UnevenEdge

Tomorrow is the anniversary of my first dogs death

Mix

Why were you playing legos?

playin' with what? what are talkin' about

damn you GunStarHero[/member]

he's dead, ok....it doesn't matter how, Poof....why you so curious....you wearin' a wire, huh.... >:(

that always sucks man, I'm sorry.

That beautiful creature you see in my profile pic is no longer with us

I had to put her down last year

I've lost Family members, and I've lost friends, putting my Dog down was by far one of the hardest things I've ever gone through in life.

She lived 16 years as a Retriever/Border Collie mix, She was fucking beautiful, and she just loved people.  I'll never forget when Moparman came to hangout and he was all "I don't let dogs lick me" I told him that was going to change soon

he tried that half pet thing people do where they kind of pat a dog's head in affection, she jumped on the couch and licked his face within 2 seconds.  ;D

that always sucks man, I'm sorry.

That beautiful creature you see in my profile pic is no longer with us

I had to put her down last year

I've lost Family members, and I've lost friends, putting my Dog down was by far one of the hardest things I've ever gone through in life.

She lived 16 years as a Retriever/Border Collie mix, She was fucking beautiful, and she just loved people.  I'll never forget when Moparman came to hangout and he was all "I don't let dogs lick me" I told him that was going to change soon

he tried that half pet thing people do where they kind of pat a dog's head in affection, she jumped on the couch and licked his face within 2 seconds.  ;D

this has made me so sad....this thread was supposed to be a dumb joke....now i'm broken hearted over the death of a dog I never even met

This is the perfect thread for me to seek catharsis........I came across this video yesterday and my heart has been heavy ever since.

The reason being, before we moved here I had a black lab.......She was my best friend.  She was actually my exes dog but of course she never took care of it so I raised her up from a pup.  She was in inside dog for the first year or so but....You know...Black lab.....It became a bus of a dog.  I built her a pen but she hated it and busted out a lot, so after much frustration I just trained her to stay in the yard.

Anyway, me and the girl broke up and I let Sheeba move back inside......She was my best friend.  Then I met my kid's mother, my daughter came along, and it was back outside with Sheeba.  She didn't seem to mind it....but I figure chilling in the AC is much better than finding shade under the porch....So yeah, she was probably a little pissed.

FF to 2 years later, we had to move here to take care of her granny (the kids mother) and I protested because Sheeba couldn't come with us......I mean logically there was no way to choose my dog over my kids.....But still.....That shit was rough.  So I collected her things and bought her about 3 months of food and got a guy who had a lot of land and dogs to take her in.....I didn't and don't trust shelters.......She watched me drive away with those big blue eyes and it broke my heart.....Almost to the point that I wanted to go back and get her, but that would put me back at square one.

I sat up, looking out the window.....Knowing she had superior jail breaking skills and hoping she found her way home, but alas it never happened.  She probably thought I hated her  ::HMM:: :( Going to get back in bed and sob now.

5 years ago, on my birthday I had to put my best friend down because he developed severe allergies to grass, GRASS.... his skin become very infected and he would rip off his skin to get relief.... it broke my heart because after many many vet visits, even took him to get allergy tests at Tufts medical.... there wasn't anything they could do, and he was in constant pain all the time with absolutely no relief possible. He suffered for about a year and a half of this before multiple vets made the recommendation that his quality of life would be declining further and very rapidly. Just so happened it fell on my birthday.

Miss this guy, he was my best friend, we spent all day on the beach... .he would sleep under my wrangler in the sand and then play with all the kids in the water. Most gentle dog I ever owned. Some day, I will get another.... but shit man, miss him a lot.

Hobbes -

bldBd.jpg