UnevenEdge

The Orville

nameraka

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's terrific honestly, there have been waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse attempts at sci-fi series, and even sci-fi comedies for that matter. Although it doesn't just stay comedic.

It bounces between some laughs and humerus situations to sci-fi, and drama. Not a ton of action so far, but they tend to pace it much like a Star Trek episode more than Star Wars and new Trek.

So far it looks beautiful, it has a few laughs, and they can obviously tell a sci-fi story based on the 2nd episode. As a Star Trek fan for years I would suggest it, and millions of others enjoy it and would as well.

I think it's terrific honestly, there have been waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse attempts at sci-fi series, and even sci-fi comedies for that matter. Although it doesn't just stay comedic.

It bounces between some laughs and humerus situations to sci-fi, and drama. Not a ton of action so far, but they tend to pace it much like a Star Trek episode more than Star Wars and new Trek.

So far it looks beautiful, it has a few laughs, and they can obviously tell a sci-fi story based on the 2nd episode. As a Star Trek fan for years I would suggest it, and millions of others enjoy it and would as well.

woman-looking-suspicious-closeup-portrait-skeptical-young-some-disgust-her-face-mixed-disapproval-isolated-37974090.jpg

I'd still rather watch a real star trek show than Seth Macfarland's blatant rip-off

Just because it's an exploratory ship/crew, and a futuristic union of planets doesn't mean it's a complete ripoff of Star Trek.

Star Trek beat everyone on the topic, but that doesn't mean they are the only ones who can have a stab at it or dream of a future in space allied with other planets. That's just silly.

I have watched A LOT of sci-fi shows, this one is not bad at all. It's actually better thus far than Star Trek Enterprise in my opinion.

Bottom line is what I said is true: It's already gained millions of fans, it looks beautiful, and they can tell a decent sci-fi story as they have shown in episodes 2 and 3.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...