UnevenEdge

That annoyingly catching song you can't stop listening to at the moment

I honestly haven't had any songs stuck in my head for a while now.

My mind has been busy, elsewhere, most likely on a wild goose chase, trying to find something. I mean there's always like a collection of old songs in the back on my mind but they usually don't get stuck playing in my head they're just there for inspiration or because they are attached to a memory.

I can look at the Billboard 100 and find the most recognizable hit song that I can enjoy but don't derive any deeper meaning out of than a pleasant distraction on my car ride to or from work.

Well, I tried looking at the Hot 100 list and only recognized 'Body Like a Back Road'; which isn't a bad song but not one of my personal favorites, nor does it ever get stuck in my head. Let me go over to YouTube and see what's popular there.

I honestly can't find anything over on YouTube, either. In fact it's all somewhat frightening that I don't recognize any of the popular content right now.

The only song that I can think of that I thought was catchy and looked up a couple months ago was 'Square Hammer' by Ghost. Unfortunately while I find it to be a catchy song I do not like the lyrical content, whether it's serious or not.

I remember watching a wrap-up video on The Needle Drop, YouTube channel of music critic Anthony Fantano (it was either him or DoseOfBuckley), at the end of last year and he said something to the effect that songs that play on the radio are following the same trend they've always followed, where new music tries to emulate and ride the waves of popular music of the time, but that the music that's popular these days is so boring, bland and sterile that everything that comes of just feels washed out, lo-fi, low energy, dream popish. So currently nothing really stands out, mainstream music has fallen into a spiral and the artists who are not as well known or on the fringe have their fan bases and do middling to fine with the individual support of their fans.

I'm just one person though, and this is only how I feel. I have no pedigree in music history, appreciation of music, the historical and cultural context of certain eras and genres. The music that plays in my head most of the time is the music I wish I knew how to create and breathe life into. It was a dream and maybe it was only a dream, but I saw it and I felt it. I called out to it and it smiled and faded away. Maybe I'm going about it the wrong way. Maybe it only comes to you and I'm on a wild goose chase. My one true hope in all of this, though, is that I'm not being deceived. True faith is a hard sell when you find something so sporadically.

I honestly haven't had any songs stuck in my head for a while now.

My mind has been busy, elsewhere, most likely on a wild goose chase, trying to find something. I mean there's always like a collection of old songs in the back on my mind but they usually don't get stuck playing in my head they're just there for inspiration or because they are attached to a memory.

I can look at the Billboard 100 and find the most recognizable hit song that I can enjoy but don't derive any deeper meaning out of than a pleasant distraction on my car ride to or from work.

Well, I tried looking at the Hot 100 list and only recognized 'Body Like a Back Road'; which isn't a bad song but not one of my personal favorites, nor does it ever get stuck in my head. Let me go over to YouTube and see what's popular there.

I honestly can't find anything over on YouTube, either. In fact it's all somewhat frightening that I don't recognize any of the popular content right now.

The only song that I can think of that I thought was catchy and looked up a couple months ago was 'Square Hammer' by Ghost. Unfortunately while I find it to be a catchy song I do not like the lyrical content, whether it's serious or not.

I remember watching a wrap-up video on The Needle Drop, YouTube channel of music critic Anthony Fantano (it was either him or DoseOfBuckley), at the end of last year and he said something to the effect that songs that play on the radio are following the same trend they've always followed, where new music tries to emulate and ride the waves of popular music of the time, but that the music that's popular these days is so boring, bland and sterile that everything that comes of just feels washed out, lo-fi, low energy, dream popish. So currently nothing really stands out, mainstream music has fallen into a spiral and the artists who are not as well known or on the fringe have their fan bases and do middling to fine with the individual support of their fans.

I'm just one person though, and this is only how I feel. I have no pedigree in music history, appreciation of music, the historical and cultural context of certain eras and genres. The music that plays in my head most of the time is the music I wish I knew how to create and breathe life into. It was a dream and maybe it was only a dream, but I saw it and I felt it. I called out to it and it smiled and faded away. Maybe I'm going about it the wrong way. Maybe it only comes to you and I'm on a wild goose chase. My one true hope in all of this, though, is that I'm not being deceived. True faith is a hard sell when you find something so sporadically.

did you try the second video?  :|

• 2 weeks later...