UnevenEdge

Jaco is basically Kiyone Makibi

mochi

Kiyone was likable?

She made sense in that one OVA about Mihoshi's story because she was the straight woman to the insanity (and Mioshi was still likable back then).

most people think Kiyone is more likable than her OVA counterpart "Noike"

(who as it turns out both is AND isn't Kiyone, she's based on the same (at the time nameless) base character design Kajishima had made for Mihoshi's galaxy police partner, but apparently Kajishima and his co-author couldn't agree on what the character should be like, Kiyone's creator wanted her to be strong and tough, but Kajishima said "strong women don't exist" so his co-writer basically said, "if you think you can do it better than fine" and left the series, ultimately Kajishima named his version of that character Noike and she is a great deal less interesting than Kiyone with a much less distinct personality)

kiyone10.full.jpeg

9180-1475027.jpg

other than Noike being a lot more subdued and having a much more bizzare backstory they're ultimately the same character though

I find Goku saying he likes Chichi because she's strong willed in the above scene a bit ironic in retrospect

since he confesses to not really caring that much about her and says he's never even kissed her in a future arc, to Vegeta's confusion and concern

• 2 weeks later...

I genuinely thought everyone hated Jaco

I'm honestly really ambivalent about him.  To me, he's really just kinda "there".  I don't really think about where he came from or how Bulma knows him, because I learned that putting thought into the "why" questions of Dragon Ball Super will just lead to me being even more confused and dissatisfied.