UnevenEdge

rate a PC build

Naraku4656

6/10? Idk.. That's all decent stuff. I'm using alot of the same stuff, but I might have a better graphics card from

gigabyte. I noticed some important stuff missing.. Namely the case. :D but maybe he has one already.

Also there's no dvd drive/rewriter.. I'd rather have that than a wfi adapter on a desktop personally..

Oh the pic was so small I missed it.  Does he really need wifi, and a network adapter? I mean for a laptop

those compnents are pretty necessary but a desktop is going to sit in the same place mostly so you might

as well just connect it with a hardwire. You can still use a router I just don't think it's necessary.

Oh the pic was so small I missed it.  Does he really need wifi, and a network adapter? I mean for a laptop

those compnents are pretty necessary but a desktop is going to sit in the same place mostly so you might

as well just connect it with a hardwire. You can still use a router I just don't think it's necessary.

it's $12 and if it's her only computer and the router's radio stops working for whatever reason, how are you going to diagnose it if you're not able to wirelessly connect to it?

My desktop is my only computer..  The only real reason to have a router is if you are trying to push a

wifi signal out further in a big house or something, but if they really need a router I guess it's worth it.

I just use a cable modem for all my devices, and it works fine.

the wifi adapter is $39, but you need the network adapter as well so it's actually $39+$12

That build doesn;t even have any way to read disks so I just thought that might be more important

than wifi connection, but it's not for me so idk..

i can't remember the last thing i used that required a physical CD

i can't remember the last thing i used that required a physical CD

I built my computer for use with DAWs and to be a studio more so then a gaming computer, and alot of s

tudio software comes with set up disks.. Also how are they going to install an OS when it's booted up without

a diskreader. I mean I guess people just have the install files for this shit laying around on a flashdrive these

days idk. I guess they come with usb drives? someone used one of there installs to give me windows 7 when I

built this, and I upgraded it online from there, but I enjoy listening to cd's and dvd/blurays, and making my own

so idk.. A computer just doesn't seem right without a disk drive to me.  :D

no excuse for not aving an ssd drive this day and age. everything else looks good for the price.

There's no disputing that SSDs out perform HDDs, but it's really not that big of a deal as long as you

have a good writer arm on your HDD. Most of your speeds going to come from your processor and

the amount of ram anyway. If I ever need to replace my hard drive, I'll probably get an SSD though..

There's no disputing that SSDs out perform HDDs, but it's really not that big of a deal as long as you

have a good writer arm on your HDD. Most of your speeds going to come from your processor and

the amount of ram anyway. If I ever need to replace my hard drive, I'll probably get an SSD though..

ssd drives will make the biggest impact when it comes to normal desktop use compared to a good cpu or ram will.