UnevenEdge

NieR: Automata

EyeOfPain

Full game came out today, and it's pretty darn fun. Had some trouble with one of the first two quests, but I just had to go out and explore to get it done.

PS4 Demo

So, I don't know much about the Drakengard franchise, but this sounded interesting enough to put in a pre-order on Amazon. A demo for this game was released a few days ago, and after a couple playthroughs, I'm kinda looking forward to it's release.

The first DLC for NieR: Automata (3C3C1D119440927) is out, and the price is $13.99 on both PS4 and Steam.

I played it earlier today. I liked it, but it felt a lot different from the original Nier.

While the original wasn't great from a gameplay perspective, it had great atmosphere, and I don't know if Automata will live up to that based on the demo.

Based on what I've heard, the goal with Automata is to maintain the aesthetic of NieR, but take the complaints/criticisms about the gameplay and compensate for what the original was lacking, or something along those lines.

• 2 months later...

god damn! urgh, i'll have to buy this when i have the funds again. i'm pretty much broke after that tax refund spending spree.

I am enjoying it quite a bit. Played about 6 and a half hours today, until the game crashed on me, and haven't even gotten any different costumes that show off 2B's features.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've never heard of the franchise until a couple of weeks ago when my friends were talking about it.

After finishing the story endings for Automata, I went back and started playing NieR for the first time. I haven't gotten very far, but it is a much less fun game as far as combat is concerned.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The first DLC for NieR: Automata came out today: 3C3C1D119440927 (PSN/Steam)

The price is $13.99 on both PS4 and PC. In addition to the DLC content, you also get a new Pod skin (at least on PS4), amazarashi. I believe it's a tribute to the band.

If you're a PlayStation Plus member, the Day One Edition bundle is also on sale for the next week, at $41.99: link

• 4 weeks later...

Playing as 9S is wack. I'm sick of the hacking mini games.

They take a while to get used to. I hated them at first too, but by the end of the game, I had cleared all but maybe one of them. It seemed to help when I stopped trying to dodge individual bullets, and started looking for patterns in how to avoid the bullet storms.