippuden #335 - To Each Their Own Leaf - TV-PGL
3:30 - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba #22 - Master of the Mansion - TV-MAV

[see you space hyper-agent]

Edited by PokeNirvash

Titan- I always forget she's locked in a giant crystal. He wasn't gonna molest the titan crystal, he swears! I'm blaming Eren for this. Okay lady what's your deal here. She's just here to watch some carnage, I guess. I like this guy, it's gonna suck when he inevitably dies. Aw shit she's playing all of them isn't she. Obligatory fuck you, Zeke. Whelp, that could have gone better. And then shit blew up. Goddammit Eren. Oh all of you randos are absolutely going to die immediately. Where's Levi? Might wanna check that Levi hasn't killed Zeke yet. I trust this old guy. Surely all of this will go well. Mikasa knows what's up. God I love Hange. Oh hey, Sasha's family. Oh shit it's pack mule.

Food Wars- Hot dad! Damn you kids are dumb and this is gonna bite you in the ass. Put on pants you weirdo. I don't trust Creepy Dad Dandy. Ohhh this is gonna get all weird and incesty isn't it. Get the hell out of my room you weird old man. So then, she was always an unlikable bitch. I'd still probably pick that out of the trash can like a feral raccoon. Oh, so he's the one who made her a complete bitch. Yeah this escape attempt will go well. Yes, run away. Shut up, worst Sasuke. I agree, Erina sucks. Send her to hot dad. Oh hey, is Megumi actually going to be useful for a change? She's literally on the school campus, how hidden can she be? Look at the sad abused girl's tits, look at them! I do enjoy the bros. Erina, still fucking terrible.

Fire Force- Maki is my girlfriend. I'd like to marry your daughter, sir. God please just date me. Huh, she has a brother? Her mom is also pretty. Awww, he's a good dad. Oh no he's gonna kill GUN dude. I love her so much. I love this entire family. Oh right, that's where they went last season. Hi, Captain Sexy. Her brother's definitely about to die isn't he. Well that's different. Aw fuck it's the fire bug. Aw shit it's a bomb. RIP brother, you were cute. This is not my fault. Oh, he's alive. :D Donkey dick. I hate you, Lisa. Hiii Captain Sexy. Tell your dad to fuck off. Fuck you too, gun man. Date me, Captain Sexy. Arthur you poor dumb idiot. This is horseshit let my buff wife do her job. Everyone loves Maki. Oh I hate this other girl. Let my buff wife do her job! Hi there, ugly ceiling guy. Oh yeah this is gonna go just great.

Clover- No.

Gridman- Akane's gonna need a hug after this. I love how her mom just goes with it. Uh Rikka might be dead now. Anti turned out to be a good kid after all. Shut up, fancy alien. "Fabricated meat thing" is how I'd describe myself most days. They'll help her with the power of friendship and also these mechas. Get in the robot, Shinji. Anti's helping! Shut up and just thank him for helping you. RIP albino, you tried your best. Oh that ain't good. Oooh, sweet new armbands. LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOO. Aw hell he can't die. Dude just play a dating sim or something. My idea city would have way more naked dudes. Whelp, Gridman's dead. Oh this is new. This is the power of friendship and violence. Aww, she finally accepts them as her friends. Eat shit, Alex. This is spiral power, bitch! I'm not entirely sure what just happened but damn am I here for it. Can we have lesbians now? Aww, she got her girlfriend a present. Somebody better fuck god before this is over. :( Nobody got to fuck god. Bye, Gridman. It's fine, the evil immortal alien is stuck in this hamster cage. Bye, Sword Dandy and Pals. Wait is our albino hobo still alive? Oh hey, the little hobo girl is here too. Wait what? Was this all just a game of Sims?

ATTACK ON TITAN - I don't exactly know what a "Petard" is, but Zachary was certainly hoist by his own, even if it was through it being rigged with explosives and killing him. Wasn't expecting him to get offed this early, so it's nice to see I'm still unspoiled about some things in Titan.

FOOD WARS - Erina's dad may be a total dickbag, but goddamn Ian Sinclair's delivery of his lines is just perfect, especially in a dub of inferior technical quality to FUNi's regular output. It may take a while, if at all, before Erina's really "likable", but it's nice to see people got her back in these dark times she's going through. Also, isn't it more than a little fishy that the Council of Ten passed a majority rule vote without input from all of the members, because Isshiki and Erina not knowing what went on seems a little convenient.

FIRE FORCE - Maki's family is great, though the baby-talk is indeed an acquired taste. It's still weird seeing Tamaki in a nun outfit, but at least she didn't lose it this time.

BLACK CLOVER - The one episode where Gauche isn't nosebleeding over his imouto, and it's the one where he and Gordon are mistaken for child predators. It was an awkward one. 😅

GRIDMAN - That finale was awesome and everything and I would wholeheartedly rewatch it but holy shit reading up on its TV Tropes page made me realize I'm nowhere near otaku enough to appreciate it on all fronts. 9.9/10, Dynazenon wen Demarco?

SHIPPUDEN - The moment I saw the orphanage Kabuto grew up in, I was all, "holy shit, that's the orphanage he's running for all those clones in Boruto!" It's nice to see he kept the glasses his nun-caretaker gave him, even after going off the deep end.